Garrison + Professions

I thought I read somewhere that we will be able to lvl professions from 1-600 (or 700, whatever the new cap is in WoD) purely from our garrisons. Is this true?

They've said there will be some interaction with other professions form our Garrison, and that our Garrison will act as a Hub for professions, but I highly doubt we'd be able to just let our Garrison do it all passively.

Truthfully, we don't know yet as we've not had that sort of information yet, and things are subject to change.

The only confirmed facts are that we can have profession buildings that allow us to use some of the more important but not the best benefits from other professions. Ie, if you have an alchemy building, you'll probably be able to craft things such as master healing potions and the like, but you wouldn't be able to reap the benefits of say, transmutation master.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    The only confirmed facts are that we can have profession buildings that allow us to use some of the more important but not the best benefits from other professions. Ie, if you have an alchemy building, you'll probably be able to craft things such as master healing potions and the like, but you wouldn't be able to reap the benefits of say, transmutation master.
    That is my guess, too -- I think this makes sense because they have been consistent about the philosophy that GC outlined forever ago, where they love alts, but they hate profession alts. That is, they don't want you to level to 90 *just* for the professions, they want you to level an alt because you love that class and want to play it all the time. Alt victory is when you set at the login screen for an hour because you can't decide which toon to play.

However, they have also ... I guess, strongly hinted that the catch-up mechanisms for cooking, gathering, and BS worked out pretty well, so they are likely to make those sort of things available to you in WoD for all professions. That might be garrison tied, or just a set of recipes like the BS ones, or whatever, but odds are that you can jump-start everything using only WoD mats rather than the current grind through history.

(I don't expect them to, eg, unlock Jeeves without old mats though, so expect to still get *some* old stuff... just not for basic levelling)