Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Last edited by thegoodrogue; 2014-05-14 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does this mean for ret exactly?

More utility in raids to justify their lack of damage

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What does this mean for ret exactly?
    well word of glory now heals for 60% (up from 30%)

Blizzard.. Full of trolls!

My Tweet worked!! https://twitter.com/SkilldotcomBL/st...50139317727233

Too bad it's too far in the patch/expack to change anything but at least I tried for the MMO-Champion Community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone done any tests to see how that works out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Anyone done any tests to see how that works out?
    Ya, helps you out um.. questing and um... healing a REAL DPS in PvP

Is this real life? Am I dreaming right now?! Ret actually is getting a buff?? Holy crap I thought it would never happen!

Seriously though, this is a needed change that should have happened a long time ago. Trading 3 holy power worth of dps for a 25k WoG was terrible.

Now if they only buffed Sword of Lights damage bonus by 5% I think things would be in a good place.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2014-05-15 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Is this real life? Am I dreaming right now?! Ret actually is getting a buff?? Holy crap I thought it would never happen!

Seriously though, this is a needed change that should have happened a long time ago. Trading 3 holy power worth of dps for a 25k WoG was terrible.
    What a shocker, a dps class complaining his self-heals(or healing in general) are weak. Even more of a shocker, a dps class complaining he has to give up dps to heal.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    What a shocker, a dps class complaining his self-heals(or healing in general) are weak. Even more of a shocker, a dps class complaining he has to give up dps to heal.
    I see a warrior/DK/warlock entered the paladin forums. Rets have one of the worse tradeoff between healing and dmg. a 25k WoG when you have 660k hp+ nowadays and ppl hit for way more then yes it's a peace of crap and was needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's weird is they didn't test this on PTR and hotfixed it. Maybe they realized how bad ret was doing in pvp and decided not to wait till 5.4.8 for a buff. I'm hoping more changes will come. We're far from being balanced. We still need higher damage outside of cooldowns and more (passive) survivability.

30% is really too little. At least on a pvp view.

Also rest need a small damage buff, like exorcism so they can keep up in damage and a pvp boost.

30% on wog is like super meh, better than nothing

Deleted
    Unless I'm missing something, this buff will do little to increase ret paladins survival in pvp, ofc a buff is nice but this is no game changer.

Ret paladin just does not have the same pressure or big damage that other classes have. If they buffed the damage part of the Sword of Light then we have something to talk about.

I'm actually a little surprised that ret damage was not also buffed, given that Blizzard recently acknowledged that ret dmg is lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to do much, it wont stop people from constantly training rets in arenas

Quote Originally Posted by Zeranox View Post
    I see a warrior/DK/warlock entered the paladin forums. Rets have one of the worse tradeoff between healing and dmg. a 25k WoG when you have 660k hp+ nowadays and ppl hit for way more then yes it's a peace of crap and was needed.
    Uh, I own neither of those characters, you sir, are funny.

The fact you have a tradeoff to begin with is an advantage over the other classes as is.

Repeat: A dps class complaining his heals are weak and that he has to trade dps to access healing.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Curious logic. I'm shocked that you drew a conclusion from this reasoning. Because a DPS can heal in no way implies that its heals are satisfactory. It's something known by paladins all expansion and Blizzard has finally acknowledged it. In your world, because a class can cast heals on itself/others, it has no right to complain, even if those heals effectively do nothing?

Uh, I own neither of those characters, you sir, are funny.

The fact you have a tradeoff to begin with is an advantage over the other classes as is.

Repeat: A dps class complaining his heals are weak and that he has to trade dps to access healing.
    Because Spriest, Ele/Enhance Sham, or dk have to exchange their primary dps abilities to heal......

oh wait, what do devouring plague, healing stream totem, wolves, and death strike do again?

Deleted
    Repeat: A dps class
    Correction, Retribution is a spec not a class.

The whole debate that Ret is bad/good in PvP is growing to be eternally pointless. Those who don't play Ret as main, or seriously, they think our whole argument is debunked by theoretical effectiveness. Cuz Ret seems amazing on paper, with all our utility, and cuz against them, Ret momentarily shines in duels, BGs, or the occasional arena match when the stars align. Those who main Ret, they know how broken the spec is. It's like we've been made masochists, so vehemently insisting on playing Ret.

This WoG buff makes it sound like Blizz knows we're in trouble. I dare say it won't make much of a difference. We'll see. I have yet to step into the arena to see if the entirety of my Holy Power being dumped into healing will actually prove effective now.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.