Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    Whether or not you raid, dungeon, PVP, or do ground content, its all up to the player. They even give alternatives to leveling, you can PVP or do pet battles instead of quest. It's all subjective.
    You can bypass trash in raids via flying?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You can bypass trash in raids via flying?
    No, you can't do that. Where did anybody say that?

What I said was (for the reading comprehension challenged), is that the choice to raid, pvp, run dungeons at max level is a choice. So the argument that there is all of this great content at level 100 that is being skipped 1) doesn't pass for why it's been an issue up to this point and 2) remains to be seem as to what the content at level 100 is. Cause if it's soooooo great.....people will do it.

There is no need to force 'no flight'. The only identifiable reason is to extend content.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Glad we can't fly. Hope we can't until the end of the expack. Been playing wow since day 1. And I can't wait to get rid of ground mounts.
    I hope they go a step further and remove the run button. Everyone should walk or light jog everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    You're not exactly sane if you think this is going to have as big an impact as that. You really think that many people are going to quit simply because they can't fly in Draenor, when most of the game's content takes place without flying?

This is pure delusion right here.
    I think the lfr change, the no flight policy, the lull in content and the fact that wildstar apparently not only doesn't suck but surpasses wow in many avenues...yeah blizzards subs are gonna take a nice hit.
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-06-09 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    I hope they go a step further and remove the run button. Everyone should walk or light jog everywhere.
    I thought "Daze" did exactly like that. "No-fly" people are in for a treat when they rediscover that ground mounts aren't really all that reliable. I hope they will enjoy getting dazed off the mount for 10th time in a row in 30 minutes interval. I also hope they will enjoy the gameplay of 10 minutes afk on flight-path each time they want to get somewhere. But something tells me they just don't know wtf they are talking about and they won't really enjoy the "new circumstances". But what do I and many other people know, it isn't like original WoW didn't have all these problems with one of TBC features being - "Awesome! We can fly!"
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2014-06-09 at 09:17 PM.

I think the lfr change, the no flight policy, the lull in content and the fact that wildstar apparently not only doesn't suck but surpasses wow in many avenues...yeah blizzards subs are gonna take a nice hit.
    All of those issues are subjective. If millions of subscribers are exactly like drytoast, then maybe the subs will take a nice hit. Otherwise, you have no justification for making that prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Yeah, but when you boast about how much money you're pumping to blizzard as a justification for getting your way and keeping the features you like, I think you're asking for getting ridiculed a bit. Do you really think 5K matters lol?
    What the hell are you talking about? I've made no boasts about pumping money into Blizzard. I have no clue where you got some cockamamie 5k #. Are you in a habit of pulling trash like that out of your ass and waving it around as though it has relevance, meaning or worth? Please. If you're talking about someone else, how about confining your comments to them instead of copy/pasting me into your drivel?

k?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Ha. You need to rethink your definition of "A lot of people".
    How so? With ~7.6 subscribers, a simple 1% would be 76k people. That's a lot of people. I think you need to rethink your definitions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    ... according to Blizz the removal of flying is to make sure we do not skip content. If the content was worth anything at all people would stop to do it
    Laughable concept in that Blizz has created so many means to "skip", "bypass", "avoid" or "trivialize" content it's almost beyond count. Boosted 90's is just the most recent. Heirlooms, Rested XP, multiple class skills, the queue system... on and on..and on..
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    If the content was worth anything at all people would stop to do it
    You and I agreed on something... this must be a sign of the coming apocalypse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The only benefits possible from no flying are to WPvP(less ganking is the view)
    I have to disagree. PvP, of all types, is people drive. If they want it all they have to do is do it. Those that don't want to do it (the roughly 60% of the playerbase that play on PvE servers to avoid it) can't be forced into it... especially not by making them angry through limiting their transportation options... essentially, limiting them to ground mounts won't make them like PvP more. In fact, Blizz has announced (and not yet recinded) a PvP-perma-off switch for PvE server people. They can no longer be accidentally flagged, or tricked into self-flagging. So as many as 60% of the playerbase would be totally immune to ganking. The other ~40%, all on PvP servers aren't exclusively PvP lovers. There are those that play on those servers to play with friends/family and only tolerate the environment for that reason... there are also those that rolled there w/o really understanding what they were getting into and don't have the $ to server xfer... there are those that used to like it and don't any more and also don't have the money (or just don't want to spend the $) for xfers... I would hazard w.a.g. (wild ass guess) that as much as 5% of that ~40% could be people in such situations.

To say this change is going to benefit PvP in any way doesn't seem realistic. It can happen now. It isn't for a reason, and that reason isn't flying mounts. Deal with queueing as an issue before targeting flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I thought "Daze" did exactly like that. "No-fly" people are in for a treat when they rediscover that ground mounts aren't really all that reliable. I hope they will enjoy getting dazed off the mount for 10th time in a row in 30 minutes interval. I also hope they will enjoy the gameplay of 10 minutes afk on flight-path each time they want to get somewhere. But something tells me they just don't know wtf they are talking about and they won't really enjoy the "new circumstances". But what do I and many other people know, it isn't like original WoW didn't have all these problems with one of TBC features being - "Awesome! We can fly!"
    I posted a quote from an alpha tester complaining how all the mobs int the starter zones seem to have a stun or a knock back...

...not one anti flier acknowledge it of course because it goes against their preaching as to "blizzard will be designing content with ground mounts in mind"

Such seems to be the norm on these boards...post a fact - get ignored...and then reported, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    All of those issues are subjective. If millions of subscribers are exactly like drytoast, then maybe the subs will take a nice hit. Otherwise, you have no justification for making that prediction.
    Of course I don't, and neither do you. It's just an assumption, based on observation. This is exactly why I started my post with the words " I think..."

Oh no!

Isle of thunder, isle of giants, and timeless isle are smalls zones so the no flying isnt really a problem.
    Draenor on the other hand is a continent with many zones, no flying is now an issue.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

- - - Updated - - -

considering wildstar has no LFR, no flight and the end pve content is 40man... no...
    the pvp isnt Super engaging because of telegraphs like they hoped... its an explosion of red and blue
    and if people want to play a game for housing and crafting... Archage > wildstar once that comes out.

if anything it will lose subs now cause of the lack of content not to wildstar.

- - - Updated - - -

smart people can do things like... avoid mobs... like i did on timeless iot and leveling in Mop. dont remember being dazed 10times at all.
    i also dont remember being on 10min flight path flights... im pretty sure you are blatantly falsifying facts because you want flying in the game and want more people to think like you when in reality it doesnt matter that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    considering wildstar has no LFR, no flight and the end pve content is 40man... no...
    the pvp isnt Super engaging because of telegraphs like they hoped... its an explosion of red and blue
    and if people want to play a game for housing and crafting... Archage > wildstar once that comes out.

- - - Updated - - -

smart people can do things like... avoid mobs... like i did on timeless iot and leveling in Mop. dont remember being dazed 10times at all.
    i also dont remember being on 10min flight path flights... im pretty sure you are blatantly falsifying facts because you want flying in the game and want more people to think like you when in reality it doesnt matter that much.
    if we're just gonna avoid mobs on our ground mounts, what difference does it make if we avoid them on flying mounts?

- - - Updated - - -

i also dont remember being on 10min flight path flights... im pretty sure you are blatantly falsifying facts because you want flying in the game and want more people to think like you when in reality it doesn't matter that much.
    I guess we will see about wildstar...it seems to cater to the hardcore, and to be honest the removal of lazy man's no skill tab targeting makes their pvp infinetly more engaging and skillful. add in something simple like double jump as just being fun to do...(I remember one of the biggest hooks for me coming from ff11 was the jump button. sounds stupid, I know. In this respect allot of wildstar's controls look to be just more fun to do when you have nothing to do.

I think it's strong enough to hold down at least 2 mil consistently...and that has to come from some game.

Reading the first reviews for it, and it seems to be scoring pretty damn high. I guess it now boils down to marketing now.

As far as ten minute flight path? would it surprise you to learn that its a 4 minute flight path from shrine to ti?

Quote Originally Posted by Aberzombie View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? I've made no boasts about pumping money into Blizzard. I have no clue where you got some cockamamie 5k #. Are you in a habit of pulling trash like that out of your ass and waving it around as though it has relevance, meaning or worth? Please. If you're talking about someone else, how about confining your comments to them instead of copy/pasting me into your drivel?

k?
    Dear lord almighty, save me from the ignorance of your shit. Post 1455 by you stated, "Don't be dense. I was demonstrating how people can cause change. "Superman", above, is livid with Blizz and is fired up about "doing something about it". That's his prerogative. He's getting flamed for it and being told that his one, lone voice means nothing and can accomplish nothing. That's defeatism."

I replied with "Yeah, but when you boast about how much money you're pumping to blizzard as a justification for getting your way and keeping the features you like, I think you're asking for getting ridiculed a bit. Do you really think 5K matters lol?"

The "you" in all the cases above referred to Superman, and the reason I quoted you is because you made a comment about how he is getting needlessly flamed, when he clearly instigated many people by stating his contributions to Blizzard's bottom line in the form of five thousand dollars gave him a say in the features that are or are not being kept in the game. I said this after reading the twitter convos he linked, his past posts, etc.

K? Is that okay to reply to you now? Now, calm the fuck down and breathe. Must be hard to see clearly with all that rage bubbling from your soul if you don't even remember your OWN damn post. Smh.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2014-06-10 at 09:40 AM.

I'd ignore this entirely if you didn't mention TI. TI is especially notorious for all those bridge mobs, who charge into you, stun, and 2-shot if you are so-so geared clothie. It is notorious for those fields with cats, barely anyone kills those, they are everywhere and jump (and stun you) from other side of field even if you hug opposite side. Screw that island, at least it was just... bonus content. But seeing as developers were happy with TI and want to introduce many of its features on Draenor, whole expansion being based around such cats, bridge mobs, and having to walk 10000 miles around just to get on cliff right above you is NO GO!

Getting to Timeless Isle from FP in Shrine was taking quite a time, perhaps around 10 minutes. FP from Dalaran to Howling Fjord/Tundra was also taking like 10 min. Or maybe I should bring you examples from original WoW, where it was around 30 minutes to fly from Un'Goro to Winterspring after they introduced consecutive fps? Before that you had to hop between all transitional flight points manually. And those zones had specific questlines which made you fly back and forth.

It is just sad attempt to artificially extend content, but developers don't realize how many people will be pissed off to the point of quitting the game, even the most of "no-fly" defenders in this thread. It is WoD version of daily grindfest to access VP vendors in early MoP, and while people keep telling that these ideas suck horribly, apparently developers must find it the hard way out.

I'd ignore this entirely if you didn't mention TI. TI is especially notorious for all those bridge mobs, who charge into you, stun, and 2-shot if you are so-so geared clothie. It is notorious for those fields with cats, barely anyone kills those, they are everywhere and jump (and stun you) from other side of field even if you hug opposite side. Screw that island, at least it was just... bonus content. But seeing as developers were happy with TI and want to introduce many of its features on Draenor, whole expansion being based around such cats, bridge mobs, and having to walk 10000 miles around just to get on cliff right above you is NO GO!

Getting to Timeless Isle from FP in Shrine was taking quite a time, perhaps around 10 minutes. FP from Dalaran to Howling Fjord/Tundra was also taking like 10 min. Or maybe I should bring you examples from original WoW, where it was around 30 minutes to fly from Un'Goro to Winterspring after they introduced consecutive fps? Before that you had to hop between all transitional flight points manually. And those zones had specific questlines which made you fly back and forth.

It is just sad attempt to artificially extend content, but developers don't realize how many people will be pissed off to the point of quitting the game, even the most of "no-fly" defenders in this thread. It is WoD version of daily grindfest to access VP vendors in early MoP, and while people keep telling that these ideas suck horribly, apparently developers must find it the hard way out.
    Jeez, why is it necessary to make up this much bullshit lol. The FP from shrine to TI is 4 minutes, not 10 first of all. Second, you need to deal with units, not just run through them recklessly. Here's some EASY ass strats for those charging tauren: 1) Let someone else aggro them, 2) Use YOUR SKILLS TO SURVIVE WOW! Mages can CC, Blink, Invis, Priests can Fear, Bubble themselves, Locks can Fear, Healthstones, what the fuck clothie am I missing here? 3) Get into melee range, forcing them to use an AOE attack that has a long charge up time then run away past charge range gg, etc. Tigers stun you, then remain there doing nothing else as you run away.

I see what kind of MMO you want. Point me to the reward and let me land there.

Personally I have already let my sub expire and find it highly unlikely I will return even if flying is brought back.

That being said I firmly believe that the vast majority of the casual player base is still under the assumption they will have flying at max level, if not at max level then come 6.1, unfortunately this is not the case.

I firmly believe that Blizz should let this decision be known to the masses, put it on the login page along with the Chopper BS and what ever mount they are selling. However they will not do this cause they know the uproar it will cause.

Blizzard is betting that the silent majority will be to vested in the game by the time they reach 100 to have lack of flight be a deal breaker for them.

Removing flight has nothing to do with improving the game, it is all about making their jobs easier and cutting costs.

Jeez, why is it necessary to make up this much bullshit lol. The FP from shrine to TI is 4 minutes, not 10 first of all. Second, you need to deal with units, not just run through them recklessly. Here's some EASY ass strats for those charging tauren: 1) Let someone else aggro them, 2) Use YOUR SKILLS TO SURVIVE WOW! Mages can CC, Blink, Invis, Priests can Fear, Bubble themselves, Locks can Fear, Healthstones, what the fuck clothie am I missing here? 3) Get into melee range, forcing them to use an AOE attack that has a long charge up time then run away past charge range gg, etc. Tigers stun you, then remain there doing nothing else as you run away.

Just stop this nonsence.
    1) I didn't play on overcrowded server. So waiting could take up to 10 minutes (or even hour, because I was coming back home very late).
    2) Guess what, all those abilities dismount you and some have very big cd (so they aren't ready for 2nd bridge, if you need to pass 2 bridges).
    3) That's if you weren't dismounted before that by auto-attacks.
    And all MMOs, which I played, had very effective transportation systems. WoW's one isn't something to write home about, but its flaws are heavily outweighed by flying.

Also, 4 min is already far beyond too long of not playing at all. I go for smoke, and when I am done I am still on flight path. So I have to do something else while waiting for this flight to end.

Also are you one of those people who enjoy 4+ min loading screens and would defend them to the death too? Because flight paths are almost exactly like that. Also are you one of those people who goes to work on foot even if it is 5 miles away, because you are smart and saving money? Are you one of those people who enjoys spending hours being stuck in car on road with high traffic? If yes, yes and yes, then I can understand you, but without any sympathy.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2014-06-10 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Slogging through low level mobs offers no risk, no challenge and little reward. They are just speed bumps to slow down our content consumption. They are a waste of my limited game time. They are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Slogging through low level mobs offers no risk, no challenge and little reward. They are just speed bumps to slow down our content consumption. They are a waste of my limited game time. They are boring.
    Nice Summary, well done!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, 4 min is already far beyond too long of not playing at all. I go for smoke, and when I am done I am still on flight path. So I have to do something else while waiting for this flight to end.
    I have never understood why this is acceptable. I can only figure some peeps only play WOW and have no perspective of how the rest of the gaming world is.

I'd ignore this entirely if you didn't mention TI. TI is especially notorious for all those bridge mobs, who charge into you, stun, and 2-shot if you are so-so geared clothie.
    They only charge you if you are too far away. They are trivial on warlocks (use your VW to tank), and not too hard on priests or mages either. If you don't want to fight one, just slowly kite him until he leashes, being careful not to get out to charge distance.

It is notorious for those fields with cats, barely anyone kills those, they are everywhere and jump (and stun you) from other side of field even if you hug opposite side.
    When they start the pounce cast, move and they won't stun you. Get close enough and they won't pounce either. Move behind them when they start the swipe telegraph. Piece of cake.

And I often see those fields filled with slaughtered cats, or none at all after having been skinned.

Surprised you didn't whine about the gulp frogs or the fire elementals.

Getting to Timeless Isle from FP in Shrine was taking quite a time, perhaps around 10 minutes.
    This was pointed out to be a gross overestimate. Moreover, you can buy a trinket that transports you to TI near-instantly.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This was pointed out to be a gross overestimate. Moreover, you can buy a trinket that transports you to TI near-instantly.
    A trinket that is gated behind 50,000 timeless coins. I do not think I broke 10,000 timeless coins. By the time TI came into existence my main was way past 496 gear. I have enough alts at end game level that I acquired enough 496 for all my alts and another 5 alts if i wanted.

I wish timeless isle were more like GW2 and followed an actual mini story line. Scenarios are just instanced GW2 open world regular content that anyone can do at any time.