Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadoworx View Post
    Some insight on Jin'rokh:

In my pulls the best I managed was about 25%, but this was with mirror images. I tried subsequently with RoP to squeeze out more damage, and experimenting with every pet summoning trinket and weapon I had. This included C'thun and Yogg-Saron tentacles, Martar, the Terracotta Guardian, Abracadaver, and Shard of Azzinoth.

The tentacles would only hold him until they were killed, then he would reset immediately upon their deaths.

Martar and the Terracotta Guardian were one-shot as well, but instead the boss would death grip me while I was airborne. However, this resulted in the silence effect of being thrown persisting as I never impacted the ground as intended, which causes you to suffer 15 seconds worth of damage until the silence fell off on its own. Given that they have an hour cooldown, it's not worth it.

Abracadaver died from AoE damage. Summoning him 3 seconds before the throw would require me to mutilate my damage output in the seconds preceding the throw, which, at least in my 685 gear, I can't allow. Equipping the staff 3 seconds before would incur the normal 30 second switching cooldown.

Shard of Azzinoth, well, I couldn't get to proc. It requires some hefty luck, and mindless stabbing, and probably would end similar to the tentacles. His normal uptime is about 15-20 seconds which would not suffice if spawned on pull.

Images, while they don't reset the boss, will cause him to stand there evade bugged until your images fade on their own (minus the times where he targets you to tag you with an orb), for about 30 seconds. You could manage to play smart with the small windows of time where he allows you to attack while he casts orbs on you.

I didn't use health potions, and did this in arcane spec. I don't think frost has the boom needed, as your kill is going to mostly be revolving around using the pool and a crystal.
    If you are an engineer, Masterwork Target Dummy works, but it gets 1shotted by the lightning AoEs so land it in a safe place.

However, Jin'Rok oftend teleports you right after the throw, and you end up at his feet, silenced for 10s, which often means death.

So after downing 5/12 with a friend (so he could hold the lockout for me), went in to do Ji-Kun, all because I saw that you were able to do 10H. Mount drops first time, so now I never need to go back that deep (just Horridon for his mount later). Many thanks, Araitik! Keep updating my YT feed with stuff I can kill! <3
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    So after downing 5/12 with a friend (so he could hold the lockout for me), went in to do Ji-Kun, all because I saw that you were able to do 10H. Mount drops first time, so now I never need to go back that deep (just Horridon for his mount later). Many thanks, Araitik! Keep updating my YT feed with stuff I can kill! <3
    /me pitifully looks at his 157 LK25HC kills withtout Invincible drop

Care to share the luck ?

As for Horridon, got him to 30-something%, he hits quite hard and I didn't even deal with Ja'lak. It's probably doable but not with my gear.

Concerning videos, you shall be pleased soon

For Jin'rokh, use a Cardboard Assassin, not a masterwork target dummy. It has 74k health if I recall correctly, so you'd be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    For Jin'rokh, use a Cardboard Assassin, not a masterwork target dummy. It has 74k health if I recall correctly, so you'd be fine.
    5 min cooldown, and taunts target. Means Jin'rokh will 1 shot it before throwing you.

- - - Updated - - -

Council of Elders 10 Normal

Tortos 10 Normal

Megaera 10 Normal

Enjoy
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-04-04 at 12:41 PM.

It doesn't taunt raid bosses.

Congrats on the kills!

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    It doesn't taunt raid bosses.

Congrats on the kills!
    My bad ! I forgot that the only time I actually used it (Ultraxion pre-nerf) I used MI before Cardboard Assassin, so due to aggro loss the boss hit the CA before me.

I hope I get a better weapon next week and I'm off to try Jin'rokh again

Deleted
    During my Jin'rokh tries, I accessed the secret phase 2 that takes inspiration from heroic Sha of Fear...

Now I know where my images get sent to when I'm thrown against the statue.

Funnily enough, Jin'rokh struggled to catch up to me for some strange reason, but then I was killed by walking into the death zone on the trash preceding Horridon. Legit tactic confirmed?

EDIT: rekt m8

Done with 0% leech, instead taking advantage of the pool's healing increase and drinking a potion on there for ~50% health. Unfortunately I can't get leech without dropping 4set or a trinket. Opened the fight by hitting the crystal. By using the cooldowns as early as possible, it meant they were ready again (unglyphed AP and crystal) when he started to use lightning storm.
    Last edited by mmoc13b1d7a50d; 2015-04-04 at 05:42 PM.

EDIT: rekt m8

Done with 0% leech, instead taking advantage of the pool's healing increase and drinking a potion on there for ~50% health. Unfortunately I can't get leech without dropping 4set or a trinket. Opened the fight by hitting the crystal. By using the cooldowns as early as possible, it meant they were ready again (unglyphed AP and crystal) when he started to use lightning storm.
    Damn, I am so ashamed of myself. Stopped trying cause I thought I couldn't do it and you pull it off with 0 leech and 10 ilvl lower than me
    What did you use for the throw ? Do you have a vid ?

Anyway, great job

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Damn, I am so ashamed of myself. Stopped trying cause I thought I couldn't do it and you pull it off with 0 leech and 10 ilvl lower than me
    What did you use for the throw ? Do you have a vid ?

Anyway, great job
    I ran with images as I couldn't forsake any damage by swapping out gear (that's also why I decided to use tier legs instead of leech legs).

The trick is to never drop your charges so you can squeeze as much damage as you can while he is evade bugged. Popped images 2 seconds before the throw, and spammed arcane explosion to refresh charges and maybe get missiles. Then as I landed from the throw I blinked and PoM blasted to keep 4 charges running.

Then you watch the orb timer. A second after it reaches zero, begin casting (in the pool) and follow with missiles or supernova. Then exit the pool to drop the orb.
    Repeat until there are 3 dropped orbs, including the one just after you landed.

After the third orb you've got about 4 seconds to get into the pool and drink a healing potion, and hit time warp. Wait for the static burst, then ice block it off. I think you exit when the next orb hits you, then you can unload onto your crystal.

With my gear it required a lot of luck with 4pc procs and missiles, and even then it ended with me strafing away from him in desperation to whittle that last 5% down.

I'll try and fraps it next time.
    Last edited by mmoc13b1d7a50d; 2015-04-05 at 09:27 PM.

Never ever ever EVER EVER again I'm soloing this one.

EVER. (Edit : took me 70 pulls)

Primordius 10 Normal

Oh I hate RNG bosses.

Primordius is easy : it's all about good kiting and DPS. Problem is that DPS depends on which buffs you get. And even if you have the good buffs, you can wipe if you have bad crit / proc luck, or Primordius gets the bad evolves first and destroys you.

Basic guidelines :

- The absolute minimum is 2 mastery buffs. 3 is even better. If you don't have this, reset and retry.
    - Spec in Blazing speed and glyph Rapid Displacement.
    - The best evolution Primordius can get first is Caustic Gas (like in this video), because you can blink out of it right before the cast finished and take 0 damage. Does 87k, so keep a blink charge for it.
    - You can actually kill the boss much more faster than that, the only thing you need is a big Combustion. High mastery gear helps a lot.
    Enjoy
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-04-06 at 04:23 AM.

Deleted

All the celestials, beaten at one ilvl or another. Can be done way more smoothly, just wanted to show they're possible.

And a little 'nope' at the end. I mean, maybe, but that's so much effort.

i think you wanna have the life-leech trinket from SoO to solo stuff more efficiently

not sure tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Causese View Post
    i think you wanna have the life-leech trinket from SoO to solo stuff more efficiently

not sure tbh
    You can have leech on almost any WoD item, except crafted and 665 world drops

Deleted
    You can have leech on almost any WoD item, except crafted and 665 world drops
    There's very little information about leech beyond "it drops on stuff randomly". Do you have any farming tips?

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    There's very little information about leech beyond "it drops on stuff randomly". Do you have any farming tips?
    If you really want Leech, your best shot (by a large margin) is to roam the AH. As an example, there are currently 685 boots (trash loot from BrF) with 119 Leech at 11k gold on my server's AH. They are not BiS (far from it) but if you only need a bit of self-healing it's better than nothing.

If you don't have that kind of money, you can chain dungeons, do the garrison missions that reward crafts or do a raid.

But remember that at the end of the day, it's really random and really rare. It's a 1 in 4 stat proc, the proc itself being a 1 in 10 items (totally arbitrary, based on my estimations), for 40 items you'll loot only 1 will have Leech, and it will probably be a crappy item.

Deleted
    If you really want Leech, your best shot (by a large margin) is to roam the AH. As an example, there are currently 685 boots (trash loot from BrF) with 119 Leech at 11k gold on my server's AH. They are not BiS (far from it) but if you only need a bit of self-healing it's better than nothing.

If you don't have that kind of money, you can chain dungeons, do the garrison missions that reward crafts or do a raid.

But remember that at the end of the day, it's really random and really rare. It's a 1 in 4 stat proc, the proc itself being a 1 in 10 items (totally arbitrary, based on my estimations), for 40 items you'll loot only 1 will have Leech, and it will probably be a crappy item.
    That was pretty much my take, I thought I might be missing something.

Jesus, you must be dedicated to this. Mione should be watching his/her back.

Deleted

Hopefully that'll make it easier in mud-o-vision.

Took forever to kill him again cause apparently I got extremely lucky last time.

Hopefully that'll make it easier in mud-o-vision.

Took forever to kill him again cause apparently I got extremely lucky last time.
    Hold on. NPCs can attack Prismatic Crystal ?

Like this spell has been in the game for 6 months and I didn't know that ?

EDIT : okay no, Jin'rokh is just wierdly placed. Phew. I can breathe again.
    EDIT 2 : Great job btw, I discovered early the MI evade bug but thought it was a dead end, but you pushed it and that is great thinking. Hats off.

2 tips : You don't have to cast a full Evocation to get the T17 buff. You can start the cast and move/stopcast immediately for the same result in less time. Does not really matter here since you're using it pre-pull but when you enter conserve phase in combat, you generally want 1-2 Evo ticks, not the full cast.

Second, as said in this topic, you should get 4 Arcane charges before using PC. It should increase your DPS by a good chunk.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-04-09 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Hold on. NPCs can attack Prismatic Crystal ?

Like this spell has been in the game for 6 months and I didn't know that ?

EDIT : okay no, Jin'rokh is just wierdly placed. Phew. I can breathe again.
    EDIT 2 : Great job btw, I discovered early the MI evade bug but thought it was a dead end, but you pushed it and that is great thinking. Hats off.

2 tips : You don't have to cast a full Evocation to get the T17 buff. You can start the cast and move/stopcast immediately for the same result in less time. Does not really matter here since you're using it pre-pull but when you enter conserve phase in combat, you generally want 1-2 Evo ticks, not the full cast.

Second, as said in this topic, you should get 4 Arcane charges before using PC. It should increase your DPS by a good chunk.
    This was a special case.

I evocated the full duration so that the cooldown of evocation would already be ~5 seconds over, so I could evocate earlier when the burn came later.

For a similar reason, I opened with AP and Crystal because that was the only way I could assure they would be ready for the burn that came later. It was feasible that you could have pulled some trash down there with 4 charges, but I was too lazy to do so. It may reproduce some more consistent results if trinkets reset on pull.

Doing this fight as I would normally in a raid environment yielded poor results as his health when I was thrown would typically be around 80%.