Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I just saw this =( I'm so unhappy. I hated gen 3. I really hope they fix it, I don't want to play a game where you spend 60% of it surfing. Meh at least with updated stats and abilities the starters will be decent (I dislike the torchick line immensely).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I don't think we need another remake of older versions, I think they should rather make new games.
    Relax: This will probably be the last one at least until the next Nintendo handheld and that's assuming it's powerful enough to handle a full-blown Diamond/Pearl remake.

...Also, Black 2 and White 2 say hi.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Ruby/Sapphire where the most innovative in my opinion. Hopefully there will be a mega salamence!

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a Pokemon fan from the beginning I couldn't be happier regarding the franchise. I got Sapphire with my GBA SP after my Pokemon Crystal and GBA were stolen from me and my original games were messed up (Catching Missigno wasn't the wisest idea). Anyways, I fell in love with R/S, the music was great, loved the Pokemon, the HMs (Dive was cool), Team Aqua/Magma and Regis/Legendaries. Overall my favorite game, and how did I almost forget the Dens? I had a Treehouse, it was awesome :P

Anyways, looking forward to it. Not played Y yet (unopened on shelf due to IRL) but I want to see Hoenn again. With updates, new features and whatever else?
    Bring on the Trumpets!
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I don't think we need another remake of older versions, I think they should rather make new games.
    For most other video game IPs, I'd agree. But after playing SS I can say that Omega Ruby will be eating up another couple hundred hours of my time. SS was a remake done right IMO, and I deeply hope they keep and improve the pokemon contests that gen 3 introduced.

X and Y felt like "hey try out this new 3d engine we'll be using on future pokemon games". I'm surprised they didn't make a Pokemon Z like I predicted. This might be the first gen that lacks that "after game".

Gen 1: Yellow
    Gen 2: Crystal
    Gen 3: Emerald
    Gen 4: Plat
    Gen 5: B2/W2
    Gen 6: ???

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    For most other video game IPs, I'd agree. But after playing SS I can say that Omega Ruby will be eating up another couple hundred hours of my time. SS was a remake done right IMO, and I deeply hope they keep and improve the pokemon contests that gen 3 introduced.

X and Y felt like "hey try out this new 3d engine we'll be using on future pokemon games". I'm surprised they didn't make a Pokemon Z like I predicted. This might be the first gen that lacks that "after game".

There's probably going to a Z. FR/LG came out before Emerald.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Hopefully Milotic gets a bit of Mega love to bring it back to its bulky water type ways.

something like this:

Some Gen 3 Pokemon could also do with a new evolution or stat adjustment such as Sableye or Zangooze/Serviper

Deleted
    Who still cares about these pokémon games? They're all the same!

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    Who still cares about these pokémon games? They're all the same!
    Can say the same to every COD game but regardless people play what they enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secret bases, beauty competitions were existing features I'd like to see return...

There has been no declaration it even is a true to form remake and not a sequel to the original games. "Whole New World" and the fact the cover pokemon are Mega Evolved versions means there is some sort of shake-up at least.

Even if it is a remake, for the original game to go 3D is not a simple update like previous re-releases, its a build from the ground up so they obviously have the room for massive changes to plot, gyms, mega pokemon, improving features introduced in XY such as the training system and improving existing features like Secret Bases to be shared with friends.

I think a re-make will be understating the changes this game will bring.
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

Yes the beauty competitions, I missed that when I played heartgold/soulsilver and xy. Gen 3 will also be awesome with the global trade station.
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

Doesn't look like it will be a remake of R/S, it looks more like a revisit. So...

Quote Originally Posted by Chasavaqe View Post
    From the official pokemon YouTube account:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGS...ature=youtu.be

Looks like I will be buying a 3DS after all
    Why must Nintendo keep trying to get me to buy a 3DS! Argh. I keep holding out and see if I can skip it and go to the next one but they keep releasing so many decent games and not putting them on the original DS I might just have to suck it up and get one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

HG/SS were good games, but I wasn't that excited about them. The only thing I think justifies them is that we couldn't trade over pokemon from the old gold and silver games, so it was cool to have games again where you could catch the gen2 pokemon in their original environment. But gameplaywise I didn't get much out of them. It was basically the same thing as the old version, just better graphics, and a couple of additional things. And oh god, the stupid telephone. I loved this feature when I was a kid playing the original games, but my god does it annoy the crap out of me to get asked for my number by every second trainer, only for them to call me and tell me that they didn't manage to catch a slowpoke. Don't get me wrong, I like the original games, just feel that these remakes don't have that much to offer. It's mostly nostalgia why people want them, and Nintendo happily obliges, since they know it's a guarantee for success.

In terms of Pokemon Z, that can, and in my opinion will, still happen. In gen3 and gen4 they've always pumped out a third edition and remakes. Not that I really want another third edition, it's even more unnecessary than the remakes, since it's basically the same as the original 2 editions, with a couple of new things and a focus on the third pokemon, something they could have just as well integrated into the other 2 editions. Unless they do it like in gen5, where Black/White and Black2/White2 felt much more like two different games, since B&W2 was a sequel and reflected that in the story and the environment.

Honestly gen5 is how I want them to do things. Make 2 editions, then bring out a sequel that gives us new cities, new gyms and storyline progression. Don't spend your resources on remakes and instead give us more titles like pokemon colosseum and pokemon gale of darkness for the gamecube. Those were great games.

If Ruby and Sapphire will be a sequel to the original R/S, and not just a remake, I'm all for it, though.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-05-08 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Call me jaded but I'm tired of Nintendo making remakes of old games. Its predictable and old. Yeah they update the graphics and modernize the games but underneath all of that its still the same game.
    Remakes honestly make the most sense right now due to the updated 3d graphics. The only thing I wish they would do is have more than one region per "remake".

These games aren't really remakes though from what they made it sound like. It will likely be a new story and in the X and Y 3d style.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2014-05-08 at 05:49 AM.

I know they're doing this on purpose to build up hype. That said, I don't have enough details to make an informed opinion on this.

However, I hope this version is in 3-D like pokemon X/Y. Going back to the 2-D style would just be too sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    I do agree that the end game is lacking in X/Y but it's definitely the easiest game to level up you Pokemon. (Restaurant Le Wow triple battle/rotation battle with Lucky Egg/trade exp bonus + level 3 experience gain O-Power = lvl 1 to ~45 Pokemon in one go, and you can do two at the same time)
    You clearly haven't lvl'd inn BW2 then Care about 1-75; Its what comes after 70-75 that sucks ass inn X / Y

Anywho I don't know how to rank all the gen's (played 1, 2, 5 and Y witch i guess is 6) and while I resetted pokemon blue many times, and yellow quit alot, I still only care about /played - All I want is the game to last for long. If you played a game for long, surely thats a indication you liked it.

BW2 just has such good end-game, proboaly the best inn any pokemon game. I actually was CHALLENGED to completely the hardest...The pokemon league champion thingy. I tough that was hard, so hard Id say it requires EV/IV training and consideration for what team you bring.

And just farming masters fast with no fail is also hard.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

i wish they bring difficulty setting at the start

i do enjoy a bit of challenge during my FIRST playthrough

anyways always excited for new pokemon (well hopefully revisit)

also bring on Mega salamance and Miltoic
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    i wish they bring difficulty setting at the start

i do enjoy a bit of challenge during my FIRST playthrough

anyways always excited for new pokemon (well hopefully revisit)

also bring on Mega salamance and Miltoic
    Id love a truely hard pokemon game aswell. I found X / Y to be the easiest gen yet Ive played.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansTrolley View Post
    I know they're doing this on purpose to build up hype. That said, I don't have enough details to make an informed opinion on this.

However, I hope this version is in 3-D like pokemon X/Y. Going back to the 2-D style would just be too sad.
    I don't see why it wouldn't be. They have the engine already, with all of the Pokemon models in place. Most of the work right there is done.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.