Best Source of Experience?

Having been away for awhile I decided to give D3 another shot. I don't have RoS yet, so please keep and answers restricted to pre-expansion.

I am looking to maximize my experience gains and don't know which is faster. Lower difficulty level due to faster runs or higher for better gains? And should I be killing every monster in my path or trying to complete quests as fast as possible?

What I have been doing is running through an area killing any elites along the way and any big groups of mobs, but trying to finish a scenario as fast as possible. I can fight at medium speed on Expert level. The other two levels above that would be very slow at my current equipment level.

Any suggestions?

depends what class u use, and what gear u have, what difficulty u can do efficiently.
    if u are a wiz going from 60-70 with good gear, id keep it on master and spam act1 bounties as they tend to have very easy mobs.
    if u are a barb, master as well till its too difficult.

if u can only do expert quickly, then by all means stick with that and just farm a1 bounties then exit game and repeat.

you can first do bounties when you completed act 5...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    you can first do bounties when you completed act 5...
    You couldn't be bothered to read the second sentence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Sorry did you mention lvling, or paragon farming?

I found 1-60 verrry fast if you are rushed and just doing bounties on torment6. And then some chilled xp doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CmjZfXmx8w but maybe its nerfed now. Can watch TV w/e while doing it.

Basicly, since ROS soooooooooooooooooo many exploits been fixed. So hard to tell...Thoes who abused them to evel 60-70 are golden, and thoes who didn't...well enjoy finding new exploits or level normally
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    And then some chilled xp doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CmjZfXmx8w but maybe its nerfed now. Can watch TV w/e while doing it.
    I tried this, and then tried the wretched mother one, and I prefer the wretched mother one. Both give about the same amount of XP, but this one is too infrequent to be worth the time. Only good thing is that it's completely safe and you can do other things. But the wretched mother one isn't very dangerous either -- I rarely get hit by her spit, and as long as you keep up gear (i.e don't be wearing level 20 gear at level 60) and pick toughness-related talents, you can take a hit or two and not die.

I couldn't do either for more than 15 minutes though... too boring.

I should have clarified. This is only for paragon leveling. I am at Paragon Level 30. Can't do Torment level without getting squashed by elites. The next two lower levels are doable (Expert and Master). Basic question is, which offers fastest pre-expansion exp gains

1. killing all mobs & elites + doing quests
    2. ignoring all mobs except elites + doing quests
    3. just running as fast as possible and doing quests

And that being said/questioned, which Act has the greatest concentration of quests grouped together? Act 1 has a lot of easy quests while Acts 3 & 4 may have better rewards, the quests are more spread out and require more running to get to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would avoid Act 4 personally. The mobs there are annoyingly tough, often you spend more time killing them than in other Acts.

Rewards scale with your level by the way, so any Act is fine for leveling. I would go with #2, only stopping to kill white mobs if they're starting to get numerous enough that you can AoE them down.

Solo: Do bounties. Multiplayer: Rifts.

- - - Updated - - -

Solo: Do bounties. Multiplayer: Rifts.