Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just because everything *could* be a conspiracy, it doesn't mean that everything *is* a conspiracy.

I don't think so. Blizzard doesn't have to, just like Apple doesn't have to rig reviews. Fandom is an interesting thing, but so is self destructive behaviour.

So you throw out a conspiracy theory because you disagree with an opinion.
    There is a problem with the community, but it is not astroturfing.
    It is arrogance, in that rather than arguing against an opinion you simply have to start insulting or accusing people of being paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't think so. Blizzard doesn't have to, just like Apple doesn't have to rig reviews. Fandom is an interesting thing, but so is self destructive behaviour.
    And the fanboy argument on this forum is another example which someone resorts to when failing to present any good argument.
    Many people have been called fanboys based on a single viewpoint they have.
    When to have any validity someone would need to examine their views on a wide variety of subjects, something which someone using the term has no intention of doing.

I have been called one, but they had no interest in my negative views on non-flying or the proving grounds requirement.
    Views which immediately render the accusation false.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-04-24 at 12:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Developers do post under different names though, and are probably extremely positive about certain things occasionally just to take pulse. I also suspect that Blizzard occasionally leaks stuff themselves under random names to see this community's reaction and feedback, like the WoD racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkwolfgang View Post
    Plot twist:

All MMO-C users are working for the same astroturfing company. Team A is being paid by Blizzard to defend it, Team B is being paid by other publishers to attack it.
    OK guys... who told?

Milk? I just need to talk to you for a moment in the meat lock... er I mean the storage room.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So you throw out a conspiracy theory because you disagree with an opinion.
    There is a problem with the community, but it is not astroturfing.
    It is arrogance, in that rather than arguing against an opinion you simply have to start insulting or accusing people of being paid off.

And the fanboy argument on this forum is another example which someone resorts to when failing to present any good argument.
    Many people have been called fanboys based on a single viewpoint they have.
    When to have any validity someone would need to examine their views on a wide variety of subjects, something which someone using the term has no intention of doing.

I have been called one, but they had no interest in my negative views on non-flying or the proving grounds requirement.
    I would consider myself a true fan of Blizzard GAMES, not the corporation. I very clearly see the greed and the toll that that greed takes on many games, with D3 being a prime example.

To me a fanboy is someone who can't distinguish between the business and fun side of Blizzard games, someone who will close their eyes and throw money at anything with a Blizzard logo on it and then beg for more. Someone who believes that if Blizzard makes more profit than they do now, their budgets will increase. That is who I call a fanboy, and that is the type of person that infests these forums obstructing constructive conversation that could only improve not only the game but our experience as costumers as well.

I don't care how other people define fanboyism, but there you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    You'd have had more people agreeing with the OP if he had asked wether other companies pay people to post negative opinions on this forum by use of multiple identities / forum accounts.

I've noticed a few occassions in which certain posters that constantly defend Blizzard type and react in an oddly similar manner to eachother.

The forum rules overall already skew things in favour of Blizzard on this board though. Infractions for posting misleading information? Heaven forbid someone might get to think something wrong about Blizzard, their product must be protected at all costs. It's as if MMO-C has taken it up to themselves to make sure that Blizzard products always get mostly put in a positive light and that no slander or libel against their products should ever happen.

A defender of Blizzard can just as much criticize other things. Honestly The Blizz fanboy is overblown except maybe one person. He's a bit toxic, got banned on the official forums.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    If you don't know what it means:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

"On the Internet, astroturfers use software to mask their identity. Sometimes one individual operates over many personas to give the impression of widespread support for their client's agenda.[1][2] Some studies suggest astroturfing can alter public viewpoints and create enough doubt to inhibit action.

Another technique is the use of sockpuppets, where a single person creates multiple identities online to give the appearance of grassroots support. Sockpuppets may post positive reviews about a product, attack participants that criticize the organization, or post negative reviews and comments about competitors, under fake identities.[12][23] Astroturfing businesses may pay staff based on the number of posts they make that are not flagged by moderators.[18] Persona management software may be used so that each paid poster can manage five to seventy convincing online personas without confusing them with one another."

Everyone knows MMO Champion is the number one site for WoW, and I wouldn't be surprised if it got more or just as much traffic as the main WoW site forums. It's very valuable to Blizzard that this website succeeds and get alot of traffic.

Recently there was a post about how prices are going up in the EU for faction changes, name changes, etc etc and I was surprised that people were defending it. Why would someone defend something and write out huge paragraphs over something that's blatantly an increase just to make money.

Basically, do you think Blizzard actually hires people in say... Asian or other countries to literally just sit on these forums/main WoW forums/Twitter/FB and defend them thru the thick and thin to make people think "Well, if these people are justifying increased costs, then screw it. Let it be".
    Absolutely. I would wager it happens a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbojonez View Post
    Just because everything *could* be a conspiracy, it doesn't mean that everything *is* a conspiracy.
    doesn't mean it isn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    doesn't mean it isn't either.
    You have to leave the possibility open for both. If you just constantly say anything challenging the status quo is tinfoil or bogus. Your a bit ignorant in my book.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    You have to leave the possibility open for both. If you just constantly say anything challenging the status quo is tinfoil or bogus. Your a bit ignorant in my book.
    i'm ignorant why exactly?

There is only one thread that I ever considered this for and that would be the Xbox One megathread. Anyone who read through it knows exactly who and what raised that suspicion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Why would someone defend something and write out huge paragraphs over something that's blatantly an increase just to make money.
    Welcome to the Internet, home of anonymous strangers, many who have emotional or mental disorders and an intense need to always be correct!

You must be new here. Take your time, relax, enjoy the sights. You'll get the hang of it soon enough.

i'm ignorant why exactly?
    No not you. Anyone who thinks that thinking outside of an idea is tinfoil mentality. You bet there's people doing what Op is talking about on many different levels, and there is people that would never even think about it.

I wouldn't put it past any company to do this, but it doesn't seem like Blizzard's style (but, again, not saying they wouldn't do it).

There have been times I've been certain there were paid anti-Blizzard posters, tho - but, yeah, I doubt most of Blizz's competitors would actually fork over cash to do that, considering even the most optimistic of them must realize the free word-of-mouth press that WoW has just for having been the biggest and most well-known game of its genre is going to drown out most attempts at social engineering.

A few things are more likely ... possibly, employees of given companies are, gasp, also just fans themselves, and post their earnest opinions. This cuts both ways. Also possible that when you see similar arguments against your position from a few different sources ... bear with me here ... there is a chance that multiple people independently came to the same conclusion.

I don't how likely any of these things are, but I'd wager that at least Blizz probably figures they have more to lose than to gain with astroturfing. If they got found out it'd be a bigger PR nightmare, whereas in the years I've been on MMO-C I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen someone admit that someone else's argument caused them to change their position on something.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    No not you. Anyone who thinks that thinking outside of an idea is tinfoil mentality. You bet there's people doing what Op is talking about on many different levels, and there is people that would never even think about it.
    oh i see, your wording confused me is all

Omg they are on to me, HIDE

Last edited by Spoonman; 2014-04-24 at 01:15 AM.

oh i see, your wording confused me is all
    I probably should've used a different word than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh man I love conspiracy stuff !!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkwolfgang View Post
    Plot twist:

All MMO-C users are working for the same astroturfing company. Team A is being paid by Blizzard to defend it, Team B is being paid by other publishers to attack it.
    I ain't getting paid for jack shit. Where can I sign up??