Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellondra View Post
    I'm a bit sad at the loss of blood boil, it had a nice animation which pestilence lacked and really fit with the blood dk. Plus it was useable without needing a target which every so often was a nice QOL thing.
    I think this is typically the kind of thing that Blizzard may look at in a possible rework of pestilence, so that the anim/ quality of life component would come back.

Also, I agree that the need for a target makes it a little less fluid to use.

15+ Year Old Account
    Death Coil applies Frost Fever/Blood Plague. That's combining Rune Strike, Outbreak and Death Coil all into one, removing two extra buttons from my bars and freeing up a glyph slot.

Blood Boil, Pestilence and Blood Roil being rolled into one frees up two buttons on my bars and a talent.

I'm losing excess button pressing. It's not decreasing the skill required - it's reducing redundancy.

How anyone could complain about this is baffling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    Death Coil applies Frost Fever/Blood Plague. That's combining Rune Strike, Outbreak and Death Coil all into one, removing two extra buttons from my bars and freeing up a glyph slot.

Blood Boil, Pestilence and Blood Roil being rolled into one frees up two buttons on my bars and a talent.

I'm losing excess button pressing. It's not decreasing the skill required - it's reducing redundancy.

How anyone could complain about this is baffling to me.

Some people don't like the idea that diseases become a passive and not-in-any-way engaging part of the rotation.

Overall I like these changes if they make the following modifications.

Pestilence must work like blood boil w/ roiling blood currently works with the 10 yard non-target AoE damage/disease spreading. If Pestilence keeps the target and melee range restrictions we are going to be royally screwed for situations that require snap AoE add pickup (think Heroic Thok and Tortos bats). Also, for Tortos like fights where the boss/primary target can't be dragged around to chain pestilence for AoE pickup, we now have to single target an add for diseases and then hope by the time you get in melee range to use pestilence that the other 15 adds that spawned with it haven't already pealed off on to healers out of range of your pestilence.

Blood DK Death Coil must be immune to silencing effects in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Some people don't like the idea that diseases become a passive and not-in-any-way engaging part of the rotation.
    they were so active that you used 1 button for refreshing without thinking..

Overall I like the direction of where things are going. I'm still "concerned" about how they will make the active mitigation part work for us. I think their definition of active mitigation is about making interesting choices about how to spend you power (rage, energy), so where is the "choice", unless its going to be shield + heal from DS vs. shield (wall?) via death coil? I'm just not seeing the tie-in, maybe someone can enlighten me...?

Blood parasites being removed makes me sad... I like it when we summon stuff from the ground, like last tier dps set - pure awesome. What really makes me sad is that now we will never get the "original" blood boil animation back - THAT WAS ICONIC!

i get condensing bloat, but pestilence is just a shittier version of blood boil/roiling blood.. (pbaoe -> targeted melee ability)

thx blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I'm really torn on the Rune Strike change. This is a buff since it's ranged but I'm kind of annoyed by the idea of standing there casting spells with my bare hands when a monster the size of a school bus is swinging at me.
    But you don't cast with your bare hands, it's on the 1H attack animation. If anything, in melee it will change up our attack animations, which is a +1 for me

Deleted
    I'll just miss Blood Boil's 'fumping sound mostly, and the blast waves, felt like something obnoxious enough to get the enemy's attention. Also Blood Boil was red, Pestilence's visual/audio just doesn't compete, it feels extremely peaceful. I actually hope Blood Boil replaces Pestilence.

If Death Coil stays, that just maintains Lichborne's supremacy as my talent choice. With Death Coil gone, it actually felt like LB competed with Purgatory. Never really pulled aggro off with Death Coil alone, but Rune Strike hit harder. Damage differences are one thing I want to see. DeathCoil so far really was more of a "Use it to self-heal when popping Lichborne" thing. Not too excited about Death Coil if the damage will be half of Rune Strike.

In the theme of talent competition, I hope Zone really gets to feel more powerful though. 20% mitigation, even if AoE, for such a short duration doesn't feel like a game-changer the way LB and Purgatory do, especially seeing its long cooldown and low area.
    It might save nobody's life with so little magnitude. It should feel like it could save you from a nuclear blast wave if you're inside, like in that quest with Koltira x3

Worms were random and lame, healing popping when I'm topped, could as well not burst when I'm about to die. They were really unreliable most of times, not something I ever counted on to survive. Good riddance I say.

Does anyone actually consider using blood boil once to refresh all the AoE dots to be engaging gameplay?

The only thing I will miss is the satisfying "SHOOMF" of a Blood Boil blasting everyone, but if pestilence can do that I'll be OK.
    You just lost The Game

Grabbing aggro from ranged sooner than every 30 seconds will be nice especially if Death Coil is gonna generate an absorption shield, Hello Blood PVP AGAIN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Great changes imo.

Rolling blood needed to go baseline, glad it has.

Parasites always have been awkward, hitting what they shouldn't , overhealing, & getting us MCed soloing. Always preferred mark of blood over these, hope we get it back one day.

Coil I am happy about, it always has been a good way to get an aggro tap on adds running past me, plus its just iconic.
    If they made pestilence part of blood boil, we'd all cheer? It's the same, as far I can see?
    Blood worms, I'm sure they help, but I never notice them, I'd miss them if they used to actually leech onto something, that'd be great.
    Death coil and rune strike.. Rune strike is nice, but with all our magic, coil does suit more, otherwise we're just using enchanted strikes.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    i get condensing bloat, but pestilence is just a shittier version of blood boil/roiling blood.. (pbaoe -> targeted melee ability)
    This is my primary grievance. BB does not require a target to cast. Pestilence requires a target and a distance to that target to cast.

I'm more than fine with the consolidation; I just wish they had done the merger in the reverse fashion.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

I'm glad we're going back to using death coil as blood.

I wish they'd removed both blood boil and pestilence and made rolling blood an ability instead, best of both worlds flavorwise.

I will admit, on second look, it's not that bad. but Pestilence will need a new graphic, right now it's to difficult to see what got hit by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    I will admit, on second look, it's not that bad. but Pestilence will need a new graphic, right now it's to difficult to see what got hit by it.
    I think when a disease is applied it should show it graphically like a spray of frost and a spray of reddish purple for plague. That would be a far greater indication.

Deleted
    Finally, i can use iconic Death Knight abilities as Blood.

Death Coil, Army, Death Pact, are thematic abilities. I am elated to use them together again.

Blood Boil is now merged with Pestilence, it will do damage as Blood Boil did.

I would like Mark of Blood to come back though, reworked. Was a fun ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mornmagor View Post
    Finally, i can use iconic Death Knight abilities as Blood.

Death Coil, Army, Death Pact, are thematic abilities. I am elated to use them together again.

Blood Boil is now merged with Pestilence, it will do damage as Blood Boil did.

I would like Mark of Blood to come back though, reworked. Was a fun ability.
    As much as I love Death Pact, as a Blood DK Conversion gives way more consistent health gains and I could never come to choose it as a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    they were so active that you used 1 button for refreshing without thinking..
    Really? would you be saying the same if they say took thunder clap off warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Minetor View Post
    Really? would you be saying the same if they say took thunder clap off warriors.
    Ya its actually less work because it increases dmg by 50% AND applies deep wounds on all targets and costs nothing to cast. Whereas we had to apply then spread it via rolling blood or pestilence.