Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    He admitted to wholly irrational behavior if he was acting in self-defense--approaching this person that "might have a gun," rather than just shooting her from afar--and using excessive force. These are the words out of the guy's mouth. What the fuck is plausible about this all being self-defense?
    I don't know. People do irrational things when they're afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Making stuff up does not help your argument.
    Yeah it's all made up. That's why his own security system recorded it and the tape was presented at trial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    And this is a lie.

He was angry, he shot them without being threatened [SIZE=1](other than the break in) =.
    I hope you realize that the break in = the threat. He was completely within the law for shooting intruders. Whether he actually executed them or not is what the trial is about.

Making stuff up does not help your argument.
    He then shot her several times in the chest with a .22-caliber revolver, dragged her next to her cousin, and with as she gasped for air, fired a shot under her chin 'up into the cranium'.

Well this explains why you think it was self defense, just don't have a damn clue what actually happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you realize that the break in = the threat. He was completely within the law for shooting intruders. Whether he actually executed them or not is what the trial is about.
    The fact he executed them is part of the trial.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Whether he actually executed them or not is what the trial is about.
    This isn't up for debate. The only argument here is whether it was justified.

Within rights =/= Right choice

Based on his state of mind, the first shots fired were likely not necessary and merely a product of his spite, and now two kids are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yeah it's all made up. That's why his own security system recorded it and the tape was presented at trial.
    Source it.

Source it.
    http://www.startribune.com/local/256850851.html

Wells' quote is directly from the audio tape. Byron Smith is a murderer.

10+ Year Old Account
    And to be clear, it's this shit I hate about guns. I don't care about guns per se, but I can't stand American gun culture. There are just a bunch of people (not all gun owners) whose heads would literally explode or something if they ever admitted that a gun owner actually made a mistake in the use of his or her firearm.
    Pride......
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Source it.
    Source your entire stupid argument. You seem to claim so much about what happens to people when they get shot. Have you actually ever seen what happens to someone when they get shot? I have, more than i would like to share. People don't just " get up and start shooting ". Seriously, your entire fallacy argument is just stupidity. Stop basing your fucking point of views on movies like Zombieland.

Deleted
    And to be clear, it's this shit I hate about guns. I don't care about guns per se, but I can't stand American gun culture. There are just a bunch of people (not all gun owners) whose heads would literally explode or something if they ever admitted that a gun owner actually made a mistake in the use of his or her firearm.
    And to be clear, it's this shit I hate about gun-grabbers. I don't care about gun grabbers per se, but I can't stand American gun grabber culture.. There are just a bunch of people (not all gun grabbers) whose head would literally explode or something if they ever admitted that a gun owner actually used their gun to protect themselves.

No one was talking about the second amendment, gun culture, ect ect, until you decided to talk about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    http://www.startribune.com/local/256850851.html

Wells' quote is directly from the audio tape. Byron Smith is a murderer.
    I'm not going to lie, that is some pretty damning evidence right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they weren't black. Maybe he'll get convicted.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

In 1997, Larry Harris of Illinois broke into a bar owned by Jessie Ingram. Ingram, the victim of several break-ins, had recently set a trap around his windows to deter potential burglars. Harris, 37, who was under the influence of both alcohol and drugs, must have missed the warning sign prominently displayed in the window. He set off the trap as he entered the window, electrocuting himself. The police refused to file murder charges. Harris's family saw it differently, however, and filed a civil suit against Ingram. A jury originally awarded the Harris family $150,000. Later, the award was reduced to $75,000 when it was decided Harris should share at least half of the blame.

http://www.legalzoom.com/lawsuits-se...olous-lawsuits

Not the invader, but his family, if you think this is a credible source (I don't care enough to look further).
    Interesting, the civil suit was based upon wrongful death. Harris was also cited with building code violations (possibly due to the "electrical bar" he installed?). The bar owners and the building owners were put on the hook for it as well ($60k and $15k respectively).

Too bad I'm not a "gun grabber." My support for gun control is pretty much limited to registration, background checks, and not allowing violent felons to own them.
    So pretty much you hate freedom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Source your entire stupid argument. You seem to claim so much about what happens to people when they get shot. Have you actually ever seen what happens to someone when they get shot? I have, more than i would like to share. People don't just " get up and start shooting ". Seriously, your entire fallacy argument is just stupidity. Stop basing your fucking point of views on movies like Zombieland.
    Depending on where you get shot, yeah you might be able to shoot back if you have a gun.

Depending on where you get shot, yeah you might be able to shoot back if you have a gun.
    17 year old girl shot multiple times to the torso ain't shooting anyone.

Deleted
    Too bad I'm not a "gun grabber." My support for gun control is pretty much limited to registration, background checks, and not allowing violent felons to own them.
    So basically the definition of a gun grabber. kk.

Obviously I didn't do an exhaustive search, but the other references I could find to burglars suing the homeowner were either thrown out in a hurry or were just discussions of that one particular urban myth of the guy who broke in, broke his leg, sued, and won. The one I linked may actually be the only one.
    Yea, I'm trying to look into the case more because there was no information about an appeal, which was mentioned in another article.

So basically the definition of a gun grabber. kk.
    This shit writes itself.