Need help building first computer!

For a while now, I've been thinking about building a computer from the ground up. In the past I have just replaced parts as I needed, but am really interested in actually going the whole nine yards with this build. I've got a tentative list of parts that I'm looking at, and thought this would be the best place to go to get opinions on them. I've got a budget of ~$1000, and I'd prefer to keep it around there, so if you see any parts that are vastly outclassed by something of a similar price, feel free to let me know. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!

Parts:
    Case: NZXT Source 210
    CPU: Intel I5-4670k
    Heatsink: Cooler Master TPC 812
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    GFX Card: Gigabyte R9 270X
    Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
    SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB
    DVD: Pretty obsolete, though they run ~$25

10+ Year Old Account
    The build itself looks pretty solid. I'm not familiar with that particular heatsink, so I can't say if its good or bad.

If you made that list from pcpartpicker, it would help for the link. Also, I'd probably recommend getting a WD 1tB Blue EZEX. No need for the black.

Also, moving this to the build/upgrade subforum
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Change the Blackf ro the blue and get the Source 210 Elite or the Source 220 case. Heatsink is fine, though I'd think about the Hyper 212 EVO or Plus.