10+ Year Old Account

Challenge mode information / possible required update for BiS

While this might seem like more of a 'general' thread i assumed i would post it here cause i'm more interested in how this could effect the elemental challenge mode best in slot list assuming this isnt taken into account already

So i've recently noticed that challenge modes actually have a secondary stat cap (excluding secondaries gained from gems)
    (values changed by legendary caster cloak vs legendary healing cloak inside challenge modes)
    http://i.imgur.com/dW8bv4g.png
    http://i.imgur.com/3oOxheI.png

in the first picture TeDs mastery value was 515
    in the second image TeDs mastery value was 532 with no changes other then the legenday cloaks

so by caring less about which items produce the most amount of haste/mastery aiming for an item set that hits the perfect amount of spirit required to meet hit while maintaining items that have haste/mastery on them might actually result in more haste/mastery. I've done no math on the current set or compared any other items not listed in an attempt to gain more stats yet but i just thought it would be interesting to play with if anyone has any input of course this would be an EXTREMELY minimal gain but in the spirit of min maxing!
    Last edited by Felocity; 2014-05-19 at 10:46 AM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

This is fairly obvious.

At 463 gear you can have, say, 20k secondeary stats.

If you're hit-capped, then you'll have (20k - 5.1k) split between haste, mastery and crit on the same proportion you originally had before entering the instance.
    Say you had m:h:c = 2.5:2.2:1, you'll get
    m = (20k - 5.1k)/(2.5+2.2+1) * 2.5
    h = (20k - 5.1k)/(2.5+2.2+1) * 2.2
    c = (20k - 5.1k)/(2.5+2.2+1) * 1

Since your *percentage* of hit is conserved when you enter the instance, the *amount* of points to hit that percentage is also reserved and deducted, so if you're above hit cap you'll lose stats because instead of (20k - 5.1k) it will be (20k - Y), where Y > 5.1k.

TL;DR: BiS gear has ALL the spirit pieces on the lowest ilvl possible, that is LFR. Then you can upgrade those to FINE TUNE your spell hit to reach exactly (or very very close) the hit cap.

IIRC upgrading the craft boots is like a 20 spirit gain, so it is really a fine tuning.

Every time I did a cmode, my hit and expertise percentages actually did drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    Every time I did a cmode, my hit and expertise percentages actually did drop.
    timeless isle gear, hc scenario bag loot and ToT bracers with random enchant expertise or hit mess with it.
    on those the stats are also "white" in stead of "green".

So does that mean that if you build your cmode sets from blue 463 gear, that it would leave your hit & expertise alone?