Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Paladins didn't have auras in warcraft 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    That sentence made no sense.
    Yes it did. I'm saying there needs to be some kind of gameplay that's interesting to Seals and Auras. Not my fault if you don't get it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So what you're saying is the Seals and Auras need their gameplay tightened up on level 3. Got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Stands around on my Shaman like a Beacon having 3 passive auras*

Deleted
    Auras were fine for four expansions, but suddenly they're 'boring' and 'uninteresting'?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Auras were just another form of raid buff and I just turned on what raid didn't have. Don't really miss it. Besides is was deleted 2 years ago and why are you complaining now?
    God forbid people wanting something that they miss...why are you complaining is the question.

Deleted
    I miss aura mastery with crusader aura.

Deleted
    they are removing everything. Traps and disarm not needed, CC in PVE useless, reducing stunlocks in pvp because players are upset,noone need to care about interrupting in pve,no more disarms etc.

so now when 90% or pvp and pve will be about dumb nuking and healing we won't need more than 5 buttons and there are more effective skills than auras atm.

I thought Auras were pretty neat, gave a lot of flavour for not much balancing cost.

Personally, their crusade on class defining abilities is starting to get a little out of hand - the homogenisation is becoming harder and harder to paint over.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I didn't know that Warcraft III was the first Warcraft game

Quote Originally Posted by Rilos View Post
    Paladins have always had auras since the time of arthus being a paladin. Removal was not warranted or needed. Perhaps the class was too good in raids, back when buffs were made raid wide. Why not reintroduce auras and give them the same properties as vanilla in WoD?
    Remove Paladins. Easiest and best fix IMHO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss having active selectable auras.
    Being a powerful paladin should mean you have the ability to affect your surroundings with holy light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There is button bloat there is no doubt about it. Some classes have it more then others.
    Like my Warrior.

Auras are indeed a staple of Blizzard's Paladins, I think, so I'd definitely like to see them return. Thing is, though, they need to be more pivotal to the Paladin himself; since Auras are weak by default (after all, if they're too powerful, they become mandatory), have them also give dramatically more powerful effects to the user, basically baking the "Seal" system into it. I think 3 different Auras is a nice number to play around with.

Also, personal opinion? Add a Minor Glyph that has the Aura "ping" at your feet at all times, just like ol' Uther the Lightbringer had in WC3.

Agreed. There was no reason to remove Paladin Aura's. It is an example of Blizzard removing things for the sake of it.

It doesn't matter how useful Aura's were. It was a theme of Paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    Game needs to evolve and change, cannot be absolutely beholden to "how things were" in WC3. Sorry mate.
    Wrong again, it's a Paladin Theme. They can still keep auras and you know make them interesting mechanics. Same thing with Seals.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wrong again, it's a Paladin Theme. They can still keep auras and you know make them interesting mechanics. Same thing with Seals.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Paladin

Everything I read about Auras says they are an ability, not a "theme". I would consider a theme something more like "Guy in platemail, riding a charger carrying a shield". If they removed your charger, or your shield, I could see it breaking some "theme", but removing an ability seems to be a new design thing these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Paladin

Everything I read about Auras says they are an ability, not a "theme". I would consider a theme something more like "Guy in platemail, riding a charger carrying a shield". If they removed your charger, or your shield, I could see it breaking some "theme", but removing an ability seems to be a new design thing these days.
    Paladins in D2 also have Auras. It was more a universal theme of "Blizzard Paladins". In any case, the "theme" of Paladins is that they are leaders, inspiring their allies to overcome odds, and Auras were the in-game reflection of that. They were always the "subpar character that is amazing in a group", and while many players didn't like that style, it was certainly unique.

Blizzard really got carried away with homogenizing everyone, and I'm not entirely convinced they've learned their lesson, but hopefully they'll consider re-implementing unique Class mechanics again. Personally, I think "Holy Power" has been kind of a wash, though I respect them for trying something new, and the concept is certainly nice; I think Pallies are just in a very rough place right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Paladins in D2 also have Auras. It was more a universal theme of "Blizzard Paladins". In any case, the "theme" of Paladins is that they are leaders, inspiring their allies to overcome odds, and Auras were the in-game reflection of that. They were always the "subpar character that is amazing in a group", and while many players didn't like that style, it was certainly unique.

Blizzard really got carried away with homogenizing everyone, and I'm not entirely convinced they've learned their lesson, but hopefully they'll consider re-implementing unique Class mechanics again. Personally, I think "Holy Power" has been kind of a wash, though I respect them for trying something new, and the concept is certainly nice; I think Pallies are just in a very rough place right now.
    Well, they will still have a minor glyph that makes their pony glow.

Deleted
    A lot of things that made the classes fun and unique is being removed and already has. It's sad, really.

Even silly spells like Eye of the Best and Sentry Totem was just fun to have, and make your class special.

I guess those times are over.