Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    For being a fucking rapper? I'm gay, so most likely...mmm no, that erases any privilege I would have. A white straight male, is more likely to make it in rap, than a gay, half black guy.
    Yeah but you're more likely to succeed than a transexual asian

You fail to grasp something here.

He is speaking about a small niche, rap. I am talking about the country as a whole, the people in general, very very very wide general things, that are easy to see, things that tend to matter more to the majority of the population. Not something so tiny, so small, so rare to even happen to the average person.

It's like saying "and you have a better chance at becoming a billionaire, check your privilege!" this is technically true, but it's a stupid fucking point because billionaires are far and few between and it's a small niche group that in no way pertains much to this conversation, or many of my points.

- - - Updated - - -

For being a fucking rapper? I'm gay, so most likely...mmm no, that erases any privilege I would have. A white straight male, is more likely to make it in rap, than a gay, half black guy.
    I'm not talking about being gay, I'm talking about being black. You have BLACK privilege in the rap game, being gay may make things tougher for you, but that's not what I'm asking. Also that'd mean someone can't have white privilege if they're gay wouldn't it?

Your privilege level is SHITLORD with a score of 195

WOOOOO!!!!

Seriously though I hope none of these so called "social justice" crusaders get any sort of footing in the real world. Privilege checking and all that other BS should just be left on tumbler where it belongs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Seriously though I hope none of these so called "social justice" crusaders get any sort of footing in the real world. Privilege checking and all that other BS should just be left on tumbler where it belongs.
    There's the good 'social justice crusaders' and then there are those who take it way to far.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    Feels good to unintentionally and indirectly suppress everyone else! BASK IN MY PRIVILEGE!
    One day we will have an empire again, and when that day comes we will have it all. The world, the privilege and by god we will have the tea and biscuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yeah but you're more likely to succeed than a transexual asian
    Everyone is more likely to succeed than a transsexual asian, for the main stream anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I'm not talking about being gay, I'm talking about being black. You have BLACK privilege in the rap game, being gay may make things tougher for you, but that's not what I'm asking. Also that'd mean someone can't have white privilege if they're gay wouldn't it?
    I have black privilege in the rap game? I'm gay, so a white straight person would have it better.

Though you could say a gay white person wouldn't, but then again the only popular gay rapper who was signed who makes okay music, that I know of, is actually white.

Deleted
    I have black privilege in the rap game? I'm gay, so a white straight person would have it better.
    You can't say that because one privilege you have is lesser than an unrelated privilege belonging to another that your privilege isn't a thing or that it holds no significance. Otherwise Trans people would really be the only ones actually able to call out people on privilege.

Though you could say a gay white person wouldn't, but then again the only popular gay rapper who was signed who makes okay music, that I know of, is actually white.
    Yes, you have black privilege in the rap game. Please check it. The other part is funny, the only popular (subjective) gay rapper who was signed who makes okay music (subjective), that I know of (meaningless), is actually white. You're really stretching on that bit.

Wait...are people actually saying "You have black privilege in a niche like rap music!" like that's in any way (accurate or if it were true) comparable to white people having White Privilege for 99% of everything else in life? Talk about grasping for straws with false equivalencies.

LOL @ The hoops that Reality Deniers will jump through these days.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-05-14 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Wait...are people actually saying "You have black privilege in a niche like rap music!" like that's in any way (accurate or) comparable to white people having White Privilege for 99.9% of everything else in life? Talk about grasping for straws with false equivalencies. LOL! The Hoola-hoops that the reality deniers go through...
    I think (although I may have lost track of the discussion) that the point of bringing up rap music was to demonstrate that all groups have their privileges or something like that. Not that the privileges are in any way equal.

Wait...are people actually saying "You have black privilege in a niche like rap music!" like that's in any way (accurate or) comparable to white people having White Privilege for 99.9% of everything else in life? Talk about grasping for straws with false equivalencies.

You can't see your black privilege because all that privilege blinds you to that fact. Your ignorance is caused by black privilege.

Wait...are people actually saying "You have black privilege in a niche like rap music!" like that's in any way (accurate or if it were true) comparable to white people having White Privilege for 99% of everything else in life? Talk about grasping for straws with false equivalencies.

So you don't think you have black privilege in rap?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You can't see your black privilege because all that privilege blinds you to that fact. Your ignorance is caused by black privilege.

Um...who says I'm black? I mean cyber-arms aside, I'd love to be as ripped as my avatar. But let's not treat it like it's a self portrait.

- - - Updated - - -

So you don't think you have black privilege in rap?
    That's not really the point of my post. Try grabbing the higher fruit.

Um...who says I'm black?

- - - Updated - - -

Your post was addressing my point. I'm asking you if you think that point is false.

Um...who says I'm black? I mean cyber-arms aside, I'd love to be as ripped as my avatar. But let's not treat it like it's a self portrait.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, just wanted to make sure you know how it feels. :b

Kind of sad everyone is using a parody quiz site and then using the results to attack the idea of privilege because "look how unreasonable this is".

Your post was addressing my point. I'm asking you if you think that point is false.
    Swing and a miss. My post was inquiring about a false equivalency. And since you weren't the only person talking about rap music, it wasn't specifically addressing your post.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, just wanted to make sure you know how it feels. :b
    How what feels?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kind of sad everyone is using a parody quiz site and then using the results to attack the idea of privilege because "look how unreasonable this is".
    Hey...whatever grants a distraction from reality, I guess. No matter how desperate it comes across as.

Swing and a miss. My post was inquiring about a false equivalency. And since you weren't the only person talking about rap music, it wasn't specifically addressing your post.

- - - Updated - - -

How what feels?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey...whatever helps them deflect from reality.

"You disagreeing with me telling you you're a privileged asshole just proves that you're a privileged asshole."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post

No one needs to attack idea of privilege using anything. It attacks itself.

- - - Updated - - -

How what feels?
    Well nobody is saying having a black privilege in rap is equal to anything, we're saying (or at least I am) that it's a privilege. This means black privilege is a thing. Do you disagree that black people have black privilege in rap?

No one needs to attack idea of privilege using anything. It attacks itself.
    If I said "growing up rich gives you certain expectations and life experiences that people who did not grow up rich don't share" would you find a problem with that?

Well nobody is saying having a black privilege in rap is equal to anything, we're saying (or at least I am) that it's a privilege. This means black privilege is a thing. Do you disagree that black people have black privilege in rap?
    Since it's mostly run by and kept afloat by white people, "no."
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-05-14 at 03:41 PM.