Poll: Whats your opinion of this? and would you buy it?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[King's Assembly]: A New Peripheral

So I was browsing Kickstarter for awhile now, just out of pure curiosity at a variety of projects and I stumbled upon this invention.
    They have already far exceeded their funds and stretch goals, and it is still just a work in progress.
    I'm making this thread Because I'm curious what the Mmo-champion community thinks of this peripheral.

Full Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ull-of-awesome

Last edited by The_Butcher; 2014-06-02 at 02:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Meh, I don't like gamepads. Looks uncomfortable.

Looks like a fun gimmick. Not comfortable enough to actually use regularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently I'm using a nostromo gamepad, its comfortable, but doesn't have a real joystick :\
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncomfortable? It looks like a wrist annihilator. I got carpal tunnel just by looking at the pictures. I honestly am surprised it got so much backing. It looks ungainly, breaks from keyboard norms (which is not setting any trends any time soon), and will probably be silly expensive.

A good proof of concept. I applaud moving in new directions.. But I'd never buy or recommend it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Looks like a variant of a Nostromo, which I've been meaning to get for ages.

The trouble with peripherals is that there's no way to know if you truly like it unless you try it out.

Wait... is it on some kind of pivot or is there no way to rest your wrist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wait... is it on some kind of pivot or is there no way to rest your wrist?
    The first picture looks like its on a pivot axis, I could be wrong.

Deleted
    Old news really.

Looks really uncomfortable and awkward to use.

"thumbstick != joystick"

Demonstrating use with the PC/monitor off and the video is so scripted I can't stand listening to him.

It looks good for people that only have one hand. And people that want constant wrist-pain. And a massive gimmick.

It's kinda like the whole "survival simulator" game trend that is going on, it's a amazing idea but damn near impossible to get right.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks too uncomfortable, also it's like you have to move half the keyboard around, which should weigh quite a bit, I have G500 and I use it with no weights in and I still find it heavish after 12h+ of gametime.

A bit off topic, but don't people cut their nails? Especially when they are showing fingers in close ups in videos -_-'
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Looks too uncomfortable, also it's like you have to move half the keyboard around, which should weigh quite a bit, I have G500 and I use it with no weights in and I still find it heavish after 12h+ of gametime.

A bit off topic, but don't people cut their nails? Especially when they are showing fingers in close ups in videos -_-'
    Nah they use hand models not in this case obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Nah they use hand models not in this case obviously.
    Continuing off topic, until Chazus or someone else slaps us :P
    I noticed in TV shows, like one episode of Mythbusters, Adam had those vomit inducing long nails, is it considered 'girlish' to cut nails as a man in US?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Continuing off topic, until Chazus or someone else slaps us :P
    I noticed in TV shows, like one episode of Mythbusters, Adam had those vomit inducing long nails, is it considered 'girlish' to cut nails as a man in US?
    no, girlish is filing, sanding, and painting them pink or red

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    no, girlish is filing, sanding, and painting them pink or red
    So why don't males cut their nails?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks scary. What's the next stage after this? Electronic brain implants so you can control your computer without having to get out of bed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Looks scary. What's the next stage after this? Electronic brain implants so you can control your computer without having to get out of bed?
    Technology is getting more and more advanced in many ways, I won't be surprised if your fear becomes a reality.
    However its always at the consumers consent for what they choose to use.

The thing is... we won't stray from the keyboard and mouse anytime soon.

It's the same reason why Kinect and the PlayStation equivalent didn't appeal to actual gamers.

The main reason I don't like this idea is because I think it looks very uncomfortable. He talks about how moving your hands around in a burden. When you are in the middle of a "battle" in a game, you don't have to constantly take your hand off your mouse to type stuff.

Such as right now, my hand is off the mouse and I'm typing, because I don't need the mouse. It seems rather annoying having to have enough space to move these two giant robotic looking things around on my desk, let alone very uncomfortable.

Think about it; your mouse now can allow you to rest your wrist on the desk or mouse pad flat. With this contraption, you have to have your arms constantly elevated. I can't see this being even close to comfortable longer than 5 minutes at a time.

And what if I want to take a drink or a bite of my sandwich? I have to maneuver my hands out of this god awful "innovative" device to take 3 seconds to take a sip of water. Then if my character is sitting there (think MMO) and someone starts attacking. It's much easier to quickly respond with the mouse and keyboard than it would be to get my hands just properly in these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    That thing looks incredibly awkward and uncomfortable. I can't even imagine the carpal tunnel from using that monstrosity on a daily basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like a very uncomfortable chair when I first saw the screenshots.

8-Bit Music on background...Now I am interested!