Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You play an MMORPG for the LONG goal. Otherwise it is better to stick with other games. Outside of WOW and EVE there is absolutely NO other MMORPG that would have this same impact on RL friendships, actual discussing things in a club or have a drink with RL friends and talk about WOW tactics and adventures.

No other MMO came even close to this experience. You talk about innovation ? Why did you ignore Pet Battles? Farming? New Battlegrounds then ?

Why do think another new copycat MMO would be challenging over the coming years ? WOW has the best controls for an MMORPG by a long shot so PvP with a competition is already there with NUMUROUS choices all over the place. From rated PvP to casual BG's to world PvP raids if you want that.

As for PVE, the Raids in WOW have been the best of ALL competition. Everyone agrees on that. So besides the usual hyped trash, what is there other to find than fast responsive combat in PVE and PVP ? and made by the best PC developpers with almost unlimited resources.

DO you really think that after 7 years it is still going to "come" up from the blue skies of hype ? I know it won't and believe me most of us have seen it all.
    LMAO. Man there is no koolaid shortage wherever you're at. Innovation, you mean the poor pokemon copy, farmville, and lol a new battleground don't even know why you threw that in there. Probably stressing to think of something. If you talk to people who actually play other games, WoW raids are pretty easy in comparision. The one thing WoW has is smooth combat. But they aren't the only game with that. Unlimited resources? If they have unlimited resources you have to assume they just didn't want to put out new content while everyone is waiting for WoD because they don't give a shit about the player, or maybe their resources are pretty damn limited. Other games with much smaller budgets put out more content more often than WoW.

And last but not least. Do you know why you play an MMORGP long term? Because it is supposed to be rewarding, it is supposed to offer you growth, your achievements over that time span are supposed to be meaningful and differentiate you from joenoob that just joined last month. Every last ounce of that is gone from WoW. There is nothing that differentiates you, they can do everything you did in 1/50th the time it took you. The game has been stripped of it's depth and meaning all in the name of attracting new players with short attention spans. And even all of those other games don't have as many subs as WoW, they are still running(and likely seeing more updates than WoW) and they have players and communities, albeit smaller, that have stuck with it.

At the end of the day though for me, it is about fun. Long term doesn't mean crap if the game isn't fun, and WoW just isn't fun anymore. For me. Now if I thought they were great developers that were working hard and innovating and really earning my money, I might consider supporting them anyway with a sub, but Blizzard aren't those guys anymore.

The problem does not reside with the active players. In fact the vast majority never read forums at all.

The problem Always comes down to the few that left and seek a justification WHY they left their old love. Hence they support every negative thread.

They find it satisfying to feel good about their decision and so want to seek a justification for their decision. "Blizzard fucked up, so I left".

Of course you are right: players would never care if the game had 1 million or 20 million players as long as your world is there to play in. Certainly now with the new connected realm tools where economies are connected etc...

That's why the negative posts about subscriptions are maintained by these folks who left WOW behind and now seek a justification.

About the no content isssue, it is LAUGHABLE. As you showed thousands of other achievements can be played in this game and they simply ignore it to TxxxL the game and its fans.

Nothing more nothing less, it is the inernet after all.
    Have you ever had a negative thought about Blizz in your life? Seriously, you ignore everything people say and act like a 4 year old, covering your ears saying "la la la la la, I can't hear you, Blizz is amazing." It's like you worship the ground they walk on.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    An entire guild quit huh? Curious! Good reason if so, but can we see the wowprogress page alongside your armory to verify!

Of course, 10 man isn't real raiding, but its actually something compared to the other thousands of people discussing this topic here who haven't stepped foot in anything of note.

To continue learning about this topic, you must understand it seems extremely odd that an entire heroic raiding guild would quit the game, despite not finishing the tier. Any thoughts on what was the downfall of the group, as they set out to excel, but not only didn't make it, failed to even retain the guild's existence?
    Perhaps this was their first tier raiding together?
    Just curious at this point.
    Ah, it appears you're an elitist 25 man raider who looks down upon everybody else as if you are better than them.

Carry on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Firstly made up statistics to suit your point are exactly that, made up.

Secondly, the intention of most players isn't to complete every raid on every difficulty or get the highest PvP rank, this has been true since vanilla.
    Of course, its all made up. But the point is for you guys to fervently disprove me by showing all this evidence that people who do quit the game have actually played it and still managed to find a reason that it was bad enough to ditch their guilds, friends, and characters.
    Its not just about raiding or pvp. Those are just examples, to show that players who play serious wouldn't just quit on a whim. Its either for a real reason, or they never played seriously in the first place.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Have you ever had a negative thought about Blizz in your life? Seriously, you ignore everything people say and act like a 4 year old, covering your ears saying "la la la la la, I can't hear you, Blizz is amazing." It's like you worship the ground they walk on.
    Unfortunately this is the issue with the community.

The only people who are more damaging than the people who abuse Blizzard over every decision, are those who feel the need to support them and defend them on every decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I unsubbed on two accounts, so it's actually lost TWO subscriptions! YOU LIE!

Hate to say it, but MoP's been even more boring and dull than Cata. WotLK was awesome all the way out.

Can't really say they're doing something right when they've lost several million subs. Just because it's stable for now doesn't have to mean anything.

Deleted
    all the people saying they unsubbed arent real losses anyway as you will most probably resub when WoD comes so blizz wont care. And, if you arent going to resub they why the heck are you on these forums reading these threads....gg

An entire guild quit huh? Curious! Good reason if so, but can we see the wowprogress page alongside your armory to verify!

Of course, 10 man isn't real raiding, but its actually something compared to the other thousands of people discussing this topic here who haven't stepped foot in anything of note.

To continue learning about this topic, you must understand it seems extremely odd that an entire heroic raiding guild would quit the game, despite not finishing the tier. Any thoughts on what was the downfall of the group, as they set out to excel, but not only didn't make it, failed to even retain the guild's existence?
    Perhaps this was their first tier raiding together?
    Just curious at this point.
    To answer your question I've been raiding with these guys since the end of ToT (was in guild but in 2nd raid group). And we are all unsubbing because people don't want to raid SoO for the next several months, we're burned out on it. We will be back for WoD so it's not so much that we quit it's that we unsubbed.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Beakerz/simple

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    But someone else who was unsubbed, subbed, zeroing out losing you as a player. And it's not a theory, it's fact. It's on the front page of MMO-C, MoP has lost zero subs in the last 8-9 months.
    Not necessarily. They round to the nearest hundred thousand. You have no evidence that the exact number is the same, and a loss is still a loss even if something replaces it. Besides, it was six months, not nine. Your facts have no substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, it appears you're an elitist 25 man raider who looks down upon everybody else as if you are better than them.

Carry on.
    Apologies, if you enjoy 10 man, have fun. With Mythic on the horizon I assumed we all agreed that the age of 10 man has passed.
    I would much rather stay on topic than debate that, so once again I apologize for any raider I insulted. Remember, even if you solo raid bosses, you have still done more than 90 percent of the people arguing about this topic! Let's act as one, instead of being divided over petty details that will soon be irrelevant.
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Unfortunately this is the issue with the community.

The only people who are more damaging than the people who abuse Blizzard over every decision, are those who feel the need to support them and defend them on every decision.
    I have been VERY ciritcal in the past on Blizzard and Heartstone for various reasons and posted CONSTRUCTIVELY about it.

HS not having any decent PVE content made me angry because they had a game that would easely conquer every market, but its harsh PvP would block this popularity. I still have a lot of hate/love relationship with the game. The game is still not casual enough for the mobile market and I blamed Blizzard to make too much concessions to the hardcore and Geeks.

Luckily Blizzard knew that and so the Nax Raiding will be published soon TM.

I am just FED up with the usual suspects over here who will do ANYTHING to trash talk anything about Blizzard.

The guys who post to post negatively. Frustrated as they are about a game company. Ridiculous.

And to make a statement: How long do you think that a negative poster like Jaylock would hold to his account if this was a Real Madrid fan forum and he trash talked the team every few days with again a negative topic ?

Is this a fan forum? Well it is a forum for WOW fans and players .... or we wouldn't pay subscriptions if we weren't fans ...

Next time be sure to read the above. If you are no longer a player: stop posting because we are not interested in players who no longer play.

If you don't like the game or Blizzard, there is absolutely no reason to still post about it.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-05-08 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To answer your question I've been raiding with these guys since the end of ToT (was in guild but in 2nd raid group). And we are all unsubbing because people don't want to raid SoO for the next several months, we're burned out on it. We will be back for WoD so it's not so much that we quit it's that we unsubbed.

Great answer! Glad to hear it. Its good that you admit you will be back, and that it was not Blizzard's fault directly for your departure.
    Sorry to hear you didn't have too much success in ToT or SoO, but I can sympathize with the massive extension of the final tier of this expansion. Its quite poorly handled, but would urge you to return and find a group capable of finishing the place. Its worth it.

We only raid 2 nights a week for a total of 8 hours for the week, 25 man heroic, and have downed 13/14h bosses, working on Garrosh now. The easiest way to avoid burning out is just to take it light. Many of our raiders don't play much during off nights now, because of this same issue. But to have an entire guild quit, I'd imagine it was likely that a few key members decided to take a break, and others (perhaps yourself?) just followed suite instead of finding a new home. Totally respectable, either way.

If you decide to come back to finish the tier, let me know. Could use another bombkin!
    Thank you for taking the time to reply and back up what you've said!
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!

So if you no longer play the game: stop posting.

It is so on the official forums as well. BTW you never played WOW the MMORPG, you played 1% of its content offer, you played WOW the Raiding which is too niche to pay a subscription for. And of course you lie when you talk about the attitude of others. You just want a justification for a personal decision as I already explained above.

This forum is filled with people like you who want a gratification why they left. Goodbye as an ex player. You already were replaced.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-05-08 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    However what it will show, is that during MoP, WoW would have lost almost 3 million players, the majority of them while MoP was new (the first year). This would indicate that those who tried MoP, quickly thought it to be garbage and quit (lol pandas, China, dailies, gating, grinding).
    I unsubbed at the start of MoP for a majority of reasons, many of those you state there but also because both GW2 and Rift were a lot more appealing to play (still play them). But when news of WoD came out I decided to resub again and have stayed resubbed ever since. Strangely enough I didn't mind catching up with all those things I hated at the beginning of the expansion (except the cloak... ugh the cloak. Such a handicap now).

Personally I think we'll see somewhat of a decrease. There is a lot of doom and gloom regarding some drastic choices made for WoD and for some reason people think canceling their subs now will change anything in the developement of the next expansion. That said: The end of MoP has been amazingly stable and quite enjoyable even with the long wait until the next expansion. Personally I believe people will look back at this time fondly just as they're looking back at Wotlk fondly even if they cursed it while it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiniun View Post
    Hate to say it, but MoP's been even more boring and dull than Cata. WotLK was awesome all the way out.

Can't really say they're doing something right when they've lost several million subs. Just because it's stable for now doesn't have to mean anything.
    What was your favorite part of Wrath?
    Let's explore the content you are likely missing in MoP that should change your mind about the expansion.
    I'll name just the first few that come to mind:
    Challenge modes, proving grounds, timeless isle, achievement hunting, pet battles, brawler's guild, flex raid difficulty.
    On top of this, in MoP we saw connected realms save a LOT of groups and realms that were despondent without.

Have you tried these features? I can personally say that while I don't care much for Proving grounds because of complications with scaling, Challenge Mode 5 mans are the most fun thing I've done in any video game and are a renewable challenge. Its always fun to do them again and try to beat other times!
    So what part of Wrath did you like the most, and are you sure it wasn't present in MoP as well?
    Last edited by MetroStratics; 2014-05-08 at 01:55 PM.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!

What was your favorite part of Wrath?
    Let's explore the content you are likely missing in MoP that should change your mind about the expansion.
    I'll name just the first few that come to mind:
    Challenge modes, proving grounds, timeless isle, achievement hunting, pet battles, brawler's guild, flex raid difficulty.
    On top of this, in MoP we saw connected realms save a LOT of groups and realms that were despondent without.

Have you tried these features? I can personally say that while I don't care much for Proving grounds because of complications with scaling, Challenge Mode 5 mans are the most fun thing I've done in any video game and are a renewable challenge. Its always fun to do them again and try to beat other times!
    So what part of Wrath did you like the most, and are you sure it wasn't present in MoP as well?
    The more choices of play and content, the more these guys complain.

Great post dude. Those that really narrow it down to a Raid are not even playing an MMORPG.

So if you no longer play the game: stop posting.
    Why? I still play other Blizz games such as D3. As far as I know this is MMO-Champion not WoW forums. And I like to read these forums while at work.

It is so on the official forums as well.
    What is it? What are you talking about here?

BTW you never played WOW the MMORPG, you played 1% of its content offer, you played WOW the Raiding which is too niche to pay a subscription for.
    Actually, I did heroic scenarios, proving grounds, scenarios, all daily quest hubs to the end (including TI), achievements, raids, brawlers guild, pet battles briefly (only to get the card for brawler's guild) because I don't like them, dungeons, capped valor every week since SoO was released, hunted mounts (Pureblood firehawk, Aly's mount, ashes of al'ar), etc. The only thing I didn't do because I couldn't find a group and didn't care enough where challenge modes. What have you done because I'm fairly certain I've done more.

And of course you lie when you talk about the attitude of others. You just want a justification for a personal decision.
    Who did I lie about? And where do you get that I want a justification for anything? I unsubbed because my raid isn't raiding SoO anymore. Why bother paying when I don't log in? I play to have fun with my friends. They stopped playing so I'm not going to play either.

You basically where just wrong on every point about me but good try.

But someone else who was unsubbed, subbed, zeroing out losing you as a player. And it's not a theory, it's fact. It's on the front page of MMO-C, MoP has lost zero subs in the last 8-9 months.
    Actually it shows no data as to how many subscribers they lost. I unsubbed too, so there is another lost sub. You have been proven wrong again. The fact that someone else subscribed and thus zeroing out losing me as a player doesn't change the fact that they lost a subscriber. They lost one, they gained another. Seems you fail to understand he was mocking your choice of words, not the data behind them or what you meant to say. What you meant to say is that MoP has as many subscribers now as it did 8-9 months ago. That is what the front page shows. It does not show that WoW didn't lose any subscriber.

If you are no longer a player: stop posting because we are not interested in players who no longer play.
    You might not be, but the folks you shill for certainly are.