Page 1 of 32
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Feminist protesters shut down mens' rights talk at Canadian University again

If you don't watch all of it, make sure you watch the last ~30 seconds (of the first video.) What you will see is the definition of insanity.

Over the past 5 months, feminist protesters have shut down mens' rights talks repeatedly. They use tactics ranging from using blowhorns to make the session inaudible to screaming incoherently to pulling the fire alarm, all in a directed effort to shut down the talk. This seems to be a phenomenon that is exclusive to eastern Canadian universities for now, and it seems to thrive off of the various anti-hate speech statutes present within Canadian law (which means it couldn't happen here in the U.S., thankfully.)

Do you think the protesters are justified in doing what they do? 99% of the time, their excuse for the barbaric disruptions is that the talks promote "rape culture," whatever that means.
    Last edited by TheGravemind; 2014-04-20 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    deportation is the answer

where should they be deported to? hm how about the ocean

What the protesters are doing is so stupid that you would almost think they're trying to help the men's rights activists. They're painting themselves as irrational lunatics that victimize and oppress the MRAs, while drawing way more attention to the whole thing than it'd have gotten otherwise, neither of which is helping them.

I guess thinking isn't their strong suit, though.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    So women can have rights but men can't?

I only watched the last minute, apparently a guy going into a building is fucking scum because anyone who wants mens rights is going to rape someone ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Do you think the protesters are justified in doing what they do? 99% of the time, their excuse for the barbaric disruptions is that the talks promote "rape culture," whatever that means.
    You can't deny that a lot of them try to exaggerate how often false rapes occurs etc. They're just perpetrating myths about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "would you like to ask him why he's here?"
    "I'm not sufficiently convinced that I'll receive an answer that isn't what I've presented"

What the hell does that even mean?

One of the protestors was asking why one of the men didn't attend a feminist group or whatever to talk about mental health issues. Isn't feminism strictly for issues women deal with? Those protestors looked like complete fucking ignorant dipshits in that video. There was also nothing but blanket accusations with zero backing for those accusations, and that last part of the video kind of topped that off there when the woman was calling that guy fucking scum and a rape apologist because he attended a mens rights talk.

Fuck these people. They're like the Occupy Wall Street protestors after the movement became popular and flooded with wandering hipsters protesting because it made them feel good about themselves, but when presented with either opposition or the opportunity to talk they made themselves, and everyone else by association, look like idiots.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2014-04-20 at 07:12 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    This is what is wrong with feminism. Its gone past equal rights and equal pay and equal treatment. its become militant and counter productive and produces thoroughly unpleasant people like the woman in this video who seamingly has a disorder meaning she cant go 3 words without saying "fuck".

In the UK we have a radio program called womens hour, which is interesting. Most of the time its the usual inane daytime radio chatter, but now and then they get on women guests who are much like those in this video. They dont want equality, they dont want actual progress, they want to be victims because that means they can rail against men and feel justified hating them. One was asked if equal rights was the goal, and she actually said no....she wanted women to be hired over men, paid over men and for all men to be removed from positions of power.....and seamed to think that a reasonable position.

I am 100% behind equal rights, but these people are just as bad as the misogynistic male element who are persistently sexist.

Extremeists are never pleasant people, and never ever are part of the solution. The moderate middle, in its vast majority, is where the solution, and all rational debate, is located.

I find it confusing, have these women even been to one of these "men rights" talks and listened to what is being said and made an informed decision, or have they just heard "men's rights" and decided to say rape culture and go bat shit crazy because reasons.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    I find it confusing, have these women even been to one of these "men rights" talks and listened to what is being said and made an informed decision, or have they just heard "men's rights" and decided to say rape culture and go bat shit crazy because reasons.....
    All men are rapists in the eyes of some women, so the logic they use is that 'men's rights' is some attempt to fuck them over, both metaphorically and literally. If men don't have the right to attend a mens rights talk then they need mens rights groups all the more. The fact that it is protested like this shows why it's needed.

What many people don't get is that feminists like the ones we see here aren't interested in equality at all. They just want to hurt men. The person they were protesting was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6w1S8yrFz4, and you can see that a lot of what he talks about is the way that pro-female/anti-male social pressure is applied.

One of the first 'facts' he tackles is that women earn less than men in the workplace because of men being paid more. It's something that has been debunked a lot.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2014-04-20 at 07:20 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

the f word which appears to be her verbal bridge. The mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.
    John 14:6 6 Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
    太帅了

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    You can't deny that a lot of them try to exaggerate how often false rapes occurs etc. They're just perpetrating myths about it.
    How often do they occur though? You also have to remember false rape is not a crime that is punished severly, or even seen a crime, since prosecutors don't want to intimidate real rape being reported. In the end, you end up with the person claiming false rape getting absolutely nothing in punishment. Which is a problem MRA wants to do something about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Extremist Feminist & SJWs will never disappear will they?

These women sure are obsessed with rape. They need to seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    Extremist Feminist & SJWs will never disappear will they?

They will if we treat them as they should be treated: like lunatics.

Sadly, their crazy ideology is gaining ground. Just look at the whole #CancelColbert shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    This is what is wrong with feminism. Its gone past equal rights and equal pay and equal treatment. its become militant and counter productive and produces thoroughly unpleasant people like the woman in this video who seamingly has a disorder meaning she cant go 3 words without saying "fuck".

Extremeists are never pleasant people, and never ever are part of the solution. The moderate middle, in its vast majority, is where the solution, and all rational debate, is located.
    feminism isn't an extreme position. you're equating extremists with the whole movement and whole ideology.

when we talk rape I don't care who wins the, "it happens more to us" argument because it's not something that should be happening, period.
    I had this crazy hope that as we see gender and sexuality change, things like this would change too. I kind of really don't like females poo-pooing rape against males because it creates this homophobic/sexist impression, for me anyhow.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They will if we treat them as they should be treated: like lunatics.

Sadly, their crazy ideology is gaining ground. Just look at the whole #CancelColbert shit.
    Cancel Colbert was about conservatives being idiots, not feminists.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    feminism isn't an extreme position. you're equating extremists with the whole movement and whole ideology.

I support feminism.. as in, not the radical kind, but I'm not a feminist myself. More of an egalitarianist, or whatever you want to call it. In the end, even as someone who supports it, it would help if they actively distanced themselves from the extreme kind. Right now, they don't even try.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    when we talk rape I don't care who wins the, "it happens more to us" argument because it's not something that should be happening, period.
    I had this crazy hope that as we see gender and sexuality change, things like this would change too. I kind of really don't like females poo-pooing rape against males because it creates this homophobic/sexist impression, for me anyhow.

Indeed. Rape isn't a "it happens more to us. I win." deal. Everyone loses with rape. It's horrible and should not happen to anyone. Not males, not females, not transgenders, not anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Cancel Colbert was about conservatives being idiots, not feminists.
    nuh liberals are more likely to care about race, by caring I mean being PC. So, not a conservative thing with the twitter.

Extreme feminists are no better than any other religious extremist. They have no empathy and no understanding of their opponents views. They are like a bunch of bulls running towards a cliff.