10+ Year Old Account

Mental Quickness?

I saw a tweet on twitter about the new compiled information about Shaman on wowhead, so I went to read up about them again and to my dismay I found this:
    Mental Quickness
    Requires Shaman (Enhancement)
    Requires level 10
    Your spell power is now equal to 65% of your attack power, and you no longer benefit from other sources of spell power.

Your instant spells and totems cost 75% less mana and your shock spells cost 90% less mana.

Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to immediately restore 5% of your mana.

Build 16837
    had been changed to:
    Mental Quickness
    Requires Shaman (Enhancement)
    Requires level 10
    Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to immediately restore 5% of your mana.

Build 18125
    Is this a datamining error? Am I going crazy? I don't see any other changes compensating us on this fact, and I checked Retribution (also has an attack power to spell power conversion passive) and theirs hasn't been changed or removed... is our scaling getting nerfed?

I know it's just the testing phases, but if we lost Mental Quickness you can say goodbye to competitive Enhancement DPS because our scaling wouldn't be worth a damn.

Does anybody have any clarification?

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/30814-mental-quickness

All of the auras are still there. AP->SP is now 130% instead of 65% (compensation for only getting 1 AP per 1 AGI in WoD).

I'd think they somehow got it messed with Primal Wisdon, which is right below with exactly the same effect, also an enh passive. Probably after going through WoD tool tips they typed the content of one passive twice, filling it into two passives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I highly doubt that's blizz intent. If that's all true, dual weild sp daggers will make a comeback.

Lots of tooltip bugs and such on alpha, don't worry. Considering stuff is converted to your spec and non-healers/casters might NOT benefit from intellect like agility users will no longer benefit from strength then this passive's spell power conversion might not be needed anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys, the sky is not falling.

• Each point of Agility or Strength now grants 1 Attack Power (down from 2). All other sources of Attack Power now grant half as much as before.
    • Weapon Damage values on all weapons have been reduced by 20%.
    • Attack Power now increases Weapon Damage at a rate of 1 DPS per 3.5 Attack Power (up from 1 DPS per 14 Attack Power).
    • Attack Power, Spell Power, or Weapon Damage now affect the entire healing or damage throughput of player spells.

Before:
    Agi/AP = 2
    AP = 1
    AP/WD = 1/14
    MQ = 0.65%

After:
    Agi/AP = 1
    AP = 0.5
    AP/WD = 1/3.5
    MQ = 0.30%

Basically a 16% reduction in effectiveness for spell power-based abilities via Mental Quickness if my math is correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Basically a 16% reduction in effectiveness for spell power-based abilities via Mental Quickness if my math is correct...
    Hmm?

MoP:
    1 AGI = 2 AP = 1.3 SP (2 * 0.65)

WoD:
    1 AGI = 1 AP = 1.3 SP (1 * 1.30)
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2014-05-13 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Hmm?

MoP:
    1 AGI = 2 AP = 1.3 SP (2 * 0.65)

WoD:
    1 AGI = 1 AP = 1.3 SP (1 * 1.30)
    Why is it 0.65 instead of 1.65?

Why is it 0.65 instead of 1.65?
    because 100% is the same as multiplying by 1, so 65% = 0.65 and 130% = 1.3

Also, I think that this is something that can be easily changed during the tunning pass, so we should wait for the tests to start and gather data to back our feedback.

Anyway, they said they would merge passives together to remove spellbook clutter, I think this is reflection of that.
    Last edited by Lavindar; 2014-05-13 at 01:23 AM.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    because 100% is the same as multiplying by 1, so 65% = 0.65 and 130% = 1.3

Also, I think that this is something that can be easily changed during the tunning pass, so we should wait for the tests to start and gather data to back our feedback.

Anyway, they said they would merge passives together to remove spellbook clutter, I think this is reflection of that.
    Ah... but MQ is going from 0.65% to 0.30%, I don't understand where the '1' is coming from. If it were 1.3, shouldn't it also be 1.65? And besides, you innately have 0% spell power gain, so it should be 0.65 (65%) and 0.30 (30%), not 1.65 or 1.30... :S

Ah... but MQ is going from 0.65% to 0.30%, I don't understand where the '1' is coming from. If it were 1.3, shouldn't it also be 1.65? And besides, you innately have 0% spell power gain, so it should be 0.65 (65%) and 0.30 (30%), not 1.65 or 1.30... :S
    First of all Lavindar is referring to the fact the Pallys are getting a 2x bonus to their SP from sword and guarded by the light and that if we get the same bonus then it would be 1.3. Secondly if we are to get 0.3 then I presume it's because of the new SP mechanic in WoD and should that happen then I'm fine with it. But at the same time if this is mistake or bull crap form blizz and our dps will suffer for it then that's a reason for uproar but hopefully it would not come to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by withoutaname View Post
    I highly doubt that's blizz intent. If that's all true, dual weild sp daggers will make a comeback.
    Now all we need is stealth like an astral phase and we'll be spell rouges TROLOLOLOLOL
    Last edited by Goradan; 2014-05-13 at 12:00 PM.

It's going from 65% to 130%.

Does anybody have any clarification?
    The developers have said, several times, that changes to power and stuff on alpha were to get into "the right ballpark" for testing rotation changes. They have not even touched numbers. That comes later, around the time of the beta, and *THAT* is the point where you can meaningfully say that something is good, bad, or whatever.

It is especially way too early to complain about possible scaling issues, given those are all about numbers, *and* numbers over time, so much, much further down the tree.

This is the time to think about the rotation changes, and give feedback on those: lightning bolt on the move is a great thing to complain about, lightning bolt damage is not. Focus on the rotation, and assume that it does appropriate amounts of damage overall, one way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    The developers have said, several times, that changes to power and stuff on alpha were to get into "the right ballpark" for testing rotation changes. They have not even touched numbers. That comes later, around the time of the beta, and *THAT* is the point where you can meaningfully say that something is good, bad, or whatever.

It is especially way too early to complain about possible scaling issues, given those are all about numbers, *and* numbers over time, so much, much further down the tree.

This is the time to think about the rotation changes, and give feedback on those: lightning bolt on the move is a great thing to complain about, lightning bolt damage is not. Focus on the rotation, and assume that it does appropriate amounts of damage overall, one way or another.
    I'm not complaining about it. Mental Quickness is as big as a 'mechanic' for Enhancement as Lightning Bolt on the move is for Elemental. I was simply looking for clarification on what's happening with it.