Poll: Agree "if you don't raid, you don't need raid gear"?

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't PvP, hence I don't worry about PvP gear. If I didn't raid, I would not worry about raid gear. I would take what I could get and use it to the best of its potential.

Gear is not (and really should not be) the be-all and end-all. If you want raid gear, put in the time and effort to raid, and you will earn raid gear. Don't have time? Sucks. Make due with what you can get. Dungeon and LFR gear should suit you fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Gear is a tool in order to be able to defeat more bosses. LFR gives you gear in order to beat Flex. Flex gives to beat normal. Normal gives to beat Heroic. That is how it works. So as long as LFR gives gear that allows you to do Flex all is well and fine. If it gives you too good gear (overgearing Flex) it would be a problem.
    this is exactly the thing they're trying to avoid.

LFR is not, (and probably never was) intended as something that would gear you up, get you ready for endgame content.

LFR is supposed to be that endgame content. (for a lot of people)

"normal" raiders are not supposed to do LFR, and they've made this quite clear in WoD stating that the progression goes
    HC dungeons -> Normal Raids

They don't (and most people tend to agree) want people to run LFR just to get another shot at the set-bonus.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Not everyone in LFR is super skilled, hence the difficulty level, you are also dealing with a random 25 people, bet yer life previous tiers help them get through, I know I would rather get through a boss kill because my power has increased to suit the boss, than die multiple times to get a debuff.

Oh and you missed the edit where is said :

"Oh and who is to say that those people in LFR might never move into higher difficulty raiding? Having raid gear also allows that to happens if they so choose to try. "
    No one in LFR is super skilled, and they don't have to be. You still have not told me why LFR needs gear to be completed, because it doesn't. Of course it makes it easier, much like it will make doing dailies easier, but like dailies, you don't NEED gear to complete it. While you need gear to raid higher difficulties.

About the second point, there will always be a way to get gear, otherwise how is anyone supposed to get into normal/heroic/mythic raiding? And the way of obtaining gear for those raiding modes is going to be Heroic Dungeons as stated multiple times by Blizzard.

LFR will be cut out completely as a gearing path, and will simply become an alternate route for people who don't want to do any kind of "Organized" raiding (as much as PuGing can be "Organized).

So again, if you don't raid you don't need raiding gear. If you intend on raiding Hc Dungeons will provide you with the gear you need and in later patches there will be catch up mechanisms to get you up to the gear level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Gear is a tool in order to be able to defeat more bosses. LFR gives you gear in order to beat Flex. Flex gives to beat normal. Normal gives to beat Heroic. That is how it works. So as long as LFR gives gear that allows you to do Flex all is well and fine. If it gives you too good gear (overgearing Flex) it would be a problem.
    Please elaborate how MoPs LFR Tier overgeared SoO Flex? Correct! It didnt. Next!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Lets play spot the person who doesn't raid
    Good job, I do not. Now tell me how the fact that I can scrape together a whopping 521 ilvl of LFR and timeless gear destroys every molecule of fun you have. I'll be patient...

Absolutely true, except in the rare instances where the raid gear looks so good you have to raid to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AsifIcarebear3 View Post
    Good job, I do not. Now tell me how the fact that I can scrape together a whopping 521 ilvl of LFR and timeless gear destroys every molecule of fun you have. I'll be patient...
    You still get gear from LFR, stop worrying.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    No one in LFR is super skilled, and they don't have to be. You still have not told me why LFR needs gear to be completed, because it doesn't. Of course it makes it easier, much like it will make doing dailies easier, but like dailies, you don't NEED gear to complete it. While you need gear to raid higher difficulties.

About the second point, there will always be a way to get gear, otherwise how is anyone supposed to get into normal/heroic/mythic raiding? And the way of obtaining gear for those raiding modes is going to be Heroic Dungeons as stated multiple times by Blizzard.

LFR will be cut out completely as a gearing path, and will simply become an alternate route for people who don't want to do any kind of "Organized" raiding (as much as PuGing can be "Organized).

So again, if you don't raid you don't need raiding gear. If you intend on raiding Hc Dungeons will provide you with the gear you need and in later patches there will be catch up mechanisms to get you up to the gear level.
    And again you miss the point, more ways to gear up is good, for moving onto the next tier, regardless of difficulty, What if you don't enjoy heroic dungeons? what if you prefer doing LFR? What if you don't enjoy the new content that comes that offers catch up gear? and would rather run LFR? and vice versa, taking away stuff from one part of the content, is bad, less choice surely is always a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Everybody needs gear progression. If the only gear progression is going to be raid gear then I fully disagree. If blizzard actually gave a separate gear progression path, I'd be OK.
    I just farted

Discuss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    You still get gear from LFR, stop worrying.
    Sure, but I don't see why it was so vile that us filthy casuals could enjoy set bonuses too. I don't see how the fun raiders have is diminished in any way at all by this.

So, uh.

LFR is totally about seeing the content, right? ... right?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    So, uh.

LFR is totally about seeing the content, right? ... right?
    You know it's kind of amusing, it went from "We just want to see the content, we pay the same 15 bucks a month" to "We want the gear!" to "We want the gear with set bonuses!".............bottom line, if you want the same shit do the same stuff to get it!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

LFR gear looks like bad quest gear.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    Ok lets say 50% of the wow player base doesn't raid, once they reach max level, run timesink isle, get full 496, do all the quests get all the achieves they want, then the only thing left is LFR or flex or normal raiding, or pvp, but they all collectivly say 'you know what i don't want to raid or pvp, so i'm basically stuck here at this power level with no real reason to progress' at that point the game loses half its player base until the next expansion, that doesn't happen though, so simply grinding the gear, for the sake of grinding it, is what keeps them playing.

you don't NEED it, the same way you don't NEED to play wow in the first place. but there are only so many avenues of progression before you run out of things that actually make your character better. perhaps its not the power gains but just the cosmetics there are various reasons why someone who doesn't raid could want to collect a set of raid gear, but it still comes back to them NEEDING to actually raid to get the gear you describing, if they can get gear without raiding, its not raid gear? as much as ppl might not like to see it, the lfr is actually a raid, the automatic group forming and speed in which you can get ppl together and go in might make it feel trivial, but it still a raid, it just didn't take 3 hrs to form manually.
    If you get to level 90, and you dont raid, and you dont PvP. You are playing the game wrong. it's that plain and simple.

Sure you can play wrong all you like, but dont bitch with the game isn't tailored to your wrongness

I never understood why people who did LFR wanted tier anyway. It's not like you raid at a lvl where that gear is appropriate anyway.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

This is such a dumb question to ask. How would you know if someone that is running LFR will use the gear it drops to move up a higher difficulty or not. So will there be a system to determine who will be raiding or not? "Oh well you haven't been active in 2 months so that would mean you don't raid , ohh you don't need gear tough luck.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I never understood why people who did LFR wanted tier anyway. It's not like you raid at a lvl where that gear is appropriate anyway.
    They are the kind of people who buy Grand theft auto.

Never progress the story at all

And put in cheat codes for the fastest cars and tanks just to roll around and get 5 stars before you die.

You know... 15 year olds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    LFR gear looks like bad quest gear.
    But thing is, quests actually require you pay attention. So, that makes sense

I agree in the sense that if you're not trying to do the higher difficulty encounters, then you don't need the gear designed for that purpose. Gear had always been a status symbol. Recolours kind of ruined that.

I want to see story progression, but I don't need gear for encounter difficulties I'm not going to get involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by AsifIcarebear3 View Post
    Sure, but I don't see why it was so vile that us filthy casuals could enjoy set bonuses too. I don't see how the fun raiders have is diminished in any way at all by this.
    You are just going to do Normal (it's like current flex) via Premades.

It will take you just as long as LFR and you get better gear!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    They are the kind of people who buy Grand theft auto.

Never progress the story at all

And put in cheat codes for the fastest cars and tanks just to roll around and get 5 stars before you die.

You know... 15 year olds.

- - - Updated - - -

But thing is, quests actually require you pay attention. So, that makes sense
    the most stupid and ignorant post of the week goes to you. congratulations