View Poll Results: What are you waiting for, what do YOU vote on?

Voters
910. This poll is closed
  • Horde!

396 43.52%
  • Alliance!

253 27.80%
  • Both!

111 12.20%
  • Just give me something!

30 3.30%
  • Don't care!

120 13.19%
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    There will be fanboys on either side - and alliance has the population advantage.
    nope, there are more allinace charactres which says nothing about how many of those are mains, active or characters of people who care about this stuff
    alliance has way more kids and casulas while horde is full of the 18-24 demographic of hardcore gamers who care about this stuff

horde wins and gets a mount that much is clear to everyone, but I also do not believe they will put in the loosing bike or give the loosing faction anything, new people in charge being all about exclusivity as seen by the WoD info so far and I'll go "told you so" when I'll be shown to be right ^^

as for my opinion on the bikes, both look bad because of the thread, alliance one especially since it also has them in front but horde one is a trike and fuck trikes, they are awful

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    horde wins and gets a mount that much is clear to everyone, but I also do not believe they will put in the loosing bike or give the loosing faction anything, new people in charge being all about exclusivity as seen by the WoD info so far and I'll go "told you so" when I'll be shown to be right ^^
    I somewhat doubt they won't end up just putting both the bikes in the game. The last episode did imply they're starting work on both the models. It's quite unlikely they'd go through all that trouble just to scrap one, wasted effort and whatnot.

Deleted
    The Alliance team isn't even trying, they're just making a regular motorcycle (well, with tracks instead of wheels). Overall nothing on it makes me say it screams Alliance, and adding a little emblem and painting it blue won't do that either. It does not represent the Alliance at all. When they said in previous episode they'll trim the edges so it doesn't look so nerubian they could have added special cuts to make it look like night elven tapestry, make it shine and on the sides of the fuel tank add like shining crystals to represent the draenei. In the back make it sort of have gears showing off (instead of what they want to do, hiding the back threads) and 2 hammers making the backseat.
    Last, but not least, on the front, the bumper, the Azerothian Lion in 3D

As for the Horde bike, it looks rugged, represents most of the Horde races (except blood elves), has clear indications making it look like a Horde vehicle.

- - - Updated - - -

nope, there are more allinace charactres which says nothing about how many of those are mains, active or characters of people who care about this stuff
    alliance has way more kids and casulas while horde is full of the 18-24 demographic of hardcore gamers who care about this stuff

as for my opinion on the bikes, both look bad because of the thread, alliance one especially since it also has them in front but horde one is a trike and fuck trikes, they are awful
    Show me proof that "Alliance has more kids and casuals" or shut up. I'm tired of this dumb argument, all types of people play on both factions and you can't say one faction is more played by kids or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    The Alliance team isn't even trying, they're just making a regular motorcycle (well, with tracks instead of wheels). Overall nothing on it makes me say it screams Alliance, and adding a little emblem and painting it blue won't do that either. It does not represent the Alliance at all. When they said in previous episode they'll trim the edges so it doesn't look so nerubian they could have added special cuts to make it look like night elven tapestry, make it shine and on the sides of the fuel tank add like shining crystals to represent the draenei. In the back make it sort of have gears showing off (instead of what they want to do, hiding the back threads) and 2 hammers making the backseat.

As for the Horde bike, it looks rugged, represents most of the Horde races (except blood elves), has clear indications making it look like a Horde vehicle.
    Well, I do agree with you there but personally I look towards the 'Plate armor' gas tank, just want to see it. As well, they are discussing a front piece a little screaming out as Alliance.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, I do agree with you there but personally I look towards the 'Plate armor' gas tank, just want to see it. As well, they are discussing a front piece a little screaming out as Alliance.
    Honestly, I wish they'd gone with the Alliance gunship thing and have a gigantic gryphon's head as the front piece. That'd make me a lot more interested in the design, seeing as I usually play dwarves Ally-side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Honestly, I wish they'd gone with the Alliance gunship thing and have a gigantic gryphon's head as the front piece. That'd make me a lot more interested in the design, seeing as I usually play dwarves Ally-side.
    Well, first they didn't wish to have anything on the front. But now, they seem to want it. So maybe?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    I've read Matthew Rossi's well written blog on WOW Insider about including some diversity in WOW. And then I look at this dopey Azeroth Chopper where in there is not one woman, or non white man of any kind in the entire series. Clearly, the folks at WOW headquarters are beyond clueless in this regard.

Mod-note: This isn't a discussion about said blog or diversity, but Azeroth Chopper in general. Removed the link.
    Irrelevant. The people who chose to be involved with the project from blizz happened to be white males; and american chopper; and now the greedy son's business, never had much diversity to them to begin with; but that doesn't imply they intentionally exclude anyone. The PC shit and forced diversity is not realistic nor equal; it is meddling bullshit and fake/lies. You hire who wants to do the job and is best qualified; and you shouldn't be nice to someone for any other reason than you feel they deserve it or it is part of your personality. No one should be hired or be given respect based on gender or ethnicity at all, it is inconsequential ... their history, how they present themselves, their knowledge, and the respect they bring with them is what is important.

As fake as this thing already is; it'd feel ridiculously more so if it had uninterested and skill-less women/non-white race of your choosing shoe-horned in to make it feel PC and diverse for the sake of it.

Old joke, has no merit. Both sides say the same thing. In fact, I'd wager there are just as many kids who want to be 'bad guy horde' as there are ones that want to be 'good guy alliance'. And adults roll where their friends are or what seemed most interesting.

Nearly everyone I've known has played both sides; and nearly everyone I've engaged in conversation with in the game over the years has been adults, on both sides.

I think the myth is more like, there are many kids playing the game at all; I think most of the EU/US subs are adults, and those adults' kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

I disagree with you. The Horde trike does not represent all the Horde's races well. It screams orcish. The fenders at the back look like two grunt shoulderpads. I see nothing looking tauren or troll, and certainly not undead or blood elf. The tank treads can make it look goblin, though.

The Alliance bike does represent its faction well, even though it is mainly human-themed. The Alliance type is the classical knight in shining armour, riding a horse in shining armour. Well, now he will ride a bike in shining armour ! Decorating it with all sorts of objects from all six races would make it look gimmicky, in my opinion. Now it seems Paul Jr wants fenders to make it look more agressive. I tend to agree with the other guy who says it might ruin it, but we'll see. Since the bike makes me think of an armoured horse, maybe the fenders should be equine, like a horse head? Or a lion's head, maybe, with the tracks getting out his opened, roaring maw.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    If Horde does not win I will be very surprised.

I agree with Frontenac, the bikes do not represent the factions. However that is not Paul Jr and the teams fault, it is blizzard failing to give the none human and none orc races an identity within the overall "faction designs.
    The closest the other races have been included in being represented within their faction is on the Vanilla PvP shields. Other than that faction focus will always be on the Stormwind Human allaince and the Orc Horde - and that is heading in to a whole new can of worms not related to the bikes themselves - These guys have done very well to represent the factions in their CURRENT state projected by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by AsheruWolf View Post
    Team Horde is going to win due to fan boy syndrome, enjoy your second stupid looking trike. So sad cause the Alliance bike looks better, right now unless they screw it up an add something stupid looking on the front of it.
    3rd trike.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Why did it have to be another bike at all. Like, why a bike? we already have both bikes and trikes in the game and they're kind of fun as a sort of one-off engineering thing, but they DO still feel kind of out of place in WoW.
    Think it is because they wished to produce a little more content out of it. Entertainment after all, is key. Don't mind a bike, since flying mounts can't really be used within the WoD zones. Either a bike, or I would be so insane to ask for the Sky Claw, or a steam tank.

Deleted
    There's been a lot of bitterness spouted in every thread on this subject so far and the project is barely halfway through.
    I was blown away by both concepts at the start but now I've calmed down a bit I can see the pro's and con's for each vehicle - namely; the 'not another ****ing trike', and 'it looks too generic' arguments - but I've also been a fan of both Paul Jr and his father's respective talents for many years and I know Paul will produce the goods, and then some, for both teams.
    I have every faith, and I believe the final vote will be decided based on the majority opinion of which bike looks best when completed, not how many players belong to either faction or any other stupid s**t I've read on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Yeah, see, they should've done that. Find some IRL manufacturers to design a Horde- and Alliance themed Sky Claw and then fly around in 'em and stuff. That'd make a way better show
    STOP IT!!!!

*sulks*

You know.. I was actually cheering for the Claw more than the Golem...

*sobs*

Well, for this show, I'm cheering more for the Alliance. Just because, well, I can and like some of it ^^ Never really been a fan of spikes and chains.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-05-24 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

That said, I generally just care about the bikes themselves, don't really care about the drama behind the scene. When that one guy started arguing about the front of the Alliance bike I was ready to close the video, if they'd have extended it a little more, I would have. In a way, I wanted it to be like... hmmm... can't remember the name, there was once a show on Discovery I think where two teams were thrown in a Scrapyard and asked to build devices that could do specific things, and they scoured through the scrapyard, gathered stuff then built amazing stuff. While you'd get sometimes a random complaint ("that's not the right size" or "we're falling behind, stop being lazy") most of the random drama either did not exist or was edited out, and I liked that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I disagree with you. The Horde trike does not represent all the Horde's races well. It screams orcish. The fenders at the back look like two grunt shoulderpads. I see nothing looking tauren or troll, and certainly not undead or blood elf. The tank treads can make it look goblin, though.

The Alliance bike does represent its faction well, even though it is mainly human-themed. The Alliance type is the classical knight in shining armour, riding a horse in shining armour. Well, now he will ride a bike in shining armour ! Decorating it with all sorts of objects from all six races would make it look gimmicky, in my opinion. Now it seems Paul Jr wants fenders to make it look more agressive. I tend to agree with the other guy who says it might ruin it, but we'll see. Since the bike makes me think of an armoured horse, maybe the fenders should be equine, like a horse head? Or a lion's head, maybe, with the tracks getting out his opened, roaring maw.
    I don't really agree. Let me explain. While tauren and trolls are different from orcs in the sense that they're more tribal and less industrialized, they do have a lot of spikes on their own armour and ornaments. For example, if you fly to Echo Isles, you'll see a bunch of spears all over, spikes on some buildings and towers etc. As for the tauren, they're more nomadic, sort of native-american culture, and the front of the byke with those things that were made to look like horns made it remind me of tauren in a way.
    Now, as for forsaken, yes, the influence is less clear, but I kept thinking of the banshees with chains around them when seeing those chains on the byke. I admit however that it's not a clear influence.
    And blood elves, as I stated, were indeed not represented.

The Alliance byke does not represent the Alliance. It represents the humans. Maybe gnomes too.
    I don't know about you, but I can't imagine a night elf riding a horse in shining armour. Or even a dwarf (dwarf armour is less polished and has steam power influences). Or even a gnome, though the fact that is is a piece of engineering kind of brings them into the mix somewhat. As for the draenei, their whole big deal is crystals, and while you might see a draenei in shining armour riding an elekk (because they look just bad on a horse), you'd also see sparkle effects from crystals all over their weapons, armour and even mount armour.

I do hope that when they say they will make it more aggressive, they will put either a 3-D griphon or hyppogryph head out of metal there... actually, can you imagine a silver hippogryph head and the handlebars being the antlers? That would be great.

Anyway, I'm drifting from my original point, the idea is that, for me at least, the Alliance bike looks bland and only human representative with a mix of gnome.

Deleted
    Pics of bikes?

coz I cant watch this terrible show...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    Pics of bikes?

coz I cant watch this terrible show...
    They aren't done, so it'll just help a little more to maybe either see the concept idea from episode 1, or watch how much they've done on episode 6

It's only natural that a motorcycle, a vehicle with a presumably rugged disposition, would characteristically accommodate the horde aesthetic moreso than that of the alliance. The tusks, chains, and spikes all befit the acceptable standard of what a bike should be, whereas the nobility of the alliance bike just seems off putting. They were doomed from the get go.

I'm going to reply to a guy who got his thread closed:
    For the ones that complained about the cost of the Azeroth Choppers Program taking away from game development, it’s true that Blizzard has budget constraints for 6.0, Warlords of Draenor; however we’re talking about Activision Blizzard, and although you could say that the budget is finite, overall they ended the first quarter of 2014 with $4.279 billion dollars in cash and no debt. And for you kill joys; the Azeroth Choppers program has nothing to do with the money earmarked for the new expansion. One other thing to whoever said the Alliance is dead; believe me the Alliance is alive and well and still out numbers the Horde by a fair margin so if you’re taking bets put your money on the Alliance Bike. Ok so another thing; I’m always amazed that the ones that complain the most even bother to play the game, what’s up with that? They must be real downers in the real life world, the kind of people you really want to steer clear of.
    It's not about wasting money, it's about wasting people's time. Just take a look at Blizz people participating in the program:
    Chris Metzen, Blizzard’s chief storyteller
    Samwise Didier, Blizzard's senior art director
    Monte Krol, lead software engineer
    Gary Platner, lead environment artist

You don't think Metzen could've contributed more to the game by spending time on storytelling rather than building a bike? It's not like they can hire 3 people who can replace Metzen during the production of the show. You think they can easily hire artists to replace people who have spent several years on this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they did find people to cover the works needed while the Azeroth choppers is going.

Not really wasting time or such, it is a show they offer the players with a product to announce for the players to be able to recieve.

Might as well be on another part that the work list for the ones at the show, just is shorter as their area might get closer to be finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The Horde bike just looks badass. The spikes, tusks, everything so far. The Alliance bike looks like a gentlemens snow machine, lol.
    *adjusts his tie and sleeve cuffs* Is there a problem in that, my friend?

And well, the Horde bike does show some brute strength, just never liked spikes and chains. Hehe.