Poll: Hardest last boss raid in MoP

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hardest last boss raid in MoP

Hey everyone, now that SoO raid been out for a while..it's time to see which last raid boss is the hardest in MoP expansion. This is of course when each of these bosses are latest current content and pre all nerfs.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

Lei Shen 25HC was the hardest endboss of all time, I don't see how this is even a contest

Ragnaros 25HC was compareable aswell, but if you have to pick one, Lei Shen takes the cake imo.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I dont see how lei shen was hard personally, even though my group never killed it current it seemed straight foward, just had to rely on other people not fucking up.

I voted sha just cause one time late at night when i was dpsing that fight on my monk I feel asleep mid fight cause its so long and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen or Garrosh on heroic are probably hardest based on what I've read.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Garrosh 10hc.

Deleted
    Personally I'd say the answer is "it depends". For 25-mans, Lei Shen probably wins hands-down. Mechanics were significantly more complex than Garrosh and the DPS check in P1 was brutal pre-metas, or so I am lead to believe.

For 10-mans, Garrosh, without a question. The first intermission is a failure of design (unbelievably punishing for any comp that didn't have a bunch of AoE stuns and classes with excellent cleave), and the DPS check in P3 was harrowing pre-nerf. Couple that with the fact that P4 was significantly harder pre-fix, post dagger-nerf for 10s than 25s since you couldn't really soak 4th Malice without spawning an Iron Star, and add a sprinkling of special boring sauce, and you get the least enjoyable and most punishing encounter I've ever seen.

I mean, pre-nerf Siege missile strat was arguably harder, but at least that fight was fun.

EDIT: Fixed incorrect wording. Post previously alluded to P4 being easier for 10s than 25s, which is the direct opposite of my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2014-05-29 at 10:06 PM.

Deleted
    Lei Shen > Sha > Garrosh in terms of hardest imo, Sha is 2nd just simply because it was so long so you fell asleep before you hit phase 2.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Lei Shen, Might have gotten ptsd for awhile whenever there was a thunderstorm near my house after him.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Personally I'd say the answer is "it depends". For 25-mans, Lei Shen probably wins hands-down. Mechanics were significantly more complex than Garrosh and the DPS check in P1 was brutal pre-metas, or so I am lead to believe. For 10-mans, Garrosh, without a question.
    Agreed, depends which format you raided.

Deleted
    Garrosh 25 was a fucking joke. Lei shen was harder in 25, but not the same magnitude in which garrosh was easier.

For 25 mans I think its Lei shen hands down. I didn't do it as 25 there, but it was pretty much faceroll in 10 for the regular phases. Like I remember seeing diagrams for phase 2 and phase 3 on the ball lightning spawns. The amount of burst damage if someone screwed up in 25 was ridiculous on ball lightnings. In contrast, 10s should only have ever spawned 3 or 4 at worst. I dunno there were many more things that looked hurtful in 25s on this fight but I can't recall the proper things now since I have not looked at it for a while.

Anyhow, transitions may have been a tad bit harder in 10s due to lack of defensive cooldowns and solo-soaks (I am still surprised that static shock still hurts today even with the 20% nerf and having 45+ ilvl stamina over when first doing it - I forget what the formula is for its damage, but its very unforgiving and if it goes on non-solo soakers multiple times, it really was a PITA).

I didn't do sha since guild stopped at the time so can't comment.

For 10s, I would think its garrosh for sure.

Lei Shen > Sha > Garrosh

Lei Shen wins hands down for 10 man from personal experience. Garrosh is a big numbers check but mechanically probably one of the easiest bosses this expansion so its hard for me to really give it any credit. Those transitions on 10 man heroic Lei Shen >>>>>>>>> ToJS complexity wise. I'm actually inclined to list it Lei shen > Sha >= Garrosh because I feel throwing the orb was marginally more complex than most of the raid not really being involved in anything during garrosh other than dpsing the boss, dropping an aoe stun and not spawning multiple ironstars. The second bombardment on 10 man was a little gross pre nerf though without a doubt.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-05-29 at 09:55 PM.

I'm probably in a minority when saying this but I thought Lei Shen was the easiest one. Least amount of attempts as well (10man on all of them).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    I'm probably in a minority when saying this but I thought Lei Shen was the easiest one. Least amount of attempts as well (10man on all of them).
    I don't think you are. Lei Shen is generally recognized as being the easiest tier-end boss for 10s this expansion, and AFAIK the only one considered easier for 10s than 25s.

Also, Turkey, I don't know when you did Garrosh (i.e., what iLvl you did it at), but the difficulty to Garrosh 10HC, outside of the bs with 4th Malice in P4 before they fixed it, has never had anything to do with mechanical complexity - it has always had everything to do with the DPS checks being stupidly hard to make consistently outside of a few comps - double lock, MW+Disc is HEAVILY featured in the roster lists of the earliest 10-mans to kill him.

The overall player quality of our current 25-man is significantly lower than the 10-man roster with which we killed Garrosh HC, and yet our 25-man regularly does the first room in less than 20 energy (and did so before extra item upgrades) where the 10-man had 20-30% of our total wipes to 25+ energy in TotJS.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2014-05-29 at 10:20 PM.

On 25, Lei Shen AINEC.
    Last edited by Gliff; 2014-05-29 at 10:19 PM.

As someone who killed each of these bosses on heroic very early in each tier, i'll just add a tid-bit.

It's hard to judge the difficulty of a boss because there are so many factors involved.

I would say the most difficult to deal with would be the Sha of Fear heroic. In fights like Lei Shen and Garrosh, you really don't need much coordination. Once you learn the fight and know what to do, you basically just do it. Cycling in and out of the debuffing aura in phase 4 garrosh for example, kiting the iron star, all that stuff, it becomes simple and second nature. Lei shen was the same way.

But heroic sha of fear, required chucking that light buff around. We had to chuck it at people who were stunned, then they had to rapidly chuck it to one of our designated light chuckers, and so on. Ventrilo was constantly lit up with coordination and communication the entire time, on every pull, even long after it was farm. If you threw it at the wrong person, you might as well wipe usually.

I will give an honorable mention to the first intermission phase in heroic garrosh on 10man though, that is just stupid.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    garrosh 10hc > lei shen 25hc > lei shen 10hc > sha 10/25 >>>> garrosh 25hc

25M - Lei Shen
    10M - Garrosh (even post health nerf imo)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that Lei Shen 25HC was harder than Sha of Fear 25HC and Garrosh 25HC