Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How am I supposed to answer to rogues?

Their opener subterfuge+stuns usually take me to around 30% hp, I'm stunned all this time.

If I trinket it they just vanish and repeat. If I bubble it they just vanish and repeat. Constantly slowed or stunned and they basically just dodge/CoS every single of my abilities.

This is so frustrating, the only thing I can do is stun them and bubblerun myself out of combat. Which rarely works either.
    Last edited by Deztru; 2014-05-27 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess you're a paladin.

As ret you can just BoP their opener and they'll be fucked if they used Shadow Dance. SBlades will still go through, but shouldn't be able to kill you.

You could also trinket opener, blind them, expect trinket into full HoJ into wings. Once they're out of your stun they'll be at around 30-40% hp depending if they had feint up after which they will most likely vanish away, recuperate and wait for CDs.

Once he opens on you again you can BoP it and HoJ him again for the kill. If he isn't dead by then you'll be in trouble since you wont have trinket, bubble or anything else up. So basically you have to kill them in the first 2 minutes or you're dead.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2014-05-27 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post

As ret you can just BoP their opener and they'll be fucked if they used Shadow Dance. SBlades will still go through, but shouldn't be able to kill you.

You could also trinket opener, blind them, expect trinket into full HoJ into wings. Once they're out of your stun they'll be at around 30-40% hp depending if they had feint up after which they will most likely vanish away, recuperate and wait for CDs.

Once he opens on you again you can BoP it and HoJ him again for the kill. If he isn't dead by then you'll be in trouble since you wont have trinket, bubble or anything else up. So basically you have to kill them in the first 2 minutes or you're dead.
    I'll try these, by BoP I guess you mean HoP?

Deleted
    rogues burst is insane at the moment, started pvping on my rogue recently and got some prideful and was surprised how many people i could kill in an opener with half greiv and half prideful

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, Hand of Protection. Basically you can't expect to survive rogue CDs without using CDs yourself. It's something I've been learning for some time now is that nowadays you really have to respect the enemy's CDs by using your own CDs unless you managed to do some clutch shit like HoJing the rogue's dance or blinding the rogue's dance.

I do suggest to try the second tactic by trinketing into blind. Even if he doesn't trinket your blind, you effectively stopped his burst after which you can HoJ him to do damage.

And if the rogue doesn't trinket blind, don't use your burst yet. Just pop guardian and HoJ him. He will maybe trinket that, and if he doesn't and decides to vanish OR evasion, try to kite him around with your judgment and freedom.

Basically, if it's arena, you -might- be able to kill a rogue 1v1 if you play it right and if you have the Divine Protection glyph. You want to heal yourself as much as you can as well.

If it's a BG it might be more difficult cause rogues can just reset the fight completely and fight someone else, but rogues in BGs usually don't have a brain and trinket the first blind you throw at them, after which you can HoJ them.

Do remember though that rogues can also cloak of shadows while in the opener and negate your blind. If you KNOW he has cloak up, don't waste your blind and trinket and instead BoP yourself.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2014-05-27 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    rogues burst is insane at the moment, started pvping on my rogue recently and got some prideful and was surprised how many people i could kill in an opener with half greiv and half prideful
    I must be doing something wrong, I'm almost full prideful and i barely have any energy starting off with subterfuge.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

I just got my rogue to 90. Which specc are you using?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    I must be doing something wrong, I'm almost full prideful and i barely have any energy starting off with subterfuge.
    You might be using your burst wrong. For instance, your burst comes from eviscerates primarily. Don't spam ambushes when it's not necessary. Blades is also a huge deal to your burst.

Most rogues' their openers consist of shadow blades alone. They usually pre med > SnD > Cheap Shot > Rupture > Ambush/Backstab > Eviscerate > MFD Eviscerate OR they Kidney Shot first into MFD Eviscerate.

You might be using your burst wrong. For instance, your burst comes from eviscerates primarily. Don't spam ambushes when it's not necessary. Blades is also a huge deal to your burst.

Most rogues' their openers consist of shadow blades alone. They usually pre med > SnD > Cheap Shot > Rupture > Ambush/Backstab > Eviscerate > MFD Eviscerate OR they Kidney Shot first into MFD Eviscerate.
    Thanks! Got my rotation fixed.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Also you generally never Ambush unless you're in shadow dance. Backstab instead.

As a paladin vs rogues? Reroll holy. They'll still be able to get you down to 30-40% in the opener, but short of 60% dampening debuff they'll never actually kill you. ;]

As retri, I don't think you can beat a half-decent rogue unless you just outgear him a lot, and even a crap geared rogue will be able to escape easily.

Deleted
    Besides the fact that Rogues are capable of dishing out insane damage at this point (I guess they really scale well with gear?), you are playing the class and spec that is possibly the worst in 1v1 pvp situations.

Practice, practice some more and keep someone close to you to help you out is my advice.

Ret has it pretty easy against rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    You mean how many people you could kill in a random BG in an opener. Not hard to do when it's full of boosted 90s and horrible players. My rogue is barely full grievous and I can drop people without batting an eye.

However, in rated play with competent team mates, it's not happening.

This indeed. You basically have to be one step ahead of the rogue, which, in all honesty, isn't THAT hard to be, because they always have the same opening sequence. Just figure out how you can form a chain reaction to catch them, and make them run away. Then repeat when they come again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I'll try these, by BoP I guess you mean HoP?
    As Celestalon said: ppl still call it BoP even though it has been HoP for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    As Celestalon said: ppl still call it BoP even though it has been HoP for years.
    Idd, but they're terms that have existed for a long time. Same way how people still call the silence of counterspell "imp cs" AKA Improved Counterspell.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you answer a rogue?

Look him in the eye and say "Not today" (If your a hunter that is, other wise it seems to not go so good)

10+ Year Old Account
    If a rogue got you to 30% in the opener, it means he used some offensive cooldowns. Simply answer with one of your defensive cooldowns. Or, if you're in arena, call for peels from your friends. You can fear, typhoon, AoE stun (shockwave etc.) the rogue even though he is stealthed.

Ok, I have same problems here with Rogues. I am a Shadow Priest, I have very good pvp experience and I am in full Prideful gear. A well geared and experienced Rogue is able to kill me without me having the chance to cast more than a couple of instants. Their opener gets me to 40-50% of my Hp and when I use my Trinket and manage to get a fear all they have to do is trinket, blind me, wait to get out of combat and finish me of after they stealth again. I dispression their cloak of shadows and use my shadowfiend to keep dps on them but after that, they can vanish and start on me again. If I try to run away, they use sprint or teleport behind me...... It seems that my class has no chance on Rogues. I know the game is not balanced for 1v1 but it is just rediculous that in most of the times I can't even cast a thing.