Thread: [TV] Gotham

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Batman: Year One seems to quite fit with gotham series. (well exept the falcone part)

It could happen if Gordon and Young-bat left the city and returned a few years later (since if gordon leaves, the corrution could happen again).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Little Bruce Wayne is one of my fave chars in the show, but I wish they'd have added more people to him than Alfred . Was watching season 2 ep 4 when Alfred starts training him, and I was like "who will manage his academic progress" could have ben him , but they could expand his team a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    nearly finished watching last epsiode of season 1 - love it....Cobblepot has just finished blasting that machine gun ..and yells "Fish! , Where are you!" - gosh actor does an amazing job, high calibre acting for a tv show, why isn't Gotham number 1 on many a fans' list?
    Its not on my list because it shits all over its source metal. Watched Season one and ill pass on watching season 2.

Just my 2 cents tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its not on my list because it shits all over its source metal. Watched Season one and ill pass on watching season 2.

Just my 2 cents tho.
    but isn't that what they always do with the movie verse and the tv verse - ? even the comics every few years, probably 10-15 years does a reset with the timelines right? or re-invents ..you know like movies that keep coming back with remakes.

there is no consistency in these things, my first experience of that was Transformers constantly resetting, latest gen is off the movies, I'm told old for it, can't stand it even though in my 20s, I still watch some animated - like anime but even some regular cartoons like Star Wars Rebels, the odd Simpsons/Family Guy etc, some still a bit too kiddy-ish but hey ho.

Is it me or do you all thing Penguin characters genuinely likes Gordon ? I have no ohter explanation for his behaviour towards him (currently on S2e4) it's so weird, but it workds, giving his character - I think it's because Gordon actually saved him that first time round back in S1e1 and possibly again at the end of Season 1. It just occurred to me the character genuinely likes the police guy, or maybe I should say really likes him.. it's so twisted. Even admires him ... you get these odd bursts of quality in the show huh

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    but isn't that what they always do with the movie verse and the tv verse - ? even the comics every few years, probably 10-15 years does a reset with the timelines right? or re-invents ..you know like movies that keep coming back with remakes.
    Yep that is true. At times I don't mind a reboot/revision of something.

But to me there is key things that has stayed the same though out each version. Gotham to me shits all over those key things. If others like it thats fine, Different strokes for different fokes. But I personally couldn't stand it.

Even if you change those key things at lease have it make some kind of sense. To me it makes no sense that all these villains besides maybe Penguin is around in some way. Then the ones that do make sense have a odd to outright stupid backstory.

As I said thats just my 2cents. Also ya I think each Penguin besides the arkham game version has liked gordon.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

on episode 8 now, I like Nygma, I hate it that guys like that in particular get so ridiculed and trivalized and copletely disregarded, because they don't behave like normal people - driving them to very dark places.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not finding season 2 as good as season 1, season 1 was really good - i'm not sure why some of you don't like Fish, but Gotham and Batman always had a degree of eccentricity that only the recent Dark Knight movies really properly converted to something serious rather than spoof.

but gotham i think kinda found a perfect balance, serious enough, but not too serious, a style and eccentricity without going over borad into super ridiculous - and i mean super ridiculous for batman standards that is full of nutters.

Still, I think season 2 did more harm, looks more silly, but still some elements of the old, I do like the balance between the different villains.. i really thought Jerome would be Joker - really did - both Riddler and Penguin are younger than Gordon, but older than Bruce as expected, Joker should be slightly older than him but possibly the same age.

I do like how they balanced them though, from the series you get the impression that Penguiln is a more dangerous/competent villain than Riddler even though Riddler is better at puzzles, and the way they wrote Jerome, if he was the joker, he looked promising to be the most diabolical of the trio so far.

Anyway, episode 8 was totally unexpected, alot happened there, it felt like a season finale, which was exciting and higher pace than the preceding epsiodes, I hope it picks up after this, i suspect they realized that it asn't quite the same level as season 1 and rushed its conclusion to do something new, i know I am still 8 episodes behind current..so, i will eventually find out, sooner than later perhaps

- - - Updated - - -

watched episode 9 - most memorable is the crazy villain interaction between the young riddler and the young penguin - there is a moment that Nygma stands over the sleeping Cobblepot - and I thought .."so creepy" he does it so well, and was totally sweet too...

- - - Updated - - -

gotham season 2 definitely getting much better, episode 8 was a turning point, it's getting much better now, loving episode 10 so far

- - - Updated - - -

so in episode 11, Selina jumps a monk to open the back gate - i mean come on, little girl tkaes out a monk with no weapon in two moves - that's rubbish as always, I hate it when they do that, ... Arrow was really bad with this, especially when Laurel starts going out as the canary untrained and she's downing guys 3 times her size...grr

why didn't they just write it such that Selina misdirects or tricks the monk.. rather than knocking him out..

- - - Updated - - -

I still miss season 1, the interplay was more subtle, still season2 has picked up a bit. Miss the whole mob thing, Mooney was an amazing character as was the whole set-up. it had a realness to it unlike most superhero shows. Or just made differently enough, more like a mob series with the extra eccentricities.

- - - Updated - - -

Log entry 7: Watching episode 14, Scene with Bruce and Marlone, very touching, actor who plays Marlone, and the script, very very well done, young kid who plays Bruce is quite the actor, I wish Daniel Radcliffe could show half the talent he does when he started doing the Potter films - but then Radcliffe never asked for the job, director picked him straight off the street.

- - - Updated - - -

so episode 15 starts a month after episode 14, yet this doesn't seem reflected in the rest of the narrative except for the news report statement at the start of that episode. And Episode 16 I know more time has passed, but again .. blurry

Holy shit episode Expected Penguin to get revenge, but wow, that was sick. Glad he's back.

Cat and bat <3 I wonder what else she "taught" him huehue

And plz no Barbara redemption, I hate her.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Holy shit episode Expected Penguin to get revenge, but wow, that was sick. Glad he's back.

Cat and bat <3 I wonder what else she "taught" him huehue

And plz no Barbara redemption, I hate her.
    She will probably be back, give birth to Batgirl next year, then (excuse the pun) go bat-shit crazy and leave Jim to raise lil' Barbara alone.

I told my wife when they were treating him like crap that they'd end up bringing out the real penguin. Glad I was right

WTF, just shoot him in the head you idiots

10+ Year Old Account
    No penguin today .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    WTF, just shoot him in the head you idiots
    Plus logic. ofc his suit works without a helmet....

That was one of the more interesting episodes lately.

Sure there was a lot of dumb things in it, but most of those were classic tropes not only for comic books but television in general. It's amazing how well armor works with obvious unprotected spaces. I mean, just look at Lex Luthor's battle armor to see another example of it in action. (And this clip from Robot Chicken for how they made fun of it, too... plus a few other fun bits with Luthor. "TYLER, I TOLD YOU NOT TO PLAY BALL IN HERE!").

I'm a little miffed about the Barbara stuff, but she does still have to live out her part in the bat mythos by popping out Gordon's daughter. The writers really should have thought of that before making her batshit insane, though. All the crap going on now is just eye-rolling worthy, sadly.

And, I really really wish they had picked someone else to resurrect. He was not a favorite of mine. And his screaming out "Azrael!" at the end just made me want to smack all the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone the Crow View Post
    And, I really really wish they had picked someone else to resurrect. He was not a favorite of mine. And his screaming out "Azrael!" at the end just made me want to smack all the writers.
    Yeah, as soon as I heard him speak I died a little inside. I hate his character. Really I would have preferred literally anyone else.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I liked Galivan and I'm totally OK with it. I also liked Barbara in this episode, though we'll see what they do with her in the future. Shrug, to each their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    This fucking show.

Also, dat last shot. We officially Batman now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    This fucking show.

Also, dat last shot. We officially Batman now.
    Yup:
    http://shrani.si/f/21/qp/2hGBgCCo/holyshit.jpg

What I like:
    - Bruce is finally growing up and starting to show his bat-side by asking Gordon to take justice into his own hands.
    - The moment where The Captain says to Gordon "well, maybe you should run GCPD" and Gordon replies "one day, maybe I will" - nice forshadowing
    - Penguin slowly coming back - last time he undid his mental conditioning, now with Galavan back he has the motivation to return.
    - Damn, Hugo Strage is bat-shit crazy - I like him Plus, it's awesome to see Nygma explore Arkham - can't wait to see how this plot develops.

What I didn't like:
    - Barbara going crazy again.
    - Captain Barnes dying - though he was annoying at times, I liked his dynamic with Gordon, so I'm kinda sad to see him go when the two finally got on the same page.
    - Azrael - I mean, he was kinda fun, but I never was a fan of the Galavan storyline, so... I guess I will have to wait and see how this progresses.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    - Captain Barnes dying - though he was annoying at times, I liked his dynamic with Gordon, so I'm kinda sad to see him go when the two finally got on the same page.
    I don't think he's actually dead yet? He was shown carried off on a stretcher at the end and not a body bag. I suppose he could die on the way to the hospital or in surgery, but it never mentioned that it actually happen if I remember correctly.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

I thought the Captain died too, but maybe he didn't.

Also, I really liked the scene with Bruce watching Azrael jump around. You could see that little twinkle in his eyes where he was like, that's who I need to become or that's what I need to be able to do to save this city.