Page 7 of 196 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ah shiny

I was like, "is it bad that I'm looking at these mind spike procs and wondering if DP should be a filler in this multidot priority?"
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    SI (renamed DI) is bugged right now where when you get a proc, your next Mind Blast doesn't remove the proc...so you can spam Mind Blast for 12sec straight.

MSp has a 5% chance, like SWP ticks, to proc SI, though.
    Did some fun skirmishes with druid friend of minr. I was just lossing the shit out of there since our defence is so shit. But when I actually got procs which stayed it was like bbbbaang pow! Dead! Hilarious. This was even against hotted playing hes lock lol. Also 8 sec disarm is op.

These changes sound great! Can't wait to get these updates for him...

So Yva how does CoP look right now? Does it seem more like a, "Kill the billion adds that spawn quick in succession" talent or is it a single target talent while multidoting the rest of the targets? Really hoping for the latter. Since it would be fun having 2 entirely different playstyles
    Just got my beta y/day and didn't get to play so haven't tested it
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-07-17 at 01:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    So Yva how does CoP look right now? Does it seem more like a, "Kill the billion adds that spawn quick in succession" talent or is it a single target talent while multidoting the rest of the targets? Really hoping for the latter. Since it would be fun having 2 entirely different playstyles
    Just got my beta y/day and didn't get to play so haven't tested it
    That's really going to depend on how numbers are tuned. Currently it's the best single target option.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    That's really going to depend on how numbers are tuned. Currently it's the best single target option.
    Yeh I know. I was just asking about it's current state. Since yes it will be probably be tweaked but I guess that their intentions on the talent should be already shown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Clarity of Power - Shadow

So, I'm not sure how to feel about this new talent. The idea of turning Shadow into a nuker (no dot's other than DP..at least on your primary target) sounds good in theory but applied in game it has me worried. First off, Shadow has always been a DoT class...that is their niche and they're fantastic at it..Turning Shadow into a non-DoT spec would just feel strange and bizarre...and honestly why not just roll a destro, ele or frost mage if you're going to be an nuker, right? If it turns out that this will be the highest single target DPS talent at 100...then that means high end raiders will pretty much be forced into playing a turret class..THAT doesn't sound appealing at all. Also, the idea of keeping your DoT's on all but one target sounds like a nuisance, not very fun and clunky as heck. How do ya'll feel about it?

I haven't tried it (don't have beta) but I see one MAJOR good news about it: while leveling, you kill things much faster than the dot lasts. Mathematically it's a waste of time and gcd's to dot, if you could just cast MB+MS+MS+MS+SW: D. It's a small example, but it's a good one hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    I haven't tried it (don't have beta) but I see one MAJOR good news about it: while leveling, you kill things much faster than the dot lasts. Mathematically it's a waste of time and gcd's to dot, if you could just cast MB+MS+MS+MS+SW: D. It's a small example, but it's a good one hehe.
    except you don't get the talent until lvl 100 and won't have it for leveling :P

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    Yup, you just owned him big time;p

The proof I did not about beta at all haha! But I do remember some old raids, with the trash having not enough health to dot, yet too much to just MB+MS, Mind Sear only being real good if there were more than 6 mobs, and kinda packed up together. So for those few moments, raping mobs with MB+MS would make so much sense. :P

So, I'm not sure how to feel about this new talent. The idea of turning Shadow into a nuker (no dot's other than DP..at least on your primary target) sounds good in theory but applied in game it has me worried. First off, Shadow has always been a DoT class...that is their niche and they're fantastic at it..Turning Shadow into a non-DoT spec would just feel strange and bizarre...and honestly why not just roll a destro, ele or frost mage if you're going to be an nuker, right? If it turns out that this will be the highest single target DPS talent at 100...then that means high end raiders will pretty much be forced into playing a turret class..THAT doesn't sound appealing at all. Also, the idea of keeping your DoT's on all but one target sounds like a nuisance, not very fun and clunky as heck. How do ya'll feel about it?
    QFT. I'm a fan of the instant casts every once in awhile (MB + MS procs) but at the end of the day, I play an spriest because of their DoT mechanics. Same reason an afflic lock appeals to me (minus the pets). I don't want to see shadow priests become single target nuke machines, albeit their single target damage could use some work. Might just be me, but I'd like to have void entropy more than the other talents, although not many situations allow something to live for more than a minute outside of maybe pvp and raid settings which is the only turn off for me.

And what do you pvp'ers think of the new 4p bonus? You get a full refund of orbs over 15 secs when you cast horror. I think it's yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    And what do you pvp'ers think of the new 4p bonus? You get a full refund of orbs over 15 secs when you cast horror. I think it's yummy.
    It's alright. Nothing compared to most other set bonuses. 2pc is garbage and i almost hate blizzard for jamming even MORE survivability into our only real defensive spell dispersion.
    <inactive>

Shadow Apparitions seem to bear a closer resemblance to the race they originate from. I noticed a tauren shadowpriest last night with tauren-like SA's flying by.

Also, with Auspicious Spirits, it was nice to finally have access to crit enchants and crit consumables. For any of you fearing that shadow is changing from a DoT spec to a direct damage spec because of CoP, don't worry. AS is going to have a lot of potential. It's possible that during multitarget High crit AS may generate so many orbs that you might be able to drop MB from the rotation almost completely (Althouth tuning will probably prevent that, since MB does hit pretty hard.). There were times on 3 dummies I was able to keep DP on a single target for as long as 20 seconds from back to back casts. Of course, due to gear restrictions, that set had a mere 10% haste.

I'd actually be surprised if CoP could top AS with high crit, haste, and multistrike. Right now SoD is completely overtuned. I'd love to see what insanity could do in a build with such a high uptime, when the level 45 talents get a little love... especially our poor mindbender.
    Last edited by Blackmorgrim; 2014-07-18 at 08:29 PM.

Yeah, I really wish CoP was a lower level talent.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Level 100 talents are unlocked as soon as you hit level 91 on beta. Needless to say, I'm having quite a bit of fun with my insta-kill Mind Blast
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Deleted
    Just did burial grounds on heroic. We were struggling on killing the spirits on the last boss until I went cop/si/sod. Seems pretty strong. A tad boring though.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    It's alright. Nothing compared to most other set bonuses. 2pc is garbage and i almost hate blizzard for jamming even MORE survivability into our only real defensive spell dispersion.
    Yeah I'd rather see 2p applying PW:S automatically on CD, or when PW:S is ending we take 20% less damage for 4 seconds. Something that truly helps survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    I'd actually be surprised if CoP could top AS with high crit, haste, and multistrike.
    I was thinking this for a while now after seeing everyone's logs and trying it out on the beta myself. I really like the idea that CoP in that it gives us something to compete in single target damage while still allowing to be strong in multi-dotting by using other talents and makes us easier to tune, but CoP isn't really better enough over AS atm where the DPS gain is minimal and I believe AS will scale better.

I also think CoP outside of execute phase is extremely boring and simple. There needs to be something added to it IMO.