Thread: So basically...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's pretty much it. It's pretty fun though, not the same mobs over and over again very random. Too random :P i love it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    What's the other faction? Diabloids sounds interesting though.

Ignore that post. I can't say why for it risks an infraction......

It is likely a poor user experience to approach the ARPG genre with Diablo 3 as one's first such game and be in ignorance of the genre itself.

I believe this is rather common to D3 too. Given the cross promotion and mass market appeal of World of Warcraft and whatnot. Similarity during the original D3 launch many "annual pass" participants in Diablo 3 were by turns unworthy, unknowing or unaware of the acuity of the franchise and genre as a whole.

Understandably, that can read as base elitism. Though I am not totally against elitism in a certain context. So I am fine with the personal observation as above.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It is likely a poor user experience to approach the ARPG genre with Diablo 3 as one's first such game and be in ignorance of the genre itself.

I believe this is rather common to D3 too. Given the cross promotion and mass market appeal of World of Warcraft and whatnot. Similarity during the original D3 launch many "annual pass" participants in Diablo 3 were by turns unworthy, unknowing or unaware of the acuity of the franchise and genre as a whole.

Understandably, that can read as base elitism. Though I am not totally against elitism in a certain context. So I am fine with the personal observation as above.
    It comes down to potential imo. When a player starts a game you really don't know if they could be amazing, or terrible, because they are still new at it. Though you have to give them the benefit of the doubt imo. In time most likely they will learn to be good. So should you be snarky at newbies? Maybe a tiny bit to give them some drive, but also some help and a welcome attitude wouldn't be bad either.

It comes down to potential imo. When a player starts a game you really don't know if they could be amazing, or terrible, because they are still new at it. Though you have to give them the benefit of the doubt imo. In time most likely they will learn to be good. So should you be snarky at newbies? Maybe a tiny bit to give them some drive, but also some help and a welcome attitude wouldn't be bad either.
    What are you talking about? What does "being good" or having potential have to do with my post as quoted?

Also I am unsure who exactly you are addressing. Are you talking to me; or is that "you" in the royal sense?

I've avoided all the lame farming low difficulty for efficiency stuff, and most of the cheesy methods of farming for the sake of farming.. Instead I focussed on getting my character to the point where I can play Torment 6, for the fun of it. Progressing steadily through each difficulty. I've tended to push well ahead of the super farmers in my clan, perhaps due to just being lucky with the drops that I have had, but also probably because I've progressed whenever possible and adjusted my playstyle, class spec and gearing around progression, where they stay in the same low difficulty farming situation... And it seems the norm among a lot of people that if you're not 1shotting everything and clearing rifts by just opening them then you're doing it wrong. I think they are all crazy personally, it's no wonder most of them can't hack it above T3 when they are so used to just 1shotting everything whilst standing in everything.

I've actually not been playing for a while properly, so no doubt I will fall behind. But honestly there is not much left to do in the game after a while... you play it until you get bored, I'm glad I did that pushing to challenge myself rather than boring myself to death doing all the popular stuff you find in public games.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-04-25 at 12:53 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

What are you talking about? What does "being good" or having potential have to do with my post as quoted?

Also I am unsure who exactly you are addressing. Are you talking to me; or is that "you" in the royal sense?
    It was in response to the elitism comment you made, and yes "you" in a royal sense is what I meant. I for some reason I always confuse people like that.

It was in response to the elitism comment you made, and yes "you" in a royal sense is what I meant. I for some reason I always confuse people like that.
    No I said it could be read as elitism. Not that it is outright, but that in a certain context elitism can be understandable. As I was talking about the mass market, natch.

Also that still has nothing to do with being good or potential. That just has no relevance to my post.XD

No I said it could be read as elitism. Not that it is outright, but that in a certain context elitism can be understandable. As I was talking about the mass market, natch.

Also that still has nothing to do with being good or potential. That just has no relevance to my post.XD
    Yea I understood that. I just personally think elitist forget that simple fact. That they themselves were a terrible noob too. Maybe it wasn't directly related to what you posted but a side of the subject you mentioned?

Deleted
    I guess I didn't even know arpg's existed. Well now I know. I have a lvl 20 barbarian and now I have to figure out if I want to continue playing or not.
    It would have taken you all of ten minutes to delve into the heart and soul of Diablo and it's clones, to know exactly what they're about, what the "end game" is, what the purpose of the game is, and so on, and figure out whether they're a game for you. You could have done all of this before you bought the game.

For diving head first into unknown waters, then hitting your head on a rock, you've really only got yourself to blame. Point being, creating a thread to whine about how this type of game is "bland" and whatnot is nothing short of petty and pointless.

I do realize that, but wow is different. You raid or pvp to get what you want. Which is fun imo. If it involved killing mobs as fast as possible I'd get bored quick.
    Diablo 3 is an ARPG
    WoW is an MMORPG

what is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It would have taken you all of ten minutes to delve into the heart and soul of Diablo and it's clones, to know exactly what they're about, what the "end game" is, what the purpose of the game is, and so on, and figure out whether they're a game for you. You could have done all of this before you bought the game.

For diving head first into unknown waters, then hitting your head on a rock, you've really only got yourself to blame. Point being, creating a thread to whine about how this type of game is "bland" and whatnot is nothing short of petty and pointless.
    I got the game with the wow annual pass. Didn't really think much of it at first and now I'm trying it. Your tone is as if I've already made a mistake before you've even read through the thread. There's no issue here. I'm just learning about the game. Is the grinding getting to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Diablo 3 is an ARPG
    WoW is an MMORPG

what is your point?
    I guess my point is they are both rpg's, and I enjoy wow's better because of interesting end game. I didn't realize diablo was so grindy and don't think that's much fun. I mean I saw a streamer today farming the same spot all day holding one button. I'm assuming to be caught up these are things you have to do.

Deleted
    I got the game with the wow annual pass. Didn't really think much of it at first and now I'm trying it. Your tone is as if I've already made a mistake before you've even read through the thread. There's no issue here. I'm just learning about the game. Is the grinding getting to you?
    I did read through the thread. You did make a mistake. The issue, and also your mistake here is that this thread is pointless whine which you could've prevented by taking a few minutes to know what you're getting yourself into. Not to mention this game is two years old, so if you really got the game with the Annual Pass, you've got plenty of opportunities to educate yourself. And no. Making a thread where you cry how "this game is bland" isn't learning about the game.

Also, I've been grinding in Diablo since 1997, so trust me when I tell you, it's definitely not getting to me.

I guess my point is they are both rpg's
    Diablo and WoW are two completely different and separate genres and game types. Comparing the two is like comparing pole vaulting and ice hockey. Sure, both Diablo and WoW are computer games. That's the end of the similarities.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-04-25 at 06:43 AM.

I guess my point is they are both rpg's, and I enjoy wow's better because of interesting end game. I didn't realize diablo was so grindy and don't think that's much fun. I mean I saw a streamer today farming the same spot all day holding one button. I'm assuming to be caught up these are things you have to do.
    They're both RPG's, sort of, but one is far less involving by design, and that should be kept in mind. You can treat Diablo as some massive grind, despite the fact that you will have seen pretty much all there is to see in pretty short order. Or you can take it for what it is, and simply play on an infrequent basis every now and then when you want to smash some baddies.

And that's the strength of titles like this, IMO.. they're the digital version of riding a bicycle. Unless a significant patch comes along, you can play this game once every 6 months, get your fix, and then just go do other things once you get bored. I honestly don't know how folks hammer away at this game for 8-10 hours at a clip for days at a time.

I did read through the thread. You did make a mistake. The issue, and also your mistake here is that this thread is pointless whine which you could've prevented by taking a few minutes to know what you're getting yourself into. Not to mention this game is two years old, so if you really got the game with the Annual Pass, you've got plenty of opportunities to educate yourself. And no. Making a thread where you cry how "this game is bland" isn't learning about the game.

Also, I've been grinding in Diablo since 1997, so trust me when I tell you, it's definitely not getting to me.

Diablo and WoW are two completely different and separate genres and game types. Comparing the two is like comparing pole vaulting and ice hockey. Sure, both Diablo and WoW are computer games. That's the end of the similarities.
    Dude just go elsewhere if you can't handle questions. That's part of what a board is for. I didn't cry once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    They're both RPG's, sort of, but one is far less involving by design, and that should be kept in mind. You can treat Diablo as some massive grind, despite the fact that you will have seen pretty much all there is to see in pretty short order. Or you can take it for what it is, and simply play on an infrequent basis every now and then when you want to smash some baddies.

And that's the strength of titles like this, IMO.. they're the digital version of riding a bicycle. Unless a significant patch comes along, you can play this game once every 6 months, get your fix, and then just go do other things once you get bored. I honestly don't know how folks hammer away at this game for 8-10 hours at a clip for days at a time.
    My question is though why do I keep hearing this caught up term? It's making me think if you take your foot of the grinding pedal you'll lose out.

Deleted
    Dude just go elsewhere if you can't handle questions.
    Questions are fine, if they're warranted. The only thing you asked about was something you could find out in a few minutes of watching videos on Youtube, reading a couple articles on Wikipedia and doing a couple searches for additional information. And, even if your question didn't warrant a thread to be made, had you asked it in a manner that didn't read "this game sucks" but were actually interested in getting an answer, there wouldn't been a problem.

When you come to the Diablo 3 forums, making threads with (not so much) veiled statements about how the game sucks, then I'm sure people like me are going to tell you to piss off with your bitching.

I didn't cry once.
    The following is nothing but.

that pretty bland imo. Sounds like running wow dungeons over and over.

Questions are fine, if they're warranted. The only thing you asked about was something you could find out in a few minutes of watching videos on Youtube, reading a couple articles on Wikipedia and doing a couple searches for additional information. And, even if your question didn't warrant a thread to be made, had you asked it in a manner that didn't read "this game sucks" but were actually interested in getting an answer, there wouldn't been a problem.

When you come to the Diablo 3 forums, making threads with (not so much) veiled statements about how the game sucks, then I'm sure people like me are going to tell you to piss off with your bitching.

The following is nothing but.
    That's not crying lol. That's called an opinion. I haven't even grinded why would I have the need to complain. Guy your grasping straws here, and obviously mad. I'm asking you politely to leave or I'll just have to ignore.

Deleted
    That's not crying lol. That's called an opinion. I haven't even grinded why would I have the need to complain. Guy your grasping straws here, and obviously mad. I'm asking you politely to leave or I'll just have to ignore.
    Yeah, the ignore function is a nice thing, indeed. Although, it becomes 10x better when you combine it with some custom CSS to hide the entire element of the ignored person's post so you don't even see that there's someone being ignored, and when you add some smart, custom jQuery to hide entire threads started by ignored people. It's like they never even existed.

I find WoW to be more grindy & bland than Diablo 3 is.

I don't really understand your thread, different people will have different opinions on what feels fun and what feels bland.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's making me think if you take your foot of the grinding pedal you'll lose out.
    This is only true in ladder play. You are playing on your own time on your own terms. What you make of that can only be blamed on yourself.
    BAD WOLF