Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Batman looks kind of fat in that picture.
    Actually, in the new movie he will be renamed Fatman.

Not sure why this hasn't made it to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah but I think you need to let go with your hatred of Frank Miller. I don't like him but don't start with him being a *Lol Batman fanboy*. That just isn't constructive. He's not here but it just makes you sound antaganostic.
    Nah. No can do sir. I simply have too much hate to let it go, no matter how antagonistic I sound. If he was a user of this forum I would stop saying he's a shit writer, but only because it would then be against the rules.

Even then I'm probably being a little unfair to him. I only truly think he's shit at writing Superman and Batman, and I'm not really that familiar with his other works. Normally, I wouldn't even care, but his story totally warps how many people view both Superman and Batman. In the words of Angry Joe, Miller portrays Superman as a government stooge. It's not just Superman though, Batman is portrayed as an absolute god that's always ready for everything, instead of as a normal man that's trying to walk in the same world as aliens, gods and cosmic entities. I feel it takes away from both of their characters, and it's lauded as this great Batman piece, while other, better Batman stories get ignored.

And that is why I say Miller is a shit writer, and I'm not gonna change; or at least not until the vast majority of Batman fans recognize TDKR as a piece of crap, which will never happen.

One-armed communist Green Arrow was great tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    *cries*
    *cries*
    *cries*
    *cries*
    *cries*

Do you people not remember what he did to Daredevil?
    I like Daredevil. Also let's be honest, most of you crybabies would have complained no matter how good or bad the movie is going turn out. You complain because the movie is going to be different from the previous trilogy not because of what the difference is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Nah. No can do sir. I simply have too much hate to let it go, no matter how antagonistic I sound. If he was a user of this forum I would stop saying he's a shit writer, but only because it would then be against the rules.

Even then I'm probably being a little unfair to him. I only truly think he's shit at writing Superman and Batman, and I'm not really that familiar with his other works. Normally, I wouldn't even care, but his story totally warps how many people view both Superman and Batman. In the words of Angry Joe, Miller portrays Superman as a government stooge. It's not just Superman though, Batman is portrayed as an absolute god that's always ready for everything, instead of as a normal man that's trying to walk in the same world as aliens, gods and cosmic entities. I feel it takes away from both of their characters, and it's lauded as this great Batman piece, while other, better Batman stories get ignored.

And that is why I say Miller is a shit writer, and I'm not gonna change; or at least not until the vast majority of Batman fans recognize TDKR as a piece of crap, which will never happen.
    I don't like Frank Miller's Batman but I do believe Batman is prepred for nearly everything(I did say nearly and that's key). He's not invincible though. I think it's fine that Batman can take him, that's not to say Superman is bad, in some ways they are equal. The problem is one has to know both characters and respect them but that's off topic. My only concern is if Synder does what he did to MoS(Breaks that you know what rule). Then I'll be legitimately angry with him(DIsappointed is what I was).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-05-17 at 07:59 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I would have to be paid to see that movie.
    Simply awful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't like Frank Miller's Batman but I do believe Batman is prepred for nearly everything(I did say nearly and that's key). He's not invincible though. I think it's fine that Batman can take him, that's not to say Superman is bad, in some ways they are equal. The problem is one has to know both characters and respect them but that's off topic. My only concern is if Synder does what he did to MoS(Breaks that you know what rule). Then I'll be legitimately angry with him(DIsappointed is what I was).
    If it's the Superman killing "rule," you know he's killed before, right?

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    He looks too muscular and bulky. I get they are going for a frank miller/dark knight returns look or some crap, but i'm not digging it. I like a more leaner, athletic, armored batman. I was thinking he'd have a high-tech suit in this movie. not this cloth or leather thing.
    This Batman is very lean. He's covered in veins, over his chest!
    Lean = very little to no fat.

This Batman is over the top though with the muscle mass, though.
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

My 1st thought is: "I wonder how much Photoshopping the studio did on that, to try and convince us Ben Affleck isn't lame".

My personal distaste for Affleck is enough that I'll be waiting for the internet critic opinions before I see this. (The ones that tend to share my tastes, mind)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    What exactly aren't you convinced about. He is going to play Batman, this is old news.
    Those of us with 2 or more brain cells are not convinced that this Batman movie wont be as terrible as Daredevil. Honestly I'd rather see Morgan Freeman play Batman then have Affleck fuck up another superhero movie with wooden acting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I like Daredevil. Also let's be honest, most of you crybabies would have complained no matter how good or bad the movie is going turn out. You complain because the movie is going to be different from the previous trilogy not because of what the difference is.
    If you like crap writing, wooden acting and cheesy 3rd rate special effects, then by all means, enjoy watching Daredevil. People will complain because its yet AGAIN taking a step backwards in the quality of Batman movies (and honestly, now is a REALLY bad time for DC to start gambling on movies)

10+ Year Old Account
    Are his veins popping up through the batsuit? isn't that suit some super advanced bulletproof Kevlar? I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous this us.
    Director: hmmmmm.... what will attract more customers to my shitty batman remake? Roided up batman of course! Everyone knows big muscles attract more viewers, it sure as hell worked for Pain and Gain.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it doesn't look too bad but I wish they didn't go with the short eared, fat logo Batman. It just looks ugly and sloppy to me. I like the more sleek, athletic Batman look. I can't help but call him the "fat" Batman because of how big his logo is and how beefy he is. Then there's the short ears, ugh, I hate this look. He might as well be Catman. I think my favorite Batman was actually the Batman from Arkham Origins. I loved that style more than any of the other Batmans. The Batmobile however looks pretty badass. If only Batfleck could look as badass.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    And here is Superman!