Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the difference between flying through turbulence and losing your shit and crashing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Other flight "spells" were:
    • Original flight training for Outland (learning how to fly)
    • Cold Weather Flying (learning to deal with cold weather)
    • Flight Master's License
      • For old toons: already know how to fly, but need to be licensed to do it on Azeroth
      • For new toons: learning to fly and getting licensed (includes appropriate training for Outland)
    • Wisdom of the Four Winds (learning how to deal with the wind patterns of Pandaria)
    • Cloud Serpent Flying (learning how to handle a cloud serpent)

So, what's unfeasible about not knowing how to handle the atmospheric conditions of Draenor?
    dunno, seems a little strange my mighty flying dragons can't fly cos of some atmospheric conditions, yet the flight points we will surely use will be able to fly us about.

and cold weather flying, i've never understood that. i can fly in other snowy regions just fine, why did i have to learn how to deal with cold in northrend? doesn't look that much colder, bit of snow here and there

Deleted
    Even if not necessary, it is a nice explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    dunno, seems a little strange my mighty flying dragons can't fly cos of some atmospheric conditions, yet the flight points we will surely use will be able to fly us about.
    Mounts trained/bred to fly in those regions.

Plus .. cos gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they were already trained with how to deal with it....

It's like asking: "Why can't we fly on Timeless Isle, but the birds there can?"
    Because they're used to it and know how to deal.

and cold weather flying, i've never understood that. i can fly in other snowy regions just fine, why did i have to learn how to deal with cold in northrend? doesn't look that much colder, bit of snow here and there
    Because all cold air is the same and regional wind patterns don't mean anything....

10+ Year Old Account
    if you find a logical reason like this one explaining why our characters won't be able to fly in WoD, hit me up OP.
    The Iron Horde perfected AA Guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    <snip>
    So what's unfeasible about not knowing how to handle the atmospheric conditions of Draenor?
    <snip>
    Convincing argument, Till you factor in that we can fly via flight points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Convincing argument, Till you factor in that we can fly via flight points.
    It's not like flying is physically impossible. Those taxi's have already been trained by the Flight Masters. That's why they're called Flight Masters.

Deleted
    Because they were already trained with how to deal with it....

It's like asking: "Why can't we fly on Timeless Isle, but the birds there can?"
    Because they're used to it and know how to deal.

Because all cold air is the same and regional wind patterns don't mean anything....
    so basically my dragon mounts, which are dragons right, master beasts of the air with their powerful wings which have been flying all their life aren't going to be able to fly because of some regional wind patterns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    It has to do with going back in time, the black portal, Medivh, the Kirin Tor, the Bronze Dragonflight, and Gul'dan. Fill in the gaps, and voila! no flying because of the whole time distortion mind block thing; which cannot be broken until 6.1 and the release of the correct magical energies.
    And here's the real reason: Gameplay reasons, with a made up lore reason so RPers have something to use in their RP.

10+ Year Old Account
    so basically my dragon mounts, which are dragons right, master beasts of the air with their powerful wings which have been flying all their life aren't going to be able to fly because of some regional wind patterns.
    Have you ever considered the problem is with you and not your mounts? Maybe they refuse to fly with some derp handler who doesn't know how to navigate the wind and doesn't want to end up being directed into the ground and breaking its neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drakes that have never been to Draenor. Take a helicoptor to the moon and see if it flies the same (slightly extreme analogy)

Deleted
    Have you ever considered the problem is with you and not your mounts? Maybe they refuse to fly with some derp handler who doesn't know how to navigate the wind and doesn't want to end up being directed into the ground and breaking its neck.
    derp handler? i've helped kill the lich king, deathwing, old gods, onyxia and other giant monsters and shit. you think some wind is gonna defeat me? i play a shaman, i control the wind

i know what im about son

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Drakes that have never been to Draenor. Take a helicoptor to the moon and see if it flies the same (slightly extreme analogy)
    you could say extreme. the rockets they flew to the moon had never been to the moon before, they seem to have done alright

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Blizzard should just enable flying everywhere but if you don't have the proper training, you instantly crash and die as soon as you leave the ground.

Deleted

The cold never bothered me anyway...

OT: Killing efficiency so we spend more time doing boring stuff.

Deleted
    Maybe Blizzard should just enable flying everywhere but if you don't have the proper training, you instantly crash and die as soon as you leave the ground.
    i'd back this, aslong as there is a way to learn the training which isn't gated in anyway and i can complete it as quickly as i choose to.

10+ Year Old Account
    derp handler? i've helped kill the lich king, deathwing, old gods, onyxia and other giant monsters and shit. you think some wind is gonna defeat me? i play a shaman, i control the wind

i know what im about son
    Because being a good fighter instantly makes you an expert pilot....

Why do we even have a separate Air Force? Just stick soldiers into the cockpits. They know how to fire a gun and fight hand-to-hand, operating an airplane isn't gonna beat them.

Deleted
    Because being a good fighter instantly makes you an expert pilot....

Why do we even have a separate Air Force? Just stick soldiers into the cockpits. They know how to fire a gun and fight hand-to-hand, operating an airplane isn't gonna beat them.
    well my character has actually been a pilot for most of his life, aswell as a soldier. been riding mounts since the day he hit 60, got loads of experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    well my character has actually been a pilot for most of his life, aswell as a soldier. been riding mounts since the day he hit 60, got loads of experience.
    And apparently that experience didn't mean jack shit because you ended up needing special training to fly in other areas.

Deleted
    And apparently that experience didn't mean jack shit because you ended up needing special training to fly in other areas.
    which is my whole point that needing to train to fly every time we go somewhere new is a shit reason for blizz to remove flying.

if they actually came up with a reason which was slightly interesting or made sense to me, i'd be a little bit less pissed they are removing flying