Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Whilst it was looking promising, I doubt it anymore. Its way too unbalanced for solo play. With the heavy objective focus dames descend into rolfstomps by the more organised team, to the point where I woudl not even bother trying to solo queue.
    Since there is no individual gold/item choices the only things that impact the outcome of the match are positioning,team fights(coordination) and map objectives. All of them favor groups so much more over solo play. This is ignoring the hero aspect completely(ie a team of 5 choosing 5 heroes that match up together really well compared to random player's heroes of the week).

There is no doubt the game will be successful. Its a free game+ it has Blizzard's brand. Just not wildly successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Whilst it was looking promising, I doubt it anymore. Its way too unbalanced for solo play. With the heavy objective focus dames descend into rolfstomps by the more organised team, to the point where I woudl not even bother trying to solo queue.
    How is it any different than LoL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    How is it any different than LoL?
    a decent player can carry much more in LoL

ive had a rather good solo que win rate, some teams you get put on your going to lose even if you were vs bots you would lose with those people but most of the time if you talk to your group members it goes rather well

also if your decent playing a hard support who can help save teammates who over commit you can turn a lot of games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I have only played a few hours and probably have a combined 360 DAYS in dota2 + league + strife. I just keep feeling like something is missing in this game, and that kills in general are just really unrewarding. I want to feel more powerful, and YES I want the game to snowball if my team is completely dominating. But that doesn't happen in this game. Both teams are generally even, and you do not have control over that. Just my opinion and I hope blizzard is reading their forums and taking suggestions.

** Yes I know this is Alpha. Yes I know things will change.
    Similar time played here between Dota/2 and LoL. And the lack of snowballing is something I am being cautiously optimistic about. for example in Dota2, making a comeback is extremely hard (thus rewarding) and if your team is down a few kills it is near impossible to get them back, unless the other team gets cocky and over extends. This game has room to reward rethinking strategies on the fly, and good communication if handled correctly which is hard to not be excited over, even if slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    Similar time played here between Dota/2 and LoL. And the lack of snowballing is something I am being cautiously optimistic about. for example in Dota2, making a comeback is extremely hard (thus rewarding) and if your team is down a few kills it is near impossible to get them back, unless the other team gets cocky and over extends. This game has room to reward rethinking strategies on the fly, and good communication if handled correctly which is hard to not be excited over, even if slightly.
    Hmm, I feel like this game is way more snowbally thanks to objectives that can completely wreck the enemy team. Hitting level 10 and 20 first gives such a huge powerspike over your opponents it's kind of ridiculous.

In other mobas, you don't have to contest as much over objectives because they don't have as much of an impact early on, so you can farm/catchup/scale before you lose your base. In HOTS, the abundance of relatively powerful objectives on the map means that every minute you spend catching up results in losing out on something big, as long as the other team is being efficient.
    Last edited by Pennoyer; 2014-05-26 at 12:12 AM.

I think it will be successful personally, one of the very few things I see holding it back is that there's no plain maps. Every single one has some sort of mini-goal.

I get that it's what Blizzard wanted, but once in a while I'd like to play without worrying about those goals, they could add a mode where you can queue for the maps without the side goals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    Hmm, I feel like this game is way more snowbally thanks to objectives that can completely wreck the enemy team. Hitting level 10 and 20 first gives such a huge powerspike over your opponents it's kind of ridiculous.
    That is good to hear, that the objectives will be worth something. No hands on experience myself yet, just going on word of mouth really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    This game is going to be ridiculously huge. Why? Because HotS has the actual heroes that players want to play as.
    I don't know a single person out there who genuinely said, "I sure hope they bring Lili in the game" because she was a really stupid choice (She did't even do anything in MoP out of whining in quests).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It's still in Alpha so I think it's too soon to tell, but as of right now it lacks the depth of other MOBAs and gets pretty boring really fast. As another mentioned, the kills don't feel satisfying and it really hurts the experience in a game like this.

I wouldn't say HOTS is the worst game I've ever played, but it's definitely the worst MOBA. It's the most polished turd I've ever seen though, you can tell Blizzard is (as usual) pumping tons of money and time into making it look pretty and play smooth. I just wish it was fun.
    This. I like that it's a simpler Moba game, but it has a lot of issues (skill input lag, very broken characters). The gimmicks just aren't fun, and the UI is just fugly (have fun trying to heal as a support hero with the UI). The current alpha is very unstable because you'll get a lot of DC's, and a DC will ruin a team fight (hopefully each update will make it more playable).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    I don't know a single person out there who genuinely said, "I sure hope they bring Lili in the game" because she was a really stupid choice (She did't even do anything in MoP out of whining in quests).

- - - Updated - - -

This. I like that it's a simpler Moba game, but it has a lot of issues (skill input lag, very broken characters). The gimmicks just aren't fun for me, and the UI is just fugly (have fun trying to heal as a support hero with the UI). The current alpha is very unstable because you'll get a lot of DC's, and a DC will ruin a team fight (hopefully each update will make it more playable).
    fixed.

Anyway, Lili is an outlier, most of the current champions are pretty famous characters and they can still add more, so Rhamses point is perfectly valid and your rebuttal on that is, in all honesty, pretty weak.

Basically all you said is something that it will be ironed out during beta. Input lag I don't worry about because all Blizzard games are always very polished and extremely responsive so it is likely that any input lag will be gone at some point. Broken characters is normal at the moment, they have not added all the heroes they want so there's still a lot of tuning to e done.

The UI I agree, the last iteration is a bit better but there's still work to be done.

As for the unstable alpha I've never had a disconnection and I'm from Europe (and the servers are definitely not in EU) so can't comment on that.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2014-05-27 at 10:01 AM.

[QUOTE=Brazorf;27300053]fixed.

Anyway, Lili is an outlier, most of the current champions are pretty famous characters and they can still add more, so Rhamses point is perfectly valid and your rebuttal on that is, in all honesty, pretty weak.
    No, nobody liked Lili (not even WoW fans cared about Lili). If you're telling me a lot of people would use her over Sylvanas or some other popular Blizzard character that could have been a support like her, man are you delusional (Lili was probably easy to animate, since her model isn't that different from MoP's, I guess).

Basically all you said is something that it will be ironed out during beta. Input lag I don't worry about because all Blizzard games are always very polished and extremely responsive so it is likely that any input lag will be gone at some point. Broken characters is normal at the moment, they have not added all the heroes they want so there's still a lot of tuning to e done.

The UI I agree, the last iteration is a bit better but there's still work to be done.

As for the unstable alpha I've never had a disconnection and I'm from Europe (and the servers are definitely not in EU) so can't comment on that.
    When you play a map like the pirate one so many times, you'll get sick of the gimmick very quickly (the pirate map really sucks). I just wish there was a traditional map with just mercenaries, or you can choose the gimmick you want to play.

I know they'll iron out things like the UI and input, so I'm not worried about those too much. Gazlowe is frustrating to use due to input delay (not trying to pull of a Darksyde Phil argument here, but using W out of jungling sucks ass), and he has a lot of problems despite he's great at sieges. Murky needs a god damn nerf bat, as well as Nova (maybe I suck at fighting her at the moment, but she's a pest).

You must have some kind of godly connection because I haven't been in a match where someone dc'd and came back. The last one I had kicked me out of a match I couldn't return to, as I was prompted with a defeat screen with no stats.

It'll be a successful game, but it needs a lot of polish before release.
    Last edited by Orkwuzhere; 2014-05-28 at 12:48 AM.

Deleted
    No, nobody liked Lili (not even WoW fans cared about Lili). If you're telling me a lot of people would use her over Sylvanas or some other popular Blizzard character that could have been a support like her, man are you delusional (Lili was probably easy to animate, since her model isn't that different from MoP's, I guess).
    The argument is so easily destroyed by finding even a single person that likes Li Li. While I (or others) may not really care about the character people may like to play her for her gameplay. But overall I may even agree to a degree with your Li Li point if we look at it purle yon the "is this character a known one?" perspective. Problem is that was NOT my point, my issue was your answer to

This game is going to be ridiculously huge. Why? Because HotS has the actual heroes that players want to play as.
    and you expressed the thought

So my post was about your post in relation to that post. Now I do not know if you simply did not put enough thought before writing it, however I will point it out more explicitly: Even if what you say about LiLi is true what Rhamses say is and will remain true, the presence of an handful of characters you do not care about does not make the game NOT "have the actual heroes that players want to play as." Thrall will be there, Uther is there, and so on. just that.

If you do not like the "gimmick" maybe this is not the game for you, having map objectives other than the usual pushing lane stuff ,is clearly what Blizzard is going for, there are way more than enough games with the classic no mechanic map, DoTA 2, LoL, Strife, there's one coming with Superheroes jesus the market of MOBA is looking everyday more crowded like MMOs.

Ss obvious that Blizzard is not gonna go for such already overcrowded kind of gameplay even if it is a single map out of many if not only for a matter of consistence with the overall gameplay philosophy for the game.

Please note: I'm not saying that there's NO absolute merit to your point, but I want to point out that out of I dunno, 25 heroes, in order to try to make a point you picked up an outlier, there are very few heroes that are unknown characters in that bunch and even if the character itself may be unknown like Sgt Hammer or Brightwing, the Unit/creature they're based of are *very* well known
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2014-05-28 at 08:31 AM.

This game has only been out for a month or two where those games have been out for years. It would be extremely shocking if Heroes was able to generate as much of a following on twitch in such a short time as those two.

Not to mention there are fewer people in the alpha than their player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    If you do not like the "gimmick" maybe this is not the game for you, having map objectives other than the usual pushing lane stuff ,is clearly what Blizzard is going for, there are way more than enough games with the classic no mechanic map, DoTA 2, LoL, Strife, there's one coming with Superheroes jesus the market of MOBA is looking everyday more crowded like MMOs.
    Blackheart Bay is an awful map because if someone like Zeratul (or even Tassadar) can hog Blackheart for his team, you're not going to win the match unless you're on his team. The mine map would be okay if the damn Golem was worth it even if you're behind around mid/late game, but it's stupid that they don't reset the Raven tribute to 0 on the Raven map (why should the other team keep their tribute!?). I haven't been to the Dragon map out of a coop v. bot game, so I can't talk about it out of PvE.

They need to reset the coins/tribute/skulls for everybody after the gimmick is over. As of now, the gimmicks are really shitty MOBA versions of WoW BGs, but worse than the BGs (they really make or break the game).
    Last edited by Orkwuzhere; 2014-06-01 at 04:34 AM.

I think it looks cool. Lots of my friends find it cool.

Also, it looks different from other mobas and the characters have *years* of lore behind them so that's a +. In my opinion.

I did not have the chance to test it :/

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Blackheart Bay is an awful map because if someone like Zeratul (or even Tassadar) can hog Blackheart for his team, you're not going to win the match unless you're on his team. The mine map would be okay if the damn Golem was worth it even if you're behind around mid/late game, but it's stupid that they don't reset the Raven tribute to 0 on the Raven map (why should the other team keep their tribute!?). I haven't been to the Dragon map out of a coop v. bot game, so I can't talk about it out of PvE.

They need to reset the coins/tribute/skulls for everybody after the gimmick is over. As of now, the gimmicks are really shitty MOBA versions of WoW BGs, but worse than the BGs (they really make or break the game).
    What you're pointing out is a tuning issue, but that's a fair observation. If metrics and feedback will show what you say to the devs then it will get changed.

The fact that some heroes shine more on some maps that other is normal cause that's how the meta work, but not to say that if a hero is completely OP it will be toned down somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    The fact that some heroes shine more on some maps that other is normal cause that's how the meta work, but not to say that if a hero is completely OP it will be toned down somehow
    Regardless to the map, Tassadar can carry a bad team with a shield build, breaking buildings and using shields/Archon/stealth to get in and out of fights. Murky can carry any team with the suicide bomber build on any map. The Raven map really needs a tune up with the tribute system.

Deleted
    Regardless to the map, Tassadar can carry a bad team with a shield build, breaking buildings and using shields/Archon/stealth to get in and out of fights. Murky can carry any team with the suicide bomber build on any map. The Raven map really needs a tune up with the tribute system.
    Yup I agree, hence the second part of my statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    It is a Blizzard IP so I would bet it does well at least initially. I know I myself have no interest in it I played for about an hour and hated it. To be fair I hate LOL as well I just don't like the kind of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game will be successful. It won't overthrow DOTA abd LoL but it will force them to split the market. The game has a lot of good things going for it, one being that's its easier to have a quick casual game in HOTS. The meta game will be considerably different as theres no items or gold, which means no farming. Matches revolve around team fights and objectives, you can spend an entire match just trying to contest merc camps. Mounts and rotating maps keep everything at a good pace and there is aunique emphasis around champs who can demolish bases ie Murky and Sgt.