Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    All you people who support being in a relationship with HIV + people, I don't understand. Why would you even take a risk like that when there are thousands of other potential partners who are HIV -ve. I honestly wouldn't want to be in any sort of relationship with someone who has it. You say the chance of me getting infected is negligible if certain precautions are taken, so small etc etc, but who in their right mind would want to take even such a small risk?

And why would a HIV +ve person want to date a -ve. When you disclose the information. they're going to dump you whether you like it or not so rather tell them at first date rather than waiting till it gets serious. That way it saves both of you the trouble.
    Would it surprise you if I told you that sleeping with HIV+ positive people is a fetish for some? Never try and understand the mindset of everybody, there will always be people that baffle you.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you people who support being in a relationship with HIV + people, I don't understand. Why would you even take a risk like that when there are thousands of other potential partners who are HIV -ve. I honestly wouldn't want to be in any sort of relationship with someone who has it. You say the chance of me getting infected is negligible if certain precautions are taken, so small etc etc, but who in their right mind would want to take even such a small risk?

And why would a HIV +ve person want to date a -ve. When you disclose the information. they're going to dump you whether you like it or not so rather tell them at first date rather than waiting till it gets serious. That way it saves both of you the trouble.
    Why wouldn't I date someone is is HIV+? They have an illness, does not make them not fun to be around. You when you find someone you like you take all of them their good points and their flaws. By saying that you will not date someone who is HIV+ you may be missing out on your potential soul mate. Yes there are risks, but at this stage in the game they are minimal, you take risks to fine some you love. To the second question, they will not always dump you. I wouldn't, honestly I think it works as a filter in their favor, fining the people who are really looking for something.

Okay...that was too gushy even for me...I think i get the point across though...

Deleted

Simple.

Love is a hurricane

PS

i don't have hiv, neither does my woman. Just saying WHY

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You'd be surprised. I want love just as much as anyone else, HIV notwithstanding.
    I have an overwhelming feeling of empathy for you. I'm deeply sorry that life dealt you an awful card. You deserve love just as any human does and never ever let someone tell you, that you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Would it surprise you if I told you that sleeping with HIV+ positive people is a fetish for some? Never try and understand the mindset of everybody, there will always be people that baffle you.
    "Bug Chasers" Something wrong with them, they are so paranoid that they actively seek to get infected so they so do not have to worry about catching it. They really need help, like psychiatric help. That is self destructive and destructive to the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    I did mention lip injuries etc for it to get into blood system. Same if the virus gets inside the organism.

If A gives oral to B and B is diseased and then A would give a french kiss to someone or normal kiss on the lips and C licked those kips he could well get infected. Virui are then in the organism and are multiplying.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you always aware whether or not you have some sort of cut/injury/gums bleeding?

I am just saying it's not "impossible" to get it through kiss. Yes, not normal kiss. But it's still possible to get it through the act of kissing but not directly due to it. This is what i am getting at.

As for the people themselves. I have nothing against them. Normal human beings like anyone else - just with disease. It doesn't make them psychopaths or anything.

Freddy Mercury had HIV and thank goodness he kept singing
    Forget about a gum injury or bleeding. Forget about it. That goes for anything - the injury is the transmission, not the act. You're trying to spread fear where none should be. If you're (not you, in general) going around kissing people with a bloody mouth to infect them, then you should be put in jail.

As well,
    If A gives oral to B and B is diseased and then A would give a french kiss to someone or normal kiss on the lips and C licked those kips he could well get infected. Virui are then in the organism and are multiplying.
    No. No. No no no. No. That is not possible. You cannot transfer HIV that way. It isn't possible. Absolutely impossible. It goes back to my earlier statement - you cannot wear HIV like a lipstick. HIV must be introduced directly into the bloodstream. Licking up infected blood, as long as you have no cuts or sores, wouldn't even infect you.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Bug chasers. It does exist. It's not a fetish, though - some people genuinely want to just stop worrying they got it by getting it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    Most people know if they are bleeding in their mouths, very distinctive taste. Also require both people to have open sores and not notice...every unlikely, HIV does not spread easy though saliva last I checked. So unless the fates a line to your major misfortune and/or 2 people do not notice the taste of blood in their mouths. You will not get HIV from a kiss. Oral you should take a couple seconds to make sure you have do open sores in your mouth before sticking anything in there anyways...HIV or not.

Yes but you may not always feel it. Or i just don't remember it because my gums have not bled for years. But you can always have some in front.

Well. What I am getting at is for people to not use word "impossible". Rather "highly unlikely".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

No. No. No no no. No. That is not possible. You cannot transfer HIV that way. It isn't possible. Absolutely impossible. It goes back to my earlier statement - you cannot wear HIV like a lipstick. HIV must be introduced directly into the bloodstream. Licking up infected blood, as long as you have no cuts or sores, wouldn't even infect you.
    Ok ok ok ok. I will trust you on this one since you're the one with the illness and probably have heard more than enough from doctors about it ;p

Deleted
    "Bug Chasers" Something wrong with them, they are so paranoid that they actively seek to get infected so they so do not have to worry about catching it. They really need help, like psychiatric help. That is self destructive and destructive to the community.
    "I'm going to shoot myself in the head because I might die anyway. Better now than when I don't expect it."
    I mean who can even come to that stupid conclusion?

10+ Year Old Account

Hope you never, ever have unprotected sex. That'll put you at risk for HIV as well. I've dated a few people since I've been diagnosed, I was truthful with them before the risk of transmission was present and, surprise surprise, I wasn't "dumped whether I like it or not". Ignorance and cowardice, all you're really telling from your post.

10+ Year Old Account

That's your choice, of course, but remember that being with someone HIV- isn't a guarantee that you wouldn't ever get it. Many new infections are from people who get it from their partner who cheated on them and contracted it...and didn't know. Protection in any relationship is important.

Why wouldn't I date someone is is HIV+? They have an illness, does not make them not fun to be around. You when you find someone you like you take all of them their good points and their flaws. By saying that you will not date someone who is HIV+ you may be missing out on your potential soul mate. Yes there are risks, but at this stage in the game they are minimal, you take risks to fine some you love. To the second question, they will not always dump you. I wouldn't, honestly I think it works as a filter in their favor, fining the people who are really looking for something.

Okay...that was too gushy even for me...I think i get the point across though...
    They have an illness yes. Get physical with them and there's a risk you get the same illness. Imagine the risk turned out to be real and you get the "illness" too, you end up breaking up with them and your chance of finding a partner who has a similar mindset like you (i.e who don't mind being in a relationship with HIV +ve people) is negligible. In the end all you were is foolish and all you can do is regret.

Sorry but for me, I'd rather not risk that. Even if my soul mate is HIV +ve. If someone who is my dream partner, likes everything I like, ends up being HIV +ve, I wouldn't even want to be close to them.

But tell me this, would you seriously consider even kissing a HIV +ve person knowing that there's a lets say 0.005% chance that you'll get the disease as well? No sane person would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    "I'm going to shoot myself in the head because I might die anyway. Better now than when I don't expect it."
    I mean who can even come to that stupid conclusion?
    Some people value peace of mind over health. The're are idiots. Also bug chasers usually stay in the Positive community if they get infected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardiac View Post
    Hope you never, ever have unprotected sex. That'll put you at risk for HIV as well. I've dated a few people since I've been diagnosed, I was truthful with them before the risk of transmission was present and, surprise surprise, I wasn't "dumped whether I like it or not". Ignorance and cowardice, all you're really telling from your post.
    Nope, never had unprotected sex and don't intend to until I'm married. I don't go out drunk and hook up to the first girl I meet. And I'd Rather be considered a coward or ignorant rather than risk being infected. And I honestly think you're lying if you never got dumped after you told them that you have HIV. Maybe there's the 1% nutter type who wouldn't mind but the majority would.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have an illness yes. Get physical with them and there's a risk you get the same illness. Imagine the risk turned out to be real and you get the "illness" too, you end up breaking up with them and your chance of finding a partner who has a similar mindset like you (i.e who don't mind being in a relationship with HIV +ve people) is negligible. In the end all you were is foolish and all you can do is regret.

Sorry but for me, I'd rather not risk that. Even if my soul mate is HIV +ve. If someone who is my dream partner, likes everything I like, ends up being HIV +ve, I wouldn't even want to be close to them.

But tell me this, would you seriously consider even kissing a HIV +ve person knowing that there's a lets say 0.005% chance that you'll get the disease as well? No sane person would.
    My soul mate would not discriminate against HIV+ people, so even if I did catch it...I would not lose my chance of finding them. Also HIV is not a death sentence anymore, not that I advocate getting it, but it is not the end of the world. As your the last question, I have kissed a + man before, I have slept with him too. We played safe and a good night. I'm still neg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, never had unprotected sex and don't intend to until I'm married. I don't go out drunk and hook up to the first girl I meet. And I'd Rather be considered a coward or ignorant rather than risk being infected. And I honestly think you're lying if you never got dumped after you told them that you have HIV. Maybe there's the 1% nutter type who wouldn't mind but the majority would.
    Naw, I just don't date cowardly, uneducated pricks. And you know that marriage isn't some magical barrier that'll protect you from a cheating partner, right?

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-05-23 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One, don't talk about people who are okay with dating someone HIV+ as a "nutter type". That's just rude. Two, the stigma associated with HIV is far far less than it used to be. It's not as hard to find people willing to be in a relationship with an HIV+ person these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardiac View Post
    Naw, I just don't date cowardly, uneducated pricks. And you know that marriage isn't some magical barrier that'll protect you from a cheating partner, right?

Keep it civil
    Good for you I guess. Stay +ve.

Oh wait

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-05-23 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh wait
    Wow...that was uncalled for.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh wait
    Stay classy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop guys, please, keep it civil. 16 pages of really good discussion. Don't ruin it.