Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anachon View Post
    Hey guys, our raid has similar problems so i would like to revive this thread if Stormstrike doesn't mind me borrowing it :P
    Also sorry for bad english if present.

Our logs from yesterday:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...s=1623&wipes=1
    We switched our huntress out at Try 20 and back in at Try 27 because she got a little sick mid-raid. The moonkin was an unexperienced trial.

We did a 2/3/5 split:
    left side = tank monk (AOE stun), combat rogue
    right side = warlock (stun + engineer kick) + retribution paladin (bloodelf silence if necassary) + enhancer
    center = heal priest (bloodelf silence) + single interrupts (most of the time not needed) from dk and mage + hunters

Left side and right side do the respective group of adds in the back, one hunter on each side, dk and mage on the right.
    Binding Shot and Bolt Guns for CC on the those adds.

Dracodraco and Firefly33 mentioned different methods to handle this phase so i'm a bit confused what would be best for us.
    Also we are a bit concerned whether some of our DPS are underperforming, any hints here would be appreciated!
    Our combat rogue and myself (monk tank) are usually near the top dps for the add phases. While your results may wary, it might not be a bad idea to pair both with a weaker dps since having two strong dps on the same group is wasteful. Strong dps + weaker dps should be able to handle a group if they have 1 aoe interrupt and 2 single interrupts.

I would also strongly consider splitting into at least 4 groups at the start. A group of 2 going to one of the boss side-groups can nuke the center group while moving to their own group. Splitting into 3 groups is more common for 25-man AFAIK. Splitting into 5 groups is also possible if everyone has strong enough dps and you have enough interrupts.

Don't forget about Drums of Speed if you have leatherworkers. You can farm the materials in Outland in a fairly short time, and they give an extra 15% speed that stacks with pretty much everything.

My guild just downed Siege and is making very good progress on Paragons, so I'd like to get a head start on what I think will be the toughest part of this fight for us.

Our comp is:

Tauren Bear/feral druid or BM monk
    Blood DK or hunter
    Disc/shadow priest
    Tauren Resto druid

Hunter
    Warlock
    Troll Boomkin
    Enh Shaman
    Combat Rogue
    (possible hunter, currently recruiting)

Do hunters and rogues bring anything to the transition?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonom View Post
    Do hunters and rogues bring anything to the transition?
    Rogues can murder an add group with their cooldowns+Blade Flurry. Hunters can Binding Shot to stun a group, but it can be tricky. Hunters are also good at dpsing on the move, which can be useful in the transitions.

Outside the transitions hunters are good at soaking Desecrates because they lose little to no damage while moving. They're also good at soaking Malices in phase4 with Deterrance. Rogues can also soak Malices, and they can solo an engineer in phase1 with Shadow Step. Your warlock is also a good choice for the engineer.

Does the mob not have to move out of binding shot to get stunned? And when I questioned what a rogue brings, I meant CC. Or is high dps their cc?

In the very beginning we used 5 packs of 2 and had some issues with it and then switched to the 2 packs of 3 and 1 pack of 4. We weren't able to meet the time requirement for 3 packs, its pretty tough. So we switched back to 5 packs of 2 and are doing it pretty flawlessly.

1st Left Pack: Rogue & Rsham (1 cap totem and rogue destroys them before even the second cast)
    1st Right Pack: Destro Lock & Dpriest (Arcane Torrent and Shadow Fury)
    Middle Pack: Guardian Druid & Blood DK (War Stomp and War Stomp, then single interrupts)
    2nd Left Pack: Ele Shaman & Fire Mage (Cap Totem and then solo interrupts)
    2nd Right Pack: Ele Shaman & Feral Druid (Cap Totem and War Stomp, then symbiosis'd Solar Beam with Windshear and Skull Bash)

If all else fulls, 10 War Stomps is pretty reliable lol, I actually race changed my blood dk to tauren JUST for that intermission.

Best of luck to ya!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonom View Post
    Does the mob not have to move out of binding shot to get stunned? And when I questioned what a rogue brings, I meant CC. Or is high dps their cc?
    High dps means you need less interrupts, as the mobs don't have time to cast as many times. Rogues do have their single interrupt for CC.

There's a hunter thread for Binding Shot here. Basically mobs with large hitboxes can trigger Binding Shot even if they are completely stationary. It's all in the thread. It can be a bit inconsistent if you don't have precise targeting though. If you're a bit off, you'll only stun 2 mobs instead of all 3. Apparently the center pack and the boss room packs are easier to hit with it.

Deleted
    About hunter doing stuns in transitions as written in our guild forums:

Binding shot works for stunning 3 adds during first transition. “If you place the edge of it so it will hit the two close ones, the back one also gets stunned somehow. Has worked every time for me.”
    Links here: http://i.imgur.com/ZJud7wW.png
    http://i.imgur.com/jGQisn5.jpgg
    http://i.imgur.com/4jUEuzU.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubSMq1Ij754
    And some tricks for other classes:
    Disorientation effects do not work for stunning adds during transition (at least not first one).

Boomkin:
    “You'll want to enter the transition 1 cast away from Lunar with a SS proc saved and have a starfall off CD. When you enter use Starfall then starsurge your add and cast DoTs on all 3 using starsurge procs ASAP and refresh your starfall when it expires. You should easily be able to do 7m+ that way.”

General ranged dps trick: Dotting an add in the other group can cause your cloak to proc on those. Which is good.
    In order for me (feral dps) to do consistent transition damage I would stop dpssing about 2-3 seconds before the phase begins and click escape. That ensures that I in 95% of tries would have at least a trinket proc or cloak proc (or a clearcasting proc, but that has nothing to do with not attacking).
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2014-05-30 at 03:51 PM.

Thank you, in particular I think the binding shot and boomkin info will be a huge help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have your disc go Halo if he isn't for the added DPS and position himself just below the first step he can then hit all 3 packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellog View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    snip
    Thank you for the quick reply. Yeah the first stunn on the front right was assigned to our warlock. Told him that this has to stop the same evening.
    The blood DK tanks Garrosh the entire P1, i taunt ~8sec before transition and he taunts him back 1-2 swings before the temple phase. So no problem there i think.

And yes, the damage of our warlock and hunters really irks us too. Can anyone give some specific tips for hunter and warlock dps for the first temple phase please?

One of my co-raidleaders also suggests engaging 4 camps from the get-go. Will probably test it this sunday.
    Sry 4 bad english if present :P

I don't know if this will help but we actually had just one tank (protection paladin) for our first 10m hc garrosh kill (different guild than current). He could basically solo a pack only helped by a bit of multidotting from a mage/warlock/boomkin.

Worked out for us and is definately something to consider.