Poll: What do you think about team deathmatch BG in WoW?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice title lol.

misleading title.....

CoD? right team deathmatch, should i say no it's an unreal tournament style BG, then someone else can say a game that had TDM before UT. and so on.

I actually think it would be fun, as long as both teams had the same number of DPS/Healers, and the same level of gear. If it wasn't balanced it would be a terrible stomp, but if both sides had the same gear and numbers I think it would be a lot of fun.

It'd essentially be that "world PvP" everybody is so in love with, but it'd be in a BG and be balanced. My biggest issue with world PvP is it's a numbers game, if one side has 15 people and the other side has 10 the winner has already been decided, gear, skill, teamwork, none of that matters if you have less people. But in a BG that would be different.

Could be fun, especially when you consider that most objective based BGs deteriorate into team deathmatch anyway since nobody in random BGs does objectives. But I think the closest we'll have is Temple of Kotmogu, which not surprisingly is my favorite BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You don't judge the contents of a book by it's cover, but if you paint a big steaming turd on that cover then people will expect turd. The title has sealed the fate of this thread, mine wasn't the first to point it out and it definitely won't be the last. You could have said "Team Deathmatch", but now you have gone and dirtied the whole idea.

I feel dirty just posting in this thread.
    Eh, your comments are rather unimpressive. Most people had a solid 2 cents about it. It's a strange thing to be offended by if you ask me, I guess I'd suggest you stop commenting here if its so distasteful.

Keep in mind that you'll just feel dirtier if you continue to retort with more posts
    "By the water side I will rest my bones."

Quote Originally Posted by MurphyLaw View Post
    Eh, your comments are rather unimpressive. Most people had a solid 2 cents about it. It's a strange thing to be offended by if you ask me, I guess I'd suggest you stop commenting here if its so distasteful.

Keep in mind that you'll just feel dirtier if you continue to retort with more posts
    I've already had to shower and now you reply to me, I made a solid 2pence about it in my first post.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    So we've forgotten about Kotmogu already?
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I just came here to find out what a CoD style battleground is..

Might be cool for a plains battle type scenario. Two armies clashing on the field of battle, yeah!

The only thing I would actually care about them adding to PVP would be if they introduced "The Most Dangerous Game" style BGs.

I don't mind it as one BG, or maybe on a separate queue.

It's kind of one-dimensional though - all of WoW's current BGs are designed to work against players' natural desire to blindly whack the first thing in front of their face. This would be embracing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I wouldn't mind seeing it. However, I would personally prefer Wc3 style bg's where your character acts as the "hero".

10+ Year Old Account
    But every bg is already tdm....

There is no pure team deathmatch BG in WoW. Sure, there are some where kills actually account for the score, but there is still some kind of flag thing going on.

Anyway, when I see CoD, I imagine something along this

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with options. Go for it.

HK premades will be pleased.

Deleted
    It does sound like a nice idea for a new 40 man battleground.

10+ Year Old Account
    If done right it could be a total blast. Throw in some power-ups and make it large enough with many random spawn points to prevent GY camping and you're good to go.