Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ghosts and goblins troll the night... 3 edgy 5 me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    To be honest, I quite like being able to see where I'm going.
    Just wondering as you seem to be in favor of this change, you couldn't see where you were going on the before (left) pictures?

Last edited by mmocb9db9223dd; 2014-04-30 at 04:25 PM.

Because having an option to toggle on "darker nights" is a TIME CONSUMING MIND NUMBING PAIN STAKING IDEA TO IMPLEMENT

Because blizzard chose that the ingame day/wannabe-night cycle is based on real time. Now they realized that alot of players would, because of this dumb descision, only play during the night, which caused blizzard to crap their pants and turn the gamma slider for "night time" to maximum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycki View Post
    Just wondering as you seem to be in favor of this change, you couldn't see where you were going on the before (left) pictures?

Jesus those on the right look horrible. As in, the look like the game's shader system isn't properly finished.

How did anyone at Blizzard think this was an improvement?

And were there genuine morons running into walls in Stormwind because they couldn't see where they were going? I can't help but think that the solution to not everyone being able to see the day time would be to half the day/night rotation time, not get rid of the nighttime entirely!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Why did they do this?

They don't need to make it frigging pitch black and require lanterns or anything.. but really.. it's pretty lame. Something that's bothered me for the past 9 1/2 years with this game.
    It was dark, back when the sun and moon were on our map. When you could see eyes in the trees, and before they first took glow effects off most weapons that had them in the way the reflected. The first big change was in BC.

They had several excuses back then ranging from rogues to quest difficulties that are no longer valid.

It changed a couple more times after that, so now we have day always.

The original Glades event in the dark, old wickerman lighting up the night sky (seeing only shadows of people running everywhere around him) on an old Voodoo card in OpenGl was far better than now.

Playing ESO in the dark reminds me of the ambiance WoW once had at night.

something to do with shadows. and people bitching about it being too dark

People sitting around a campfire would actually glow from it

- - - Updated - - -

The real reason may have been because the largest change also changed the way we save screenshots. In the new format at that time was the code that is in the screenshot that tells them who the account belonged to. The screenshot code could not be read as easily on a dark screen. LoL

Most WoW players did not know about this, even back then when it changed.

Ah, this is one of those fabricated non-issues that people start harping on about because they've read it somewhere.

if some people are always playing at night.. make the day night cycle last a few hours... problem solved. Where does it look better in Draenor? I don't see what you speak of.
    Last edited by Optional; 2014-04-30 at 04:54 PM.

Call me silly, but this is gamebreaking for me. Really disappointed over this change, and I don't even know why it happened in the first place.

Are they even working on a fix, or do they just not care? It's been like this for years.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Ah, this is one of those fabricated non-issues that people start harping on about because they've read it somewhere.

LoL, yeah because new players never seen what it once was. Like the druid spot in old Stormwind at night. Reasons paths have lamps and torches around them. LoL

I'm going to have to agree with OP. When I use my Blizzard or Rain stone, it is very obvious. When I use my Sunset stone... absolutely no change. Whether it is bright daylight or nightime - there is not a single change to "sunset" time in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't play this game if i can't see what i'm doing. The in game rain is bad enough. I mostly play at night time too, so i'm not interested in darker nights at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    if some people are always playing at night.. make the day night cycle last a few hours... problem solved. Where does it look better in Draenor? I don't see what you speak of.
    Or make the night cycle last a couple hours. If the coded screenshots are still in as I said above, that may be why it's still broken.

The brightness of night-time was NOT a response to people complaining for any reason. It is the result of a technical issue with Cataclysm's zone lighting changes coupled with WotLK's improved shadow effects.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I won't play this game if i can't see what i'm doing. The in game rain is bad enough. I mostly play at night time too, so i'm not interested in darker nights at all.
    It was not completely dark, things were illuminated with things around them. Thats why the lamps, torches, and other things like them are where they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    The brightness of night-time was NOT a response to people complaining for any reason. It is the result of a technical issue with Cataclysm's zone lighting changes coupled with WotLK's improved shadow effects.
    That was not the first change, as stated above.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to find my old pics of Wickerman as Alliance swimming over.

Anyone have vanilla pics at night they can share?

I also remember we could see fireworks over Stormwind from far out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Playing WoW pre-Cata would most likely have rendered you catatonic.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Playing WoW pre-Cata would most likely have rendered you catatonic.
    I played wow pre cata and pre wrath, It was never as dark as they show in the pictures above us. Not to mention that the in game rain wasn't nearly as bad/dark as it currently is. The current in game rain nearly makes the game unplayable anywhere it is happening.

Plus it used to be that you could turn off the day / night cycle and weather effects. I'd like that setting back please.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    To be honest, I quite like being able to see where I'm going.

Oh, there are? I don't see any. I also did a quick search and couldn't find any recent ones. Just because someone made a thread about it sometime ago, does not mean it can never be discussed again in the future.
    http://bit.ly/1rGcurF

And yes there are lots of threads on MMO as well as Google..