Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

removing pounch and ravage is lame

ability pruning is bumming me out.. i don't even care if it's making things easier i like more buttons and im a clicker..

thats what you complain about ????

sorry but abilities behaving diffrently depend on stance shouldve been done in the first place, especially since druid dont have stealth stance bar by defualt
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

More buttons, you don't use them at the same time anyway? You're complaining over nothing, about alpha notes no less.

Wish they would do the same for Rogues too tbh. Rogue<>Ambush at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    sorry but abilities behaving diffrently depend on stance shouldve been done in the first place, especially since druid dont have stealth stance bar by defualt
    yes they do, if you don't played that spec - don't say anything you don't know, cats was some sort of copy of rogues to bring another steath spec

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    More buttons, you don't use them at the same time anyway? You're complaining over nothing, about alpha notes no less.

Wish they would do the same for Rogues too tbh. Rogue<>Ambush at least.
    ... they are situational use - burst or stun

and removing steath openers is wrong direction freeing unneeded space on auction bar
    it's so suck to get used to new mechanic after those abilities was here for almost 9 years
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-05-23 at 07:36 PM.

Pounce was never used in a PVE setting and Ravage is only used as an opener (outside of PvP of course), generally minus that 1 fight all xpac.
    I would think PVPer's while they do get more use out of these two abilities would be happy. Less buttons = more macro room.

Rake is now just doing what Pounce does anyway the same can be said for Shred (Minus the 80% boss health crit chance) and will deal bonus damage while in stealth. Combine that with the Savage Roar glyph you will not only get a free 5 cp Savage Roar but a harder hitting Rake. Turning Ravage into "Shred" and with the change to Incarnation- it actually might be viable now since Shred will do bonus damage while in stealth in addition to doing more damage while a target is bleeding. Add that to picking up Nature's Vigil (As seeing it is the only DPS increase on the tier with the change to HOTW and DoC) we're gonna see some nice burst abilities available for Feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    yes they do, if you don't played that spec - don't say anything you don't know, cats was some sort of copy of rogues to bring another steath spec

and removing steath openers is wrong direction freeing unneeded space on auction bar
    it's so suck to get used to new mechanic after those abilities was here for almost 9 years
    Can't speak for everyone but my druid has never had a stealth bar, though it could have originally and I turned it off 8 years ago.

Shred = Ravage, except one does more damage from Prowl - which is exactly what they are doing in WoD and putting it into one button. Pounce = Stun with bleed, aka Rake. You're only going to stun from Prowl, so again, it won't make any difference.

They aren't merging Pounce + Ravage into one.

Nothing is changing in your playstyle, abilities 'mutate' so to speak depending on what you're doing. When stealthed, Shred IS Ravage. When stealthed, Rake IS Pounce, you just now don't need two additional buttons to do that. Stealth openers are still there, the sky is not falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Can't speak for everyone but my druid has never had a stealth bar, though it could have originally and I turned it off 8 years ago.
    Nope, no stealth bar. We have form bars instead.

i just like the look of certain spell icons honestly.. i guess i can just macro spells and change icons lol

... We have complaints on changes because someone will miss icons. We've done it people.. We've gone as deep as we can. Game over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    ability pruning is bumming me out.. i don't even care if it's making things easier i like more buttons and im a clicker..
    You like more cluttered bar space? This is a good change, you're not losing anything you just have less buttons to hit. Also stop being a clicker please, for your sake.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

They aren't new mechanics. It's just getting rid of Ravage and making Shred become Ravage while you are stealthed (same as Rake/Pounce). Its literally going to be no different except take out two buttons which could be merged. This is objectively a better system.

10+ Year Old Account
    For PvP, the Pounce change is bad if you pick up Incarnation, and Ravage change is a burst loss due to not having extra crit chance. They should also make Shred crit on high-HP targets when used from stealth/incarnation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

So now Shred is going to be the only DPS ability that ferals will have besides DOTs?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    i just like the look of certain spell icons honestly.. i guess i can just macro spells and change icons lol
    That's your reason?????????? Wow...... It was HEAVILY needed.

I heartily welcome them addressing the ridiculous button clutter my Feral has. The key effects of these abilities are now consolidated into fewer buttons.

Also this makes them operate slightly less like Rogues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    So now Shred is going to be the only DPS ability that ferals will have besides DOTs?
    CP builder, I assume you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm kinda looking forward to more free space for keybindings

Just that now with Rake acting as pounce and doing 100% more dmg from stealth and stunning the target, makes taking the Rake glyph to add 8 yards compelling. Which means Nine Lives & Savagery are mandatory for PvP with Rake glyph possibly vying for a spot with Barkskin.

read what i said, stealth stance bar

its what rogue get what they go stealth, a new bar dedicated to stealth abilities.

afaik druid dont have 1 since its occupied by cat/bear/normal/boomkin stances, unless it got added in mop.

addons like bartender add diffrent stance for stealth but the defualt ui dont have 1
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Not being able to spell "pounce" is even lamer