Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Wanting to heal pvp

Never healed in my life. Been a tank my whole wow life, but need a change of pace so I'm want to try healing. Which healer is the healer for pvp atm, but also easy to learn?
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Deleted
    I'm going to say Shaman because I have one and don't know crap about others

Deleted
    druid or shaman are pretty much the best 2 healers at the minute with shamans having a wider variety of comps available to them at the minute for 3v3.

15+ Year Old Account
    How are priest? I ask about them because I just realized I dont' have any heirloom caster gear other than cloth. I dont' mind having to grind out for mail or leather casting gear, but it would take a few days.
    my SWTOR referal link:

All healers are viable in PvP currently. Play what you think will be fun. If you're going for glad, which it doesn't sound like you are, research it on:
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-0.html

I have all healers other than Shaman, I just hate their playstyle. Druid and Monks are fun because of mobility. Disc and HPal are fun because of their "tanky" feel. I have not tried HPriest but I know they are considered the better Priest healer by many due to, basically, Guardian Spirit and Chastise. Can't freaking wait for Chastise to be useless in WoD. Sorry, I digressed. But, until 2k and probably even 2.2k any healer is viable, although as stated with varying comps as options.

Have fun and welcome to healing: it can be annoying, learning to "juke" interrupts and silences but it's a very fun aspect of the game!

Assuming you just mean battlegrounds and casual rated play, I'd suggest monk. Of all the pros and cons across all healing specs, I expect you'd most appreciate monk survivability. They are obscenely hard to kill compared to any other healer, so the learning process should be faster and less frustrating.

I play a paladin in battlegrounds. Just random ones. I tried to grind out the conquest for gear but the CC chains combined with my rating not going down just ruined it for me. Even losing a ton my partner (a warrior) was of no use.

Deleted
    Monk or Resto Druid. As a Monk you simply wont die. You have great mobility, 2 PvP trinkets, simple play style, the best instant heals in the game : Healing Spheres and you can also do nice damage and great aoe healing, which can't be Silenced. I can kill 520 itl Hunters with using only CJL + Chi Wave, lol. The only problem is mana: you will go om very fast if you only spam Surging Mist. Learn how to use Healing Spheres and you will never go oom.
    Resto Druid is also great. You can start from stelth! You have the best mobility in the game and many instant spells. But if a Rogue catches you unpripared you will die in a stunlock.
    Holy Priest can also perform very well. Avoid Resto Shaman: the worst healer right now. 1v1 you can't even keep yourself alive lol. In BGs you will be dead most of the time. Can do it well in Arenas.
    And for Heirloom part: you can level any healer in cloth heirlooms. No need to farm leather or mail. There are no plate heirlooms with intelect/spel power btw.
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2014-05-07 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a ton of fun playing my paladin in random bg's, top healing most of the time. I just look for brawls, run up there and start healing my ass off.
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Monk or Resto Druid. As a Monk you simply wont die. You have great mobility, 2 PvP trinkets, simple play style, the best instant heals in the game : Healing Spheres and you can also do nice damage and great aoe healing, which can't be Silenced. I can kill 520 itl Hunters with using only CJL + Chi Wave, lol. The only problem is mana: you will go om very fast if you only spam Surging Mist. Learn how to use Healing Spheres and you will never go oom.
    Resto Druid is also great. You can start from stelth! You have the best mobility in the game and many instant spells. But if a Rogue catches you unpripared you will die in a stunlock.
    Holy Priest can also perform very well. Avoid Resto Shaman: the worst healer right now. 1v1 you can't even keep yourself alive lol. In BGs you will be dead most of the time. Can do it well in Arenas.
    And for Heirloom part: you can level any healer in cloth heirlooms. No need to farm leather or mail. There are no plate heirlooms with intelect/spel power btw.
    What...What...What did you just write? What??? O.o I dont even...Resto shaman worst healer? They have been like among top, if not #1 for multiple seasons, including this one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Rsham and MW Monks require the least amount of effort to heal.

Rshams place a healing stream totem which heals for 20-25k every second, combined with their hots and earths .hield and kitability makes them a really strong healer.

MW Monks just spam orbs and put up a hot once in awhile while running all over the map. Healing wise they're probably the strongest because of orbs, but CC-wise they might be lacking.

Rdruids are strong as well because of their hots, mobility and especially the CC and CC avoidability.

Hpaladins are meh. They have strong instant heals, have good utility but lack in the CC and CC avoidability department.

(holy)priests are good in certain comps. RMP and Beast cleave. Their burst healing is great, but they seem to lack consistent healing and are relatively weak to CC.

Anything but shaman really, maybe not druid either. Sure they are the strongest, and I daresay shamans will still be in WoD.

But seeing you're used to playing a tank, a shaman just gets zerged and zerged, and is obv, not a tank. And druids are easy to swap to too. Monks the other healers are less targeted, and if so have better ways to cope with it.

In terms of fun I would go shaman or priest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shaman and Monk is honestly sounding the most fun. I htink I'll go with one of those.
    my SWTOR referal link:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    What...What...What did you just write? What??? O.o I dont even...Resto shaman worst healer? They have been like among top, if not #1 for multiple seasons, including this one...
    The worst from the survivability part. The worst for random BGs. I think that op wants to heal BGs, so i suggest him to avoid Resto shaman, if not focusing on Arena, when resto can shine and can be on top. But in a BGs you will die as a resto shaman, you will die a lot. If you get trained there is not much you can do: no defensive CDs, nothing. As a Monk you can easily escape, avoid dmg when stuned and so on, as a Priest or Paladin you can tank, as Resto Druid you can do whatever you want to I gave up on my resto shaman for bGs, i have much better survivability on my elemental off spec when trained and this is not a joke. O, and i don't find resto shaman to be fun. Messing with Earth shiled and mastery could be a real pain ...
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2014-05-07 at 03:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The worst from the survivability part. The worst for random BGs. I think that op wants to heal BGs, so i suggest him to avoid Resto shaman, if not focusing on Arena, when resto can shine and can be on top. But in a BGs you will die as a resto shaman, you will die a lot. If you get trained there is not much you can do: no defensive CDs, nothing. As a Monk you can easily escape, avoid dmg when stuned and so on, as a Priest or Paladin you can tank, as Resto Druid you can do whatever you want to I gave up on my resto shaman for bGs, i have much better survivability on my elemental off spec when trained and this is not a joke. O, and i don't find resto shaman to be fun. Messing with Earth shiled and mastery could be a real pain ...
    Granted i'm only lvl21, but I already see how roll gets me away from the pesky melee classes. I wouldn't like not having that.
    my SWTOR referal link:

If you enjoy random BGs, go monk or druid. Both excel in mobility, which is king when you don't have a pillar to hide behind.

In case you pick druid, you can easily level with cloth heirlooms. If you pick monk, you can also heal random dungeons with cloth heirlooms up to 85, but it will be slower than quests.

First of all. Yes maybe in a 1v2 or sometimes 1v1 *cough* DKs *cough* But in a 5v5 or a 10v10? Take pve for an example. Resto shamans have the most powerfull CDs in the game. Ascendance makes youre healing spread. aka spam GHW and the whole raid will be topped. Spirit link? guardian angel for the entire group standing inside it. And healing tide totem is a tranquillty you dont have to cast. And all of these applies to a team fight in a BG, maybe ascendance has a bit reduced effect. But spirint link and healing tide totem. And just generally shamans can push out healing a monk cant dream off. A buffed up GHW can easily crit 2-300k on a low target.

Yes a monk has great survivablility, and their 1v1 might be strong. But unless youre planning on doing random BGs for the rest of your life. Shaman is a good choice. It might be a bit tough at first, but as soon as you enter arenas(3s) and RBGs, you will shine. A lot. If not shaman, druid is the #1 or #2 healer.

This is the top rankings in EU in 3s
    - http://fotm.eu/

As you can see, its rdruids and rshamans.

Resto Shaman: the best healer right now.
    ^ Fixed.

Basically play anything except paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    druid or shaman are pretty much the best 2 healers at the minute with shamans having a wider variety of comps available to them at the minute for 3v3.
    ^true

How are priest?
    We are decent.... we have like 2 comps to play (beastcleave/turbocleave)
    Sadly on the other comps you can just replace us with a druid/shaman and you have a better setup.

@OP, you haven't actually said what kind of pvp you're looking to heal. Most recommendations would depend on whether you're doing mostly random battlegrounds, rated, 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5.

If you're doing randoms I'd definitely recommend a druid:
    - lots of hots, so you're harder to interrupt / silence
    - great runners (cat form -> dash, displacer beast, travel form, aquatic form + swim speed, etc)
    - good defensives (bear form, Incarnation, barkskin, ironskin, renewal)
    - roots, cyclone, ursol's vortex, typhoon, hibernate (ferals, hunter pets)

Pretty hard to beat without an organised team, IMO