Poll: Do you think capitals will be upgraded or shifted?

Deleted

Change in capital cities / capital cities upgrade

Hi everyone!

Now that WoD is (figuratively and not really) around the corner, with its shiny new landscapes and updated character models, I am secretly hoping that at one time they will also update all the faction capitals and make it viable to AFK anywhere (rather than just fucking stormwind).

The most logical would of course be the upgrade of capital cities. We all know that Org gets more upgrades than any celebrities' face and that Stormwind's been expanded rather significantly over the years, but other beautiful capitals such as Darnassus, Thunder Bluff and Ironforge are just sitting there, happily together in 2006.

I mentioned a storyline on this forum before where the Dwarves would lose ironforge through a tragic event and then set about cleansing Grim Batol with help of their new Dark Iron mages (which looked absolutely amazing in my opinion) which they would share with the Wildhammers (including a massive statue at the gates in memory of all the shit that happened). In addition, now that the alliance have Dalaran back, that could obviously be a capital city. And then there's Gilneas City of course (which should've been a capital all along, or at least have a bloody inn and trade channel so I can afk there). The Horde's not got as many I don't think... If ogres are ever added I'd reckon Dire Maul could become a new capital through a turn of events, but other than that I'm a little unsure. Perhaps the horde should simply get a capital on Draenor after the xpac?

I guess what I'm saying here is that Im hoping that in future expansions Blizzard will also keep updating the old world a little, keep it dynamic. As much as I love Ironforge, It really, really needs an update. What do you think? Will they ever be updated or will we see a shift of capitals?

Deleted
    Silvermoon and Exodar might be updated for flying. Maybe they will do something with Gnomergan or Gilneas during next world revamp(probably during BL invasion expansion).

and about new ones hmmm... Dire Maul might become Ogre capital but it will stay as dungeon. Maybe during South Seas expansion Bligewater Cartel will kick other Cartels from Undermine or sth like that

Look, by now it should be abundantly clear that blizzard has, for what ever reason, not the capacity to pull off useless fluff like that. It bit them in the ass with Cata and the current content draught is because of the same reason. During this expansion making a daily hub crippled their development team for 3 months, making a raid 6, a whole expansion possibly a year. As long as it is not a major staging ground for the current content they won't deem the resources worth spending on it, because it would subtract from somewhere else. While the joke is overused, some things actually cost a raid tier/zone/quest hub/what ever.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcraanen View Post
    I am secretly hoping that at one time they will also update all the faction capitals and make it viable to AFK anywhere (rather than just fucking stormwind).
    I thought they did this for Mists. With the Shrine having portals to every major city, I don't understand why people still think they have to go to Org/Stormwind. The only logical conclusion I can think of is that people are just used to that from Cata, so they continued that in Mists.

In BC, Shattrath and it's portals made it so that everyone was split up amongst the cities, with Stormwind and Ironforge being the most popular (Don't know Horde then).

Same in Wrath. Dalaran and it's portals made it so that you could go to any city you wanted to, then use your hearth to go back to Northrend.

Cataclysm obviously screwed this with no major neutral city, and Blizzard forcing the use of Stormwind and Orgrimmar so people can see how nice they are after they have been remade.

Mop comes and they go back to the BC/Wrath model of portals and cities, except people are still only using SW and Org and blaming Blizzard for that.

The only major changes I see them making to cities is finish repairing Stormwind. Get Ogrimmar back to a Pre-Garrosh state. I can see them someday updating BC starting areas and cities, if there is a storyline or expansion purpose for doing so. And Maybe let Genn Graymane go back home to Gilneas, but that would be a stretch.
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-05-08 at 10:53 AM.

Honestly, putting portals to Cata zones and Pandaria only in Sw and Org is quite retarded, some cities are totally deserted, UC and TB are 1000 times better than that crappy Orgrimmar, Silvermoon is also obviously killed by being a no-fly city, for alliance i don't dislike SW but i love IF much more for all the good memories i have from vanilla...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Honestly, putting portals to Cata zones and Pandaria only in Sw and Org is quite retarded, some cities are totally deserted, UC and TB are 1000 times better than that crappy Orgrimmar, Silvermoon is also obviously killed by being a no-fly city, for alliance i don't dislike SW but i love IF much more for all the good memories i have from vanilla...

I can't believe this is a very valid reason to not go to Thunder Bluff. Will you still need to go to Uldum easily? Sure. There's Org for that. Will you need to go to a previous expansion's zone enough that you can NEVER go to Thunder Bluff and ALWAYS have to go to Org? Unlikely.

The portal to Pandaria is worthless. You use your hearth to get back.

Deleted
    Put portals in every city in the game, all the Racial cities, plus neutral cities like Dalaran and Shattrath.

Or be evil and get rid of all the portals in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so too. They do like funnelling people into one place though, it makes the city you're encouraged to idle in look busy and bustling.

Yeah, I'd like to see the other cities become important again somehow. Or at least rotate which city is the "main" city every major content patch or something. Right now, it's like.....you're not cool unless you're hanging out in Stormwind or Orgrimmar.

Deleted
    I highly doubt it, blizzard really do like to take their time on "fun" things. OFC I would love to see more happen than "new content, new pvp season, have at for the next 4 months or so". WoW is a game and it really doesn't feel like blizzard are giving it the treatment it deserves, despite the success of WoW i really do think blizz are just half arsing themselves.