Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'll add that we have been 1 tank / 1 heal (to emphasize that it is not stressful) heroic, and since we started with this, our prot warrior tank has always soaked every annihilate with maybe one external and his own cooldowns. And I never have to throw a single direct heal at him in the transition because of the vengeance he gets (he can easily sustain himself). It might not be as easy on other tanks, and it may not make sense for your raid to do it, but to say it stresses out a healer is pretty much false if it is done right in the correct circumstances.

BUT, remember that normal mode annihilate hits for the same amount as heroic does for the actual cone portion (3.5 million). Of course, the non-cone portion hits only for 360k on normal (as opposed to 700k on heroic) but that part doesn't matter because its the cone portion that matters which is the same in heroic/normal. Thus, if you are truly undergeared or you are going through on normal, it may not be as easy and may not be possible because being at 575 ilvl and doing this is quite a bit different than being at 550 ilvl.

But once you reach that point, it all comes down to how you use your cooldowns and at that point (at least as a warrior) you should not be stressing your healer(s) out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Soaking Annihilate keeps your vengeance up on a decent level during the realm. But all the times I've stood in it to keep mine up, I never got above 170-190k, up from 80-100k which I usually have in the transition realm. Don't seem it being worth it actually, not me at least. Solo tanking you run keeps your DPS high enough.

I tank with my guardian and when I decide to soak, I have the realm's buff + 40% reduction from SI. And at 1.2 mil I'm walking away with roughly 30-40% of my HP.
    Welcome to some time ago when Blizz disabled Vengeance from AoE, like standing in fire... . With the exception of Proving Grounds and Challenge Modes.

Because of that soaking annihilates is just dumb.

This purely comes down to your Healers and you being aware of the situation.

If your healers have no issue at all, go for it, it won't hit that hard, and will help you maintain an alright amount of Vengeance. That said, be warned, if something goes wrong and you take another hit, you might end up dead, or wasting a Raid Cooldown.

Just talk with your Healers, see what they think, but remember; You don't need to do this. Risking a wipe for this is stupid, if you can do it safely, sure, but you're already killing it, and this'll only speed it up at best, by ~20 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Sorry, when? I get Vengeance from standing in Annihilate.

Welcome to some time ago when Blizz disabled Vengeance from AoE, like standing in fire... . With the exception of Proving Grounds and Challenge Modes.

U wot m8. You get retardedly high vengeance from soaking annihilates.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

I can tell you with 100% certainty soaking them gives vengeance. I sit at about 650K AP if I soak them and ~200k if I don't.

They removed it from ticking ground AoE mainly. The puddles on Lei Shen were the main reason it got changed at the time. Annihilates still give Vengeance because it's a single large hit.

Try doing your research before making posts like that.