Weird GPU fan issues

I have this problem with my graphics card, sometimes (not all the time) when I am not playing any games just on the desktop/web browser 1 of the 3 fans on my Gigabyte gtx 760 (gv-n7600oc-2gb-ae) will go full speed, sometimes it will last for ages sometimes it will last for a minute. It stops after opening a game like diablo 3 but will start again after closing the game for 5-10 minutes (sometimes it wont start again). It seems really random and can happen for a few days than be perfectly normal for a week.

I have tried controlling it manually but it doesn't make a difference though the other 2 fans will speed up if changed, the temperatures are also normal. I have also checked the cables on the gpu which seem all plugged in properly.

I have had the gpu for about 4 months and its been happening for maybe 2-3 months, is there anyway I can fix it or will I have to send it back and not have a graphics card for a month which will suck and it worries me that it wont act up since its so random when they test it and will just send it back. Would replacing the fan fix it? and how hard is that to do? Thanks for any input.

Deleted
    Does the gpu have high load when the fan goes fast? Might be a mining virus or etc etc.

Also might be worth trying to turn off gpu acceleration in flash player. Used to make my 280x clocks sit at full speed with fans running faster whenever watching youtube, stopped after turning off acceleration and gpu sits idle now on youtube.

It's usually at 0-10% usage even when the one fan is going nuts, temperatures don't change either they stay at 27-30 when on desktop and 50 or so when in a game and fan speed says its at 20% idle. I will try turning off acceleration in flash player thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trezesc View Post
    It's usually at 0-10% usage even when the one fan is going nuts, temperatures don't change either they stay at 27-30 when on desktop and 50 or so when in a game and fan speed says its at 20% idle. I will try turning off acceleration in flash player thanks.
    Are you using a program like MSI Afterburner to monitor GPU?
    PM me weird stuff :3

I am using MSI Afterburner. I have also tried the utility that came with the computer, speedfan and hwmonitor. I got them when the problem started happening and thought I could slow down the fan manually. I mainly just used them for when I was trying to figure out what was making the noise, which didn't help because nothing changes from idle to when the 1 fan goes crazy, rpm and everything stays the same.
    Last edited by trezesc; 2014-04-23 at 09:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trezesc View Post
    I am using MSI Afterburner. I have also tried the utility that came with the computer, speedfan and hwmonitor. I got them when the problem started happening and thought I could slow down the fan manually. I mainly just used them for when I was trying to figure out what was making the noise, which didn't help because nothing changes from idle to when the 1 fan goes crazy, rpm and everything stays the same.
    RPM stays the same? Maybe it just makes more noise instead of spinning faster? Meaning there could be issues with the fan.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Well there is 3 fans on the GPU they seem to be monitored as one fan (as far as I know) on software so i'm not sure which fan it uses to tell the rpm I can only assume its one of the 2 that are working fine. I think I will just have to send it back and hope they don't keep it for a month than send it back as is as I cant seem to reproduce it but I can stop it going crazy by opening a game. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by trezesc; 2014-04-23 at 10:59 AM.