Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I'm intruiged as to how we're going to be balanced in WoD, compared to ending both Wrath and MoP above 50% crit chance :/
    Well Bloodthirst crit is changing as well.

Deleted
    Have I missed something?!

Deleted
    Lol, that dps ranking chart seems like something made in photoshop and nothing close to legit at all, where's the Brewmaster Monks on that chart?? They should in fact be there if that chart should be anything close to legit.

Deleted
    Just read the BT change, don't see how that helps us at higher gear levels? I'm kinda out of the loop with 6.0 changes at the moment

Just read the BT change, don't see how that helps us at higher gear levels? I'm kinda out of the loop with 6.0 changes at the moment
    I wouldn't even bother trying to piece the puzzle of alpha notes together until we're decently into raid testing.

Deleted
    It comes across as a tiny bit better than just doubling BTs chance,

25% becomes 44% with current scaling
    25% becomes 52% with new scaling

45% becomes 84% with current scaling
    45% becomes 75% with new scaling

I guess their plan was to make low end better and less RNG dependent but then end game struggles? Doesn't that just heavily devalue Mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    I wouldn't even bother trying to piece the puzzle of alpha notes together until we're decently into raid testing.
    Yeah my head hurts, fuck this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqanton View Post
    Lol, that dps ranking chart seems like something made in photoshop and nothing close to legit at all, where's the Brewmaster Monks on that chart?? They should in fact be there if that chart should be anything close to legit.
    Yes, because it would make the chart legit to include a spec that is woefully broken in simcraft. They aren't included because we haven't coded them to a point where the information would be reliable.

( Btw, it's only the relative difference between the left/right chart that's important in this current discussion. )

It comes across as a tiny bit better than just doubling BTs chance,

25% becomes 44% with current scaling
    25% becomes 52% with new scaling

45% becomes 84% with current scaling
    45% becomes 75% with new scaling

I guess their plan was to make low end better and less RNG dependent but then end game struggles? Doesn't that just heavily devalue Mastery?
    U forgot crit suppression there. 45% would become 72%. But u're correct, at some point the current mechanic will become better, they actually become equal at 33% pre-crit suppression and any crit beyond that will make old mechanic better. I've mentioned this multiple times before, and I think they should increase the static value to 40% just to remain some of it's value through the entire expansion.
    Last edited by Juni; 2014-05-16 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Yes, because it would make the chart legit to include a spec that is woefully broken in simcraft. They aren't included because we haven't coded them to a point where the information would be reliable.

( Btw, it's only the relative difference between the left/right chart that's important in this current discussion. )
    Don't feed the trolls after midnight dude!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah my head hurts, fuck this.
    Basically.
    I wouldn't say struggles, but they don't want it to be as reliable at the end.
    Keep in mind, with the larger picture and Crit being so devalued, it isn't as bad (dps wise) as it may seem, but I too am not a fan because I like moving from unreliable - reliable towards the end.
    This essentially puts us in T15 levels for eternity.

Deleted
    Affliction on the Bottom of the pack shows that the Simdps list is very trustworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Lastig View Post
    Affliction on the Bottom of the pack shows that the Simdps list is very trustworthy
    Do you actually play warlock or are u just saying that because u've heard it's op?

Because from what I've been told by several top tier warlocks affli is actually the worst singletarget spec of all 3. It just looks amazing due to cd stacking/soulswap trick.

And not all specs/classes are as well maintained as the warrior module in SimCraft.
    Last edited by Juni; 2014-05-16 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Do you actually play warlock or are u just saying that because u've heard it's op?

Because from what I've been told by several top tier warlocks affli is actually the worst singletarget spec of all 3. It just looks amazing due to cd stacking/soulswap trick.

And not all specs/classes are as well maintained as the warrior module in SimCraft.
    All Warlock specs range from very good to amazing. That said, if Iron Juggernaut logs are any indication, Affliction is one of the top 2 or 3 best single target specs in the game. Soulswap is what allows Affliction to parse well above 1 million DPS on Protectors though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    All Warlock specs range from very good to amazing. That said, if Iron Juggernaut logs are any indication, Affliction is one of the top 2 or 3 best single target specs in the game. Soulswap is what allows Affliction to parse well above 1 million DPS on Protectors though.
    I guess, but how much of that fantastic dps is actually just cds/procs in the beginning though? :P Not that this discussion matters at all x)

Quote Originally Posted by Lastig View Post
    It shows that the affliction action list needs love, nothing more. I program the warrior stuff, not the warlock stuff.

For an example of how accurate it is for fury. Here are the top 5% parses on IJ:

Then, I ran a simulation with an average boss fight of 3 minutes and 50 seconds (Similar to IJ), varied the length by 5%, with berserker stance giving a bunch of rage for 30 seconds (Transition phase).

Now, take into account that the top 5% of parses on IJ include players that have ilevels ranging from 576-581, which can swing dps by 40k. The following picture is absolute BIS.

Considering that the top 5% of parses include players in less than BIS, and that even the top 5% of players play lazy occasionally, that's insanely on point for fury.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-05-17 at 03:27 AM.

Deleted
    Tried simming in full HC WF BiS (588,5 ilvl), got the following results:

Baseline with DS/DS, STR flask and food

With DS/DS, mastery food and crit elixir

With WS/WS, mastery food and crit elixir

With DS/WS, mastery food and crit elixir

With WS/DS, mastery food and crit elixir

So roughly 2k increase to use Mango Ice and Mad Hozen over str flask/food

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Tried simming in full HC WF BiS (588,5 ilvl), got the following results:

Baseline with DS/DS, STR flask and food

With DS/DS, mastery food and crit elixir

With WS/WS, mastery food and crit elixir

With DS/WS, mastery food and crit elixir

With WS/DS, mastery food and crit elixir

So roughly 2k increase to use Mango Ice and Mad Hozen over str flask/food
    Yep gotta get on that .4% increase in damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post

Just curious why prot warrior is below prot paladin on dps ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Don't think sim-c models vengance realistically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Ok so for the answer we all care about

Will 5.4.8 change our BIS at all

- - - Updated - - -

Oh fuck me this is actually the optimal flask now isn't it
    I was thinking belt, due to hit being covered by other pieces that are upgraded, but turns out changing belt and a few gems was a 500DPS loss. Not much really changing really.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Action list that attempts to maximize survival rather than dps, most likely. The default boss hitting the tanks doesn't hit very hard either, so they don't have a lot of vengeance.