Will the pvp patch be released/included with D3's console version?

I heard that patch 2.1 will add pvp to reaper of souls. Any news on whether the console version coming out will include this at release? I realize it was just announced but figured they might have touched on the topic beforehand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know where you've heard this but I've heard no new info concerning pvp at all? As far as I know 2.1 will include Endless Rifts and Seasons, and pretty sure it'll be added to the console version of D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    I heard that patch 2.1 will add pvp to reaper of souls.
    Maybe you are confusing with seasons/ladders. They have nothing to do with PvP.

To be honest, there is so much to deal with the game in current state that PvP is best to be on very low priority or completely discarded (immediate class balancing issues come to my mind, not counting the fact that game mechanics need to be completely changed for PvP).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVP would work if they added gear with flat out damage reduction like we had in D2. That was the only reason it worked there too. People rocked their Vamp Gaze, Shaftstop, and Stormshield etc for the cap of 75% DR.

That or they could just add a flat DR to pvp in game. It's too bad we'll never get it. I loved the old videos they showed off with their arenas and 2v2s. It looked really fun