Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Ok. But see, now I want a glyph to max TEB for my Monk and Fury/Embers for my lock. Hell, you can make it once per fight and keep spiest's as once per enemy, I just want to be able to unload with everyone else on fights where you lust at the start.
    TEB is an entirely different mechanic, and your lock has enough resources for a burst opener, both in demo and destro. </trollfeeding>

What's the point of making this a glyph since i'll be basically mandatory ?

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    What's the point of making this a glyph since i'll be basically mandatory ?
    Celestalon@Celestalon 4 h
    @Alisrafil1 Aye, we're still debating the mandatoriness of it; may make it a Draenor Perk instead.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guessing devouring plague is getting nerfed to the max if this glyph is true. When something gets buffed something else gets nerfed to compensate its like obama reducing gas prices but prices for groceries going back up. Prices for health care goes down taxes go up if you get what i mean

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Guessing devouring plague is getting nerfed to the max if this glyph is true. When something gets buffed something else gets nerfed to compensate its like obama reducing gas prices but prices for groceries going back up. Prices for health care goes down taxes go up if you get what i mean
    Exactly my thought. I never understood why people like seeing glyphs like these. It's obvious for this to work DP has to be nerfed, basically making the glyph mandatory.

The most promising part of this direction they are taking is that they want to enhance our orb generation to make us use them more often during fights. Should make our rotation much more entertaining if we'll have access to orb dumping abilities on a much larger scale.

Now just give us an aoe orb spender.

Could see it synergizing really nicely with Void Entropy on council fights and fights with high hp adds, we simply mind blast a target once, and can proceed right away to throwing a 3orb entropy on it.

Well Devouring Plague might get toned down as a result.. but the gameplay value of this change might be more fun, while adding a modest notch to the shadow skill cap. Picking out targets which you haven't harvested yet from a large pack will take more than a little practice. (or addons lol) Very nice change overall though.

My main concern of this is PvP repercussions though.. Pop PI + trinkets -> dot up -> MB -> 3DP Insanity -> Forum QQ
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Think about it, it's probably not as OP as you might think:

Single Target: It's just astral communion and a very long overdue change.
    I agree. On single target, its more of a QoL issue - unless of course it synergises with mechanics that drop combat. If you can drop combat and get new orbs it may be stronger than anticipated.

Council fights: It activates just once per target. That's 3-4 DPs over the course of a fight. A buff, yes, but nothing gamebreaking.
    You're right unless again, you can cheese something like spectral guise. If you have a 3 or 4 target boss fight that we're already typically strong on, and suddently you can get significantly more orbs if you guise regularly, it will be broken.

Add multidot: Here's where it could get messy... if you could MB every add, and run DP on it for its full duration, which is not always the case. And in the case of high-health adds, well that's just where shadow is supposed to shine. So no biggie. Again, nothing as stupid OP as MoP destro's AoE.
    I know it's hard to compare it in the context of shadow today to what shadow will be in 6.0, however at face value, in add fights, this talent will be extraordinary. It will make DI much stronger and will present shadow with a vastly strong multi-target option that cannot but impact our single target if it is nerfed in consequence. We have seen this before with SWP amongst other things.

PvP: One free DP per opponent. Might be strong for world PvP, although with WoD's health/damage adjustments it's nothing but a strong burst opener like many other classes already have. Nothing gamebreaking for BG/arena.
    I don't even know what the pvp impact will be in arenas but in RBG's this could be nuts. And we're already (apparently) good there.
    Last edited by Setheria; 2014-05-01 at 08:23 AM.

TEB is an entirely different mechanic, and your lock has enough resources for a burst opener, both in demo and destro. </trollfeeding>
    What makes you think I was trolling, exactly? The fact that I want quality of life improvements for the other classes as well?

Not being able to deal your full damage at the start of the fight sucks no matter what class you play, especially if lust is involved.

Just because they use a different mechanic doesn't mean that it's a good mechanic. Slow ramp up times are petty shitty all around.

Deleted
    Once again I'll need to beg my raiders to buy Ogre Pinatas or pop their Tito's.

This won't fly. This is meant as a utility glyph but its actually so much an output glyph it will become mandatory like 5.0 glyph of Mind Spike. They will also nerf DP into the ground.

Regarding DI, it can say: "Does not work with Divine Insight procs" but that will probably be Shadow 6.2 cause that is how it went too with Glyph of Mind Spike.

I can do better...

Mind Harvest.
    Spell
    Level ?
    9 seconds channel, affected by haste.
    120 seconds CD.

You drain shadowy magic from the Void, generating 1 orb every 3 seconds (affected by haste). Every orb gained decreases the damage you do by 33,33%, stacking up to 3 times, lasting 3 seconds per stack. I added the last part for PvP reasons to make it a decision to use the spell during PvP instead of a no-brainer. It would work during downtime with a price: your downtime lasts for a considerable amount of time. It can be used during long downtime in PvE as well, but generally you wouldn't want to use it because of the long downtime.

You can also make it a 10 minute CD which means it gets reset after every wipe, and its not usable in arena. It would make it generally useless in PvE (except on pull) though since the chance you can use it again 10 minutes into the fight while the downtime occurs there for 9 (affected by haste) + 9 = 18 (affected by haste) seconds is near zero. If the purpose is to make it only work on pull, then 10 minute is a great CD time.

Another:

Mind Harvest
    Passive
    Level 100

(Yes, I do like the name)

Whenever you use an intellect potion, you gain 3 Shadow Orbs. Does not work in battlegrounds or arena. Voila, problem solved, 3 orbs on pull and 3 orbs when the player wants to burst.

And this is just one of the many examples I've seen or made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    The most promising part of this direction they are taking is that they want to enhance our orb generation to make us use them more often during fights. Should make our rotation much more entertaining if we'll have access to orb dumping abilities on a much larger scale.

Now just give us an aoe orb spender.
    Shadow Word: Bane.
    Shadow-only.
    6k mana cost.
    30 seconds CD.

Applies 3 stacks of Shadow Word: Bane to the target. Looks like a Shadow version of Prayer of Mending. If not dispelled, every 3 seconds attempts to travel to a target in 20 yard range which is currently affected by Devouring Plague, removing a stack in the process. Uses 1 orb, but does considerable more damage than SWP or VT (about 1,4 multiplier I'd say). Each time it bounces, the priest gains a health increase of 1% of the damage done lasting 5 seconds, and gains 1% of their mana.

Major Glyph: your Shadow Word: Bane now requires either Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch in order to travel, but reduces the damage it does by 20%.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of this glyph/perk?

It isn't fixing our current issues. We'll just be trying to start the fight with an effective 8 orbs instead of 5.
    {[( )]}

Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    I know it's hard to compare it in the context of shadow today to what shadow will be in 6.0, however at face value, in add fights, this talent will be extraordinary. It will make DI much stronger and will present shadow with a vastly strong multi-target option that cannot but impact our single target if it is nerfed in consequence. We have seen this before with SWP amongst other things.
    The difference is that SWP is instant and has no CD, unlike MB. It won't make DI much stronger because it will still be just one proc per add. Low-health adds will likely die before you get to fish enough procs to make it worth it vs Mind Sear.

Deleted
    The difference is that SWP is instant and has no CD, unlike MB. It won't make DI much stronger because it will still be just one proc per add. Low-health adds will likely die before you get to fish enough procs to make it worth it vs Mind Sear.
    The SWP does not necessarily have to be on the same target as the MB. If the adds die quickly, you can fish 3 orbs and dump the DP into the boss and DI can help with this on certain fights if you get the DI procs while fresh adds spawn. Imagine this on Protectors while Sun is down. Every time a small add spawns, you want to MB it, to dump a MB into one of the two high priority targets. For those who are going to say you should MS those small adds. For ToF procs, sure, otherwise that is a melee job. You can even keep your 3-orb from He and Sun till Anguish spawns allowing you one time 3 orbs from Anguish, and then one time 3 orbs from He, and then one time 3 orbs from Sun (perhaps save that one for 2nd Anguish) with all the DPs dumped into the Anguish.

It is the same on fights like Dark Shamans and Malkorok. You want to snipe the MB on targets you have not MBed yet and the blobs are excellent targets for that.

What I do like about it, is that it makes doing Mind Blast on CD less mindless because you may waste orbs if you got 3 or 4 already with the target not having been MBed yet.

I wonder how they will track the glyph/passive. Hopefully with some kind of debuff.

Really would of just prefered like Astral Communion..channel for orbs or something... beggars can't be choosers I guess.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Really would of just prefered like Astral Communion..channel for orbs or something.
    Completely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Really would of just prefered like Astral Communion..channel for orbs or something... beggars can't be choosers I guess.
    Yep. Out of combat orb regeneration up to 3 orbs would make the most sense, but they've been so adamant in not doing it that they probably had to think of some convoluted way to fix it without looking like they caved in.

Deleted
    Picking this + DI on multidot fight gives real possibilty of multidotting DPs and it may create really strange and clunky playstyle on some fights with holding mb and using 1/2 orbs DP not to get capped. It might also be very hard to balance and I'd rather have SP balanced around all fight types instead being god of multidot and shittier everywhere else.
    Single target wise its a great and long wanted addition and I am really happy that Blizzard finally acknowledged it.
    I think changing it to 1 time per combat and making it a perk/normal passive would be totally fine , since it would fix the main issue of no orbs openers without creating any sort of gimicky playstyles.

I'm not going to complain seeing this is better than Astral Communion in every way.
    My guess is they'll go the Windwalker TEB route with our orbs and reset them upon combat as well.
    I'd actually be ok with that though as long as Mind Harvest stays. (It would solve the issue with having to bank orbs before pulls while still letting us, effectively start with 3 orbs.)

Downside with having it as a perk is that this would be awesome for leveling, but you risk not having it until 100.
    It could just be a passive instead and it'd solve that too.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2014-05-01 at 09:32 PM.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they intend for Shadow Orbs to decay out of combat considering Chi and Holy Power already do. If they will change it is another story, but I remember reading somewhere they didn't like that you had to generate Orbs before a pull, and that they didn't decay out of combat.

More then likely this glyph/perk will mean Shadow Orbs will start to decay out of combat.

Incidentally, today is my birthday.