Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you rage at a food joint when they run out of your favorite food?

For example, if you regularly ate at a local Subway, and they ran out of your favorite sandwich filling or bread one day, would you throw a tantrum or complain at the workers until you get what you want? I've seen some people get really angry over this in some news articles and videos, and am wondering if you do the same. Does it work for you or no if so?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. They are not obligated to have everything I want whenever I want. The worse thing that can happen is that I'll have to walk two blocks until the next Subway.

OMG pointless Salandrin thread? First!

Seriously though, no. Who does that? Places run out of things, and as long as its not something as ridiculous as Panera completely running out of bread, things happen. There are other items on the menu. I might have my favorite, but I am pretty flexible. That and what kind of person would yell at someone?

EDIT: Damn it, not first

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    For example, if you regularly ate at a local Subway, and they ran out of your favorite sandwich filling or bread one day, would you throw a tantrum or complain at the workers until you get what you want?
    Try thinking about what you're posting

Hell no. What do the minimum wage earning 'person who actually works' have to do with this. If I was seriously pissed about it enough to yell - I'm asking to see a manager to yell at, because in the end it was mismanagement that caused them to be out of something.

But seriously anyone that yells and gets pissed about one or two of your ingredients being out for your sandwich needs a reality check. First world problems.

Nope. I'm probably not the only one that orders said item on their menu, so I have to face that fact. I remember there was one point when I worked at Panera Bread and we ran out of Bread Bowls, then a male Volley Ball team decided to come in 5 minutes before we closed. We told one of them we were out and instead of taking our offers of free additions to an other meal, he decided to sit down with his team and pout. Full-blown, kindergarten bitch, pouting...from a grown fucking man...

Given the responses here, I wonder why people do whine then if it's not right. Also, this isn't limited just to restaurants. I've seen it in person with supermarkets. A customer was arguing with a clerk over the lack of a kind of meat.

No, i am not a child. If they are out of something - i just order the next best thing. If you are cool about ir, i have found them to be more aggreable and likely to give you extra of something, or a discount of some sort for the trouble.

I would much prefer that to throwing a tantrum.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    Nope. I'm probably not the only one that orders said item on their menu, so I have to face that fact. I remember there was one point when I worked at Panera Bread and we ran out of Bread Bowls, then a male Volley Ball team decided to come in 5 minutes before we closed. We told one of them we were out and instead of taking our offers of free additions to an other meal, he decided to sit down with his team and pout. Full-blown, kindergarten bitch, pouting...from a grown fucking man...
    lol that is funny

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    The worse thing that can happen is that I'll have to walk two blocks until the next Subway.
    This, or eat something else. Or, god forbid, try out something new (the horror!).
    Given the responses here, I wonder why people do whine then if it's not right.
    There are quite a lot of idiots out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Try thinking about what you're posting
    Better chance of Putin and Obama having a love child together.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

No. I'm not enough of a self entitled prick to act like a 2 year old being told no if I go into a place and they don't have something.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Life's too short to stress out about completely insignificant shit like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I work in food service. By far, going away, no comparison the age group that does it the most are 60 - 70 year olds. Pretty much every other age group looks slightly disappointed and then looks at the menu again to figure out plan B.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually just shoot them in the face.

It may not get me my item, but that particular server sure as hell won't be telling me they've run out again.

Deleted
    I'd see what else they had and at most take my business elsewhere I guess.

There is absolutely no need to get angry. You'll just make yourself look like a fool. If you feel strongly, voice your dissatisfaction calmly and respectfully. Then either order something else or leave.

If they're out of the second thing to order, it's time to go ape shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    What person over the age of 5 would EVER do such a thing? Hell no. If I ever saw someone doing this I would rage at them and shame them right out of the store.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I just order something else like a rational human being.
    Putin khuliyo

Given the responses here, I wonder why people do whine then if it's not right. Also, this isn't limited just to restaurants. I've seen it in person with supermarkets. A customer was arguing with a clerk over the lack of a kind of meat.
    Though my experience in customer service was limited to maybe 3 years combine at several restaurants and grocery stores, based on my experience, customers rarely rage when the product that they are seeking is not in stock. Hopefully, we can get more people to share their experiences.