Page 70 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Maybe you are right or maybe you are just an asshole. But even if what you say is true people are NOT that idiotic. They won't suddenly forget about 7-8 years of flying cause you take it away. That's just stupid.
    People are that idiotic. It's sad how stupid many people are. The pseudo-intellectual bullshit on display in gaming forums is a true shame. As for the 7 or 8 years of flight, I agree they won't forget, but many will tolerate it. The end result for many will be the same, apathy or ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    People are that idiotic. It's sad how stupid many people are. The pseudo-intellectual bullshit on display in gaming forums is a true shame. As for the 7 or 8 years of flight, I agree they won't forget, but many will tolerate it. The end result for many will be the same, apathy or ignorance.
    OH YEAH! PEOPLE ARE STUPID AND I LOVE TO CONSIDER EVERYONE DUMB CAUSE COOL GUYS DO IT IN THE MOVIES.

People are NOT that stupid. Hell, dogs aren't that stupid. So cut the fucking cool guy crap.

This game is too old to be pulling shit like this, flying has been around for way too long for people to just shrug and move on if it's removed.

I do agree with one thing, SOME people are really stupid, now that I've read your post...
    Last edited by Evilfish; 2014-06-08 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH YEAH! PEOPLE ARE STUPID AND I LOVE TO CONSIDER EVERYONE DUMB CAUSE COOL GUYS DO IT IN THE MOVIES.

People are NOT that stupid. Hell, dogs aren't that stupid. So cut the fucking cool guy crap.

This game is too old to be pulling shit like this, flying has been around for way too long for people to just shrug and move on if it's removed.

I do agree with one thing, SOME people are really stupid, now that I've read your post...
    People are gullible. Blizzard's "wait and see" will get people to try out WoD. When 6.1 drops and there is no flying, Blizzard will say something like "We are exploring the best method of introducing flying to WoD, wait and see". At this point, some people will unsubscribe, but not enough to bother Blizzard. After we "wait and see" a long time and get to the end of the expansion, Blizzard will add flight to WoD when it doesn't matter anymore. Blizzard will be able to say they added flight to WoD and accomplish their goal of slowing our content consumption down.

You are completely misunderstanding me. I am 100% pro flight. In fact I cancelled my sub because of this very issue.

People are that stupid. There are probably hundreds of thousands of people who know about this issue, and are still paying a subscription to the game. As long as their bottom line isn't impacted blizzard will do nothing to change it.

They aren't going to do anything in beta. They aren't going to do anything prior to release if they don't think it matters. People who don't know about this can't be held responsible for non-action. People who do know and do nothing can be. They expect others to fight their battles for them.

Being stupid is a choice.

I think this is a horrible idea for the game. Horrible. But people choosing to believe their wait and see crap are stupid.
    Last edited by Sweetpeaz; 2014-06-08 at 02:50 PM.

You are completely misunderstanding me. I am 100% pro flight. In fact I cancelled my sub because of this very issue.

People are that stupid. There are probably hundreds of thousands of people who know about this issue, and are still paying a subscription to the game. As long as their bottom line isn't impacted blizzard will do nothing to change it.

They aren't going to do anything in beta. They aren't going to do anything prior to release if they don't think it matters. People who don't know about this can't be held responsible for non-action. People who do know and do nothing can be. They expect others to fight their battles for them.

Being stupid is a choice.

I think this is a horrible idea for the game. Horrible. But people choosing to believe their wait and see crap are stupid.
    I'm not. I just don't think a few idiots count as "the people". Putting the same label on "most" people is insulting cause the people in question are the worst kind of stupid, evil-prideful-stupid.

People do what they want with their money it's none of my business, but remember this, people don't act until it burns. So yeah, there might be people playing, there might be people still playing after the removal of flying, but what's certain is that there are gonna be a lot of pissed off people. Whatever they decide to to with their swag is their business and their alone. You can't judge them, ok?

In cata people were jizzing all over the forums when they said that heroics would be harder and that spam-healing would drain the healers fast. Yeah you had everyone making oaths of badassdom and nibbling each other's asses from the happiness that overtook them while shitting on the heads of those who said it won't last. And they were right.

When people got put face to face with it then it started and shortly after Blizzard had to change it back to easy healing and easy heroics. Well I'm telling people this won't last, cause as bad as those were, this is much worse. They might not do anything during the beta, but they will do something after launch, well, if they still care about the subs in their game.

And being stupid is no more a choice than being retarded in many situations. Yes, some choose some don't have a choice, but who cares...

This is not even an idea, this is an experiment meant to try out the idea that the Devs could cut on some work and money when it comes to making areas. That's all it is.

Their only advantage is the douchebag support that is gonna fade once the actual douchebags doing the support find out that no flying is not as cracked up as they imagined and shockingly it did not turn the timer back to Vanilla times, so they'll do what they always do. They'll go silent and pretend it never happened, for a while. One - two years later they'll turn it around in their sick fucking skulls and start bitching about how people are awful for not accepting such an awesome change. It's what always happens.

So take Blizzard's advice - wait and see cause it's gonna be worth it, from a tragic perspective, at least.
    Last edited by Evilfish; 2014-06-08 at 04:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Glad we can't fly. Hope we can't until the end of the expack. Been playing wow since day 1. And I can't wait to get rid of ground mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Glad we can't fly. Hope we can't until the end of the expack. Been playing wow since day 1. And I can't wait to get rid of ground mounts.
    Why do you want no flying?

Why do you want to get rid of ground mounts?

In cata people were jizzing all over the forums when they said that heroics would be harder and that spam-healing would drain the healers fast. Yeah you had everyone making oaths of badassdom and nibbling each other's asses from the happiness that overtook them while shitting on the heads of those who said it won't last. And they were right.

When people got put face to face with it then it started and shortly after Blizzard had to change it back to easy healing and easy heroics. Well I'm telling people this won't last, cause as bad as those were, this is much worse. They might not do anything during the beta, but they will do something after launch, well, if they still care about the subs in their game.
    This analogy is flawed. All players have already demonstrated they are willing to play content in which flying is not allowed: they level through that content, and then play in instances where there is no flying. Anyone who found lack of flying unacceptable wouldn't even make it out of the starting zone.

In contrast, in Cataclysm, the end game content was tuned to a level that players had never demonstrated they would accept. And many didn't accept it.

I left WoW for 10+ months in 2011 because of the tuning. And I am perfectly fine with there being no flying in WoD content in 6.0.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This analogy is flawed. All players have already demonstrated they are willing to play content in which flying is not allowed: they level through that content, and then play in instances where there is no flying. Anyone who found lack of flying unacceptable wouldn't even make it out of the starting zone.

In contrast, in Cataclysm, the end game content was tuned to a level that players had never demonstrated they would accept. And many didn't accept it.

I left WoW for 10+ months in 2011 because of the tuning. And I am perfectly fine with there being no flying in WoD content in 6.0.
    6.0 with no flight is one thing, what about 6.1 or 6.2, or no flight at all. Are you perfectly fine with that as well?

I am fine with no flight while leveling. I want to have flight right away at max level, but I would be okay with 6.1. No flight later is a deal breaker for me.

So how is it wrong? That people tolerate no-flying zones and no flying leveling? Well no shit. The total absence of flying is another story, or is that analogy wrong too?

And I have issues with this 6.0. because it tries to be this long awaited answer to a fucking whiny crowd that has no real clue what they are talking about and no basis for blaming ANYTHING on flying, but 6.0. is really a method to delay or attempt to cut a portion of work required in the map creation process.

And what I don't get is why this is happening? I mean I've followed Blizzard for a long time and this is the first time I've seen them done something this stupid. People won't enjoy this because people don't need this to know they don't enjoy no-flying.

And all this bullshit is possible because of morons like the one you are trying to convince in the other thread regarding this subject, cause if morons like him didn't create a mist of dumbass fumes, blizzard couldn't hide behind it and pretend they are doing a fucked up part of the community a favor when really they are doing a big one for themselves...

10+ Year Old Account
    All players have already demonstrated they are willing to play content in which flying is not allowed: they level through that content, and then play in instances where there is no flying. Anyone who found lack of flying unacceptable wouldn't even make it out of the starting zone.
    Can't agree with this. The game while leveling is different than when we go back to a zone with content cleared. It make sense to almost everyone that there is no flying while leveling. We make it out of the starting zone because we have tons of ground content to consume. It's after leveling and questing is complete and we are in the end game phase, we want flying.

15+ Year Old Account
    No flying while lvling and having areas like timeless those are acceptable things... I can live with those, and sometimes they can even be a breath of fresh air.. Having no flying for the entire expansion however? Fuck that shit, I remember Vanilla and that is enough to last me a lifetime.

I am not surprised a lot of players don't know about Blizzards plan to not have flying available once you reached max lvl, if at all during WoD. Most players don't visit forums or read patch notes frequently and hence does not know - or simply believe this "no flying talk" they've heard here and there is regarding no flying during lvling. Few follow the flow of information regarding Beta etc either. People will go ape-shit when they find out for real. Trust me, it have happened before over lesser matters in comparison.

6.0 with no flight is one thing, what about 6.1 or 6.2, or no flight at all. Are you perfectly fine with that as well?
    Yes, I would be totally fine with that. Flying simply isn't a big plus for me. I've enjoyed MMOs without flying.

Now, it may turn out that the devs find that they can't get a lot of positives from removing flying. They are doing an ongoing experiment, and the results aren't necessarily predictable. In that case, I'd also be fine if they brought flying back.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

So how is it wrong? That people tolerate no-flying zones and no flying leveling? Well no shit. The total absence of flying is another story, or is that analogy wrong too?
    Any analogy in which the two things being equated differ on some fundamental and relevant point is a flawed analogy. I was pointing out just such a difference.

Players reach level cap having done much no-fly content.

Players can reach level cap having NEVER done content as difficult as 4.0 heroic 5 mans and raids. Indeed, I suggest that is most players.

For this reason, equating no-fly and 4.0 end game content is a flawed analogy.

And we can go further: we can look at the player reaction to IoT and TI, where there was no flying (and still no flying). There was no backlash to those as occurred in early Cataclysm. This is again evidence that the analogy is flawed.

We're making mountains out of a mole hill. Its not going to be that bad and will not take long to adjust to it. Looking forward to the change myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Can't agree with this. The game while leveling is different than when we go back to a zone with content cleared. It make sense to almost everyone that there is no flying while leveling. We make it out of the starting zone because we have tons of ground content to consume. It's after leveling and questing is complete and we are in the end game phase, we want flying.
    In Warlords there will be plenty of ground content (at level cap). I don't see why end game should specifically be flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

All players have already demonstrated they are willing to play content in which flying is not allowed: they level through that content, and then play in instances where there is no flying. Anyone who found lack of flying unacceptable wouldn't even make it out of the starting zone.
    You can't even make that claim. People will temporarily endure things they dislike providing there is something that they want more. So getting through content with no flight does not mean that people will accept no flying permanently.

How is that in contrast? Cata tuning and no flying were/are planned persistent changes in directions. Not temporary loss that players can overcome by leveling/doing quests chains/whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    In Warlords there will be plenty of ground content (at level cap). I don't see why end game should specifically be flying.
    IF there is plenty of ground content, then there is no reason to keep people on the ground. If the content is that good people will do it.

IF there is plenty of ground content, then there is no reason to keep people on the ground. If the content is that good people will do it.

But it is not a ground content if people are flying all over skipping everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    But it is not a ground content if people are flying all over skipping everything.

Whether or not you raid, dungeon, PVP, or do ground content, its all up to the player. They even give alternatives to leveling, you can PVP or do pet battles instead of quest. It's all subjective.