Poll: If someone gave you 100k gold in-game by accident, what would you do?

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Id return it, Id be worried of getting banhammered for gold buying.

Deleted
    Would give it back as im gold capped and the guy that sent it most likely has far less.

I received 50k once, guy forgot to change mail recipment in postal and there it went (he was CODing me ghost iron on a daily basis)

I did the exact same thing with spilling over-capped gold to alt and forgot to change destination, there goes my 200k. But guy was honest and returned it.

I did got scammed for 350,000 over supposed big blizzard bear trade in this expansion but that was another story, just my plain stupidity which hurted a bit. Might look like a giant pile of gold but its subjective, if i worked 5 years to stockpile it id propably quit wow at this point but as this was only about 10% of my gold, i'd got over it with a little grin on the face.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2014-05-22 at 10:48 PM.

keep it while laughing and calling him a dumbass
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    what the fuck are you talking about? where did i say i wouldn't return something in real life? if someone dropped their wallet in real life i would happily return it because real life money is miles more important than virtual WoW gold, its not a hard concept to grasp.
    Being an ass about petty things doesn't make you less of an ass. It makes you more of one, because for some reason you place an inordinate amount of value on something that's petty with the explicit intention of making someone else's day just that much worse.

It's like cheating while playing a boardgame with your little cousin so that you win. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Probably not. Does it make you an ass? It sure does.

"that guy cheats to win in board games with his little cousin"

"that guy got sent gold in WoW accidentally and ostensibly refused to give it back"

Both of those sound pretty sad.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.