Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

What's the point of my life?

First of all, if this is the wrong place to put this, my apologies.

Secondly, I know,I know, another depressed teenager post on the internet. Yay.

So basically I just turned 17, I live in Sweden and after high school I decided not to continue my education because I was just tired of everything. That is the back story you need.

So lets go back abit to Summer of 2013, I had quit school, felt good, felt confident that I would succeed in life. I had an idea that looking back at it wasn't great; Not continue studying and make a living off of YouTube. Sounds like a thought most teenagers who enjoy video games once have had atleast, right? Only difference is I was stupid enough to actually give it a try. First 3 weeks was a lot of fun, I gained a few subscribers and I had fun. Then it started to feel more and more like a pain and I just quit and started to just not do anything. That has been my life for the better part of a year now and when you do nothing but lay in bed and play video games for 300+ days you got a lot of thinking time. And one thought I've had the last few months is "What is the point of my existance?" I have no friends, no job, no education, my parents aren't exactly supporting either.

The only think I have in life is professional wrestling (WWE. You know, that scripted fighting that people bash for being homosexual.) I don't do wrestling myself but I enjoy watching it and I watch it basically everyday. It is literally the only reason I get out of bed everyday to watch 1-2 hours of wrestling.
    The reason I'm alive is 'pretend fighting' as the blind eye likes to look at it.

I used to be scared of death and suicide thoughts but lately that has more turned into "What would be the easiest way?..." I don't wanna go back to school in any way because I have always hated school. My old friends are too busy with life to even give me a thought. I haven't recived a text from a friend since September 2013. Not a single person wrote "Happy birthday!" on Facebook when I turned 17 2 weeks ago. Not even my siblings. It feels like no one cares, and why should they really? The only thing that keeps me from taking my life is the fact that my older brother died of cancer when he was just a year old. And I know he would've used life better than me so it feels unfair to him that what he wanted so badly I just threw in the garbage.

What is the point of living a life that is basically useless? It just feels like a waste of time.

Thanks to anyone who took their time to read this.

(Also, it's totally okay to bash me for watching wrestling. I got bullied for it at school to the point where I just didn't even care anymore.)

Give it 10 years.

Deleted
    Whats stopping you from learning to wrestle? It will get you fit, give you confidence and make you new friends.

Deleted
    The only person who can really answer that question is yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to give yourself a reason, because no one else is going to do it for you. There is no inherent 'point' to life beyond our own biological constructs. If you want an easy place to start, become a hedonist.

There's no point to anyone's lives.

The meaning is what you want it to be. There's no magic bullet that anyone can tell you, and you'll just see it, you have to decide on that for yourself, and *hippi-speech inc* find the peace and equilibrium in yourself to follow through with what you want out of it. Noone else can do it for you, but they can do it with you and help, if you need it.

Deleted
    have you considered eating cheese?

The point of your life is whatever you make it .....

Only one that can make things happen is yourself, worst thing you can do is waking up in the morning and do .... nothing.

Anything will do for a start, what comes from that and will form your life .... time will tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    True. There is no point, just do wathever the fuck you want to do.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    The point is to get to the finish with as little pain and as much happiness as possible. It's up to you how though.

Being aimless is not the same as being useless. Lets clarify that right away. And honestly at a young age, aimlessness is perfectly normal thing to experience. The whole process of becoming a young adult is discovering what you like and what you dislike. Its about finding you, and getting away from other peoples expectations and influences while shaping your own.

You seem displeased with yourself but he great thing about life is, you can always change everything about yourself you don't like. Will it be easy? Of course not, but no real change ever is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    This. You learn 20 years off ur life to be able to work the next 40 so others can earn millions. Then ur old and ur savings become useless cause u can't do the things u wanted to do anymore. The only people who have it good are Rich people that retire at age 40.

Get rich or die trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    This. You learn 20 years off ur life to be able to work the next 40 so others can earn millions. Then ur old and ur savings become useless cause u can't do the things u wanted to do anymore. The only people who have it good are Rich people that retire at age 40.

Get rich or die trying.
    Some people pursue things they enjoy :|

Saying that at 17 ... you just know nothing, meetting people can change life, at least give it a chance to happen ...
    Last edited by dinouille; 2014-05-06 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post

Get rich or die trying.
    You can be perfectly happy without ever amassing a fortune. Its all defined by relativity. I implore you to watch the documentary, "Happy". Some of the happiest people on this planet are the one's you would least expect.

The meaning of life is what you wish it to be, there is no universal answer for this. And because you only live once, don't you want to make the best of it? You don't know what your life will look like in 5 years or 30 years.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    You can be perfectly happy without ever amassing a fortune. Its all defined by relativity. I implore you to watch the documentary, "Happy". Some of the happiest people on this planet are the one's you would least expect.
    yeah. Beyond basic needs, what we really crave is other people. But, I suppose so many people get caught up in the basic needs bit even when they have more than enough. probably an outcome of our entrainment to scarcity....

Deleted
    Imagine yourself in twenty years. You're reasonably successful, content, and life overall is going ok. Think about what you needed to do to get there. Now do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for some special reason you exist, you need to realise that the majority of the people on earth are just a nameless/faceless mass whose existence is based solely on their parents deciding to have (or accidentally having) a baby. What you do with your life is up to you, and while one person might feel like they've succeeded only if they have a large social circle, a great paying job, and a big house, others are happy with much less. It all depends on finding things you enjoy and not caring if other people think it's a waste of time. There is no special purpose to being alive, so only you can decide what is a waste. Killing yourself sounds like much more of a waste than watching wrestling, because you can always do something else if you feel like it, but there's no coming back from death. Find things to enjoy and don't worry about other people's standards of a "point."