Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Shamans definitely before Malkorok.

And I'd suggest the strat we use for Shamans. One of your bears and the druid down at bottom for Kardris. The rest of the raid up top with Haromm. Kardris bugs out because she doesn't have any more iron prison targets after it's on both of the people in range. The resto druid just needs to barkskin himself and ironbark the tank whenever prison is about to go off (in case the tank doesn't do it himself).

Up top, the whole raid stacks together while the tanks stack up the walls, so your resto shaman should be able to solo heal it. Just need to move together to stack up the tombs and have the person with foul stream run out.

It seriously trivializes the fight. Search for "heroic shamans kill 8/2 strat" if you want to watch the video I found that convinced me to give it a try for our team.

Good luck.

For the 8/2 tactic with 8 people upstairs with Haromm - how do you handle the green slimes from Kardris at the bottom? I can't find a video showing it from the perspective of someone at the bottom. I assume the slimes are not killed as there's no ranged dps to kill them so instead they are kited all the time. How do you not get overrun with them? Is it just the case of constantly being on the run?

Deleted
    Ur problem is that its really hard to deal with the prisons on dark shamans, even tho u have a paladin who can BoP 1 of the persons who gets it, so i'd suggest malkorok and try to come back to dark shamans later on. and just try to progress on malkorok. it isn't a really hard fight imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Shamans is mostly avoidable damage, with some CDs needed for a couple things. The only unavoidable damage is the Fallen Ash, Iron Prison, and the Toxic Mist debuffs

Malk, you CAN have druids solo soak the Blood Rage. They have to have Rooks trinket, and the rotation will be something like Trinket+Might of Ursoc (Glyphed, rotate your bears so each one gets a blood rage) +Barkskin, and use Survival Insticts when theres 12 seconds of the Blood Rage left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

For the 8/2 tactic, we have a monk tank and a disc priest down there. The Monk mostly just kites the adds and the healer needs to stay away from them while doing the occasional mind sear to help AoE them down. That with the Monk barrel toss AoE thing they do will slow them and get them down eventually. Your bear may need to do things differently since he doesn't have a solid ranged AoE attack (I don't think). But killing them is not a priority. Just kiting and staying alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbiter View Post
    For the 8/2 tactic with 8 people upstairs with Haromm - how do you handle the green slimes from Kardris at the bottom? I can't find a video showing it from the perspective of someone at the bottom. I assume the slimes are not killed as there's no ranged dps to kill them so instead they are kited all the time. How do you not get overrun with them? Is it just the case of constantly being on the run?
    Can't post links yet, but search youtube for "chris heroic 10m kor'kron darm shaman" to see a video from this perspective (disc priest)

dark shamans are ez mode with 3 tanks..

Deleted
    The 8/2 tact on Shamans really make the fight a joke. Any tank can do the tanking "down" with Kadris, just have a healer that can shield (pala, priest). When I did it in 10man we had a warrior and a disc priest down there, the priest ran infront of the warrior and he just dropped the blobs wherever and stunned them. The key is to kite all the time and try staying out of Toxic Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Quesium View Post
    Ur problem is that its really hard to deal with the prisons on dark shamans, even tho u have a paladin who can BoP 1 of the persons who gets it, so i'd suggest malkorok and try to come back to dark shamans later on. and just try to progress on malkorok. it isn't a really hard fight imo.
    How is it hard? Every class gets a personal cooldown which will prevent them dying. If the pala stays holy he has absorbs, double BoP and double sac with the correct talent and glyph choices for ohshit moments. The only problem comes in when people don't avoid the bad, and thats nothing to do with comps. Do holy palas and disc's make it easier? Of course. Not having them is not an obstacle to killing this boss.

Regardless, Shamans are easier than Malk in my opinion.