Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is this game going to be successful?

Its been in alpha for over a month now, and there's almost no interest in it. On twitch it gets a few hundred viewers, while league gets 70k+ and dota2 gets 20k+. I wonder when the hype is going to start building if it all. Is it DoA?

Deleted
    Define "successful". Do also remember that your definition of successful may not be the same as Blizzard's definition of successful

Deleted
    This game is still in alpha. Whether it's going to be successful or not is pretty much impossible to know at this point.

i would expect low viewing numbers when there is no real competitive scene yet due to just how low the numbers in the alpha are, and half the people in imo have no idea what they are doing

The majority of people most likely are ignoring it at present. IMO the figures and buzz will jump once it hits beta.

It's F2P so its barrier to entry is literally 0, it has a huge fanbase of people to draw from (WoW D3 HS SC +Dota/LoL fans looking for something new), and Blizzard fanbois have already shown they'll pay ridiculous amounts of money for stupid crap they don't need (sparkle ponies). So will it be successful? All signs point to yes.

I think it will be successful. I don't think it will ever be as successful as Dota or League, but I think the main draw is that it is free and fun to play. Even though League has a relatively low barrier to entry, it's developed to the point where it is actually quite high, because of team levels/not having to last hit I think the barrier for entry will take a lot longer to rise, but who knows. It won't flop if that's considered being successful

Deleted
    It'll do alright I think, but I don't think it will be as big as other blizzard games.

I'm fairly certain that the game will become a bit more popular once people can actually access it and play it. Until then there's only speculation, and it's not many games which have active speculation communities (WoW and Smash Bros are the bigger ones off the top of my head.)

Deleted
    Yes. I know this because I'm a wizard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    This game is still in alpha. Whether it's going to be successful or not is pretty much impossible to know at this point.
    Except for us prophets on MMO Champion who can see the future.

Deleted
    I think it will have a big peak when it is released then fall into nothing ness when the players go back to familiar stuff like league or dota. Learning a new moba can be fun for a little bit but hard work if you want to be competitive

Judging interest in a game by the number of twitch viewers is idiotic, to put it bluntly.

The vast majority of gamers don't waste their time watching other people play games.

This game is going to be ridiculously huge. Why? Because HotS has the actual heroes that players want to play as.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    Define "successful". Do also remember that your definition of successful may not be the same as Blizzard's definition of successful
    This. However it's blizzard, of course it will be successful.

I have only played a few hours and probably have a combined 360 DAYS in dota2 + league + strife. I just keep feeling like something is missing in this game, and that kills in general are just really unrewarding. I want to feel more powerful, and YES I want the game to snowball if my team is completely dominating. But that doesn't happen in this game. Both teams are generally even, and you do not have control over that. Just my opinion and I hope blizzard is reading their forums and taking suggestions.

** Yes I know this is Alpha. Yes I know things will change.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2014-05-02 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already replaced LoL for me and it's in alpha. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I have only played a few hours and probably have a combined 360 DAYS in dota2 + league + strife. I just keep feeling like something is missing in this game, and that kills in general are just really unrewarding. I want to feel more powerful, and YES I want the game to snowball if my team is completely dominating. But that doesn't happen in this game. Both teams are generally even, and you do not have control over that. Just my opinion and I hope blizzard is reading their forums and taking suggestions.

This is really underwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account

I think that's the great about this game. You CAN catch up. Just because they're four levels ahead does not mean they will automatically win. Sure, it is an uphill battle but it actually makes winning worth it.

Deleted

seems like it is not the game for you and you should stick to DOTA2, League or Strife. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what you say, but that's not what the devs are aiming for apparently and I do not think they're going to change idea anytime soon.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2014-05-08 at 06:53 AM.

Deleted
    Whilst it was looking promising, I doubt it anymore. Its way too unbalanced for solo play. With the heavy objective focus games descend into rolfstomps by the more organised team, to the point where I woudl not even bother trying to solo queue.
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2014-05-12 at 01:12 PM.