Thread: Prideful in BGs

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i do empathise with the author of this post, in the fact that gearing my alts is proper painful due to the gear gap.

I mean even when you manage to eventually get full grievous, you'll still have your ass handed to you. The whole point of baseline resilience was to make pvp/bg's more approachable for people with low gear/pve gear, but its hasnt really solved the problem at all.

Bgs are so bad for gearing up that its way way faster to run heroics and exchange justice for honor, that is a good example of why its all fucked up.

A good example of how the current queuing system doesnt work is healers, the system only counts the numbers per team, so if you have 2 on your team with crap gear, and the other team has two with full prideful the system thinks its being fair because of equal numbers when actually its more of a massive disadvantage.

I've always thought that random bgs should have an ilvl gating system, say everyone has to be within 10 ilvls of each others gear, which would make the whole thing fairer and more competitive.

Granted that will increase queue times but hey i would much rather wait and have a chance of winning than spend 15mins getting GY camped for 80 honor.

Skirmishes in WoD will be the solution for me in this, least if you get a retard teammate its only gonna last 1min :P

Quote Originally Posted by OUTclassed View Post
    Anyone else noticing that BGs are now filled with pathetic horde in mostly prideful gear?

So on tope of premades, russians, bots and hacking we now have to deal with a bunch of kids who got boosted and now want to "impress" themselves by killing badly geared people in low BGs
    You sound mad that you lost a game, thats ok champ, keep trying, you'll get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    I've been doing BGs since 2005, and I'll keep doing them. If you haven't capped your conquest points each week, that's your fault.
    Remember doing TBC BGs with full Vengeful/Brutal gear and weapons? It was basically the exact same, and hell, it was a LOT of fun.

Anyone else noticing that BGs are now filled with pathetic horde in mostly prideful gear?

So on tope of premades, russians, bots and hacking we now have to deal with a bunch of kids who got boosted and now want to "impress" themselves by killing badly geared people in low BGs
    Never seen people hacking and you should be running a premade of your own, get some pvp friends and you will never lose another BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am only missing 2 pieces of prideful and i didn't even try hard. hell, i literally suck in both arenas and rated bgs. i excel at ganking though. a different type of predator, so to speak.

i like random bgs and i think i will go for khan, gorgeous and battlemaster after i farm my 2k coins at timeless island. 1400 or so to go.

see you out there champ.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Mmmm, I think I'm going to start doing more BG's on my UH DK in my prideful gear. Yeah, that sounds yummy.

See you there

Deleted
    Because of the enormous gear difference between grievous and prideful, being even without the prideful weapon it basically boils down to tickling someone to death.

After recently trying to some some BGs on my pve geared feral, it's pathetic the damage I do compared to my prideful ele shaman.

I hate Arenas. I hate RBGs. I only use these to cap conquest and randoms are the most fun thing in PVP for me.

Oh and gear gap isn't that big once you get your weapon and trinket.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Because of the enormous gear difference between grievous and prideful, being even without the prideful weapon it basically boils down to tickling someone to death.

After recently trying to some some BGs on my pve geared feral, it's pathetic the damage I do compared to my prideful ele shaman.
    Ya know, blizzard being blizzard, thinking that giving people survivability in PvP equals being viable. Someone in full PvE gear will do absolute shit damage. Heck, even someone in full grievous vs prideful will do absolute shit damage.

Only thing someone low geared is good for is being an annoying fly by CCing and keeping people in combat/from the flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what am I supposed to do? I've won all this gear, I'd like to show it off. I'd like to see how my gear scales in comparison to Grievous or lesser geared characters. I'd like to see how powerful I have become in comparison to lesser geared people.

Yesterday I was the only near full Prideful healer in EotS. I can tell you it's a great feeling being able to run solo into Blood Elf Tower, having 6 others bash in on you not being able to kill you, only to wait for reinforcements who then finish of the 6.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Hehe you dont have to get "boosted" to become full prideful imo you need to work harder and get better gear.

Deleted
    They lower the ilvl of pve gear already so why not also pvp gear?

Make the BGs about actual skill and not the gear. I know that is scary for most because they rely on the gear difference to win but it would make things a lot more fun
    If you have so much skill you shoulf have no problem getting into rbg's or arena's. Or is this about some little whiny kid that has to do too much trouble to get some pvp gear?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of the hackers I see in PVP lately (and that's almost all I see in PVP lately) start hacking to grind their gear faster and have an easier time of it and just enjoy hacking so much and never get caught so they keep them on.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

You're a perfect example of the problem. With a gear lvl like that you should be doing arena and rbgs. It's like an heroic geared raider doing LFR just to be number 1 on the dps. Equally sad because the ilvl gap is huge
    you are actually the perfect example of the problem. that guy is a just a player playing the game how he wants to play it, which is exactly how this game is supposed to be used. the kids crying about people with more gear than them like you or saying you "have to" do arena or rbg's when you get decent gear are the ones who don't get the game, and like he said, maybe wow isn't the game for you.

and the ilvl gap didn't magically occur, he worked for it by capping every week, you can't expect to not put in the same amount of time and work as him and be at the same ilvl. if you want heroic gear 1 week after the raid is out you need to be in a hardcore guild, if you want the best pvp gear you need to cap each week at the very least. these are common sense type things that retards like you end up whining about. im actually gonna go queue up for some bg's on my full prideful character now just to destroy some idiots like you.

I expected there would be a lot of the people I described in this thread. But it's good to see there are also some smart people who understand the point.

If you only go into BGs to have fun then it shouldn't matter what gear you have. If you only have fun because you outgear everyone then yes, that's just sad.

No one should be forced to cap conquest by doing something they don't want to do. Claiming that everyone should do that just because you do it is a moot argument

"Working harder" to get more gear is not possible when there's so many prideful "bullies" in normal BGs, even full grievous doesn't stand a chance against full prideful, no matter the skill.

I haven't seen any arguments yet that weren't based on selfish reasoning for being allowed to beat up "noobs" in your prideful gear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by weedburst View Post
    you are actually the perfect example of the problem. that guy is a just a player playing the game how he wants to play it, which is exactly how this game is supposed to be used. the kids crying about people with more gear than them like you or saying you "have to" do arena or rbg's when you get decent gear are the ones who don't get the game, and like he said, maybe wow isn't the game for you.

and the ilvl gap didn't magically occur, he worked for it by capping every week, you can't expect to not put in the same amount of time and work as him and be at the same ilvl. if you want heroic gear 1 week after the raid is out you need to be in a hardcore guild, if you want the best pvp gear you need to cap each week at the very least. these are common sense type things that retards like you end up whining about. im actually gonna go queue up for some bg's on my full prideful character now just to destroy some idiots like you.
    Does your mom know you're using the computer? Please show me where I asked to have the best gear right away. if you can't then shut up.

If you want to cap your points every week then do it. But don't use that gear to go into a lower level playing ground so you can wank while killing some person in crafted pvp gear. Use it where it's actually a challenge... unless you can't handle that of course
    Last edited by Zalraki; 2014-05-25 at 11:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    God forbid people do BG's for fun even though they regularly do arena.

You're a perfect example of the problem. With a gear lvl like that you should be doing arena and rbgs. It's like an heroic geared raider doing LFR just to be number 1 on the dps. Equally sad because the ilvl gap is huge
    Arena and RBG require others to queue. Sometimes I get bored in Shrine and just want to hop in and do some stuff, other times I'm there helping out a friend (you know, because the gear helps my team, it doesn't just hurt yours), sometimes I'm farming honor for heirlooms.

Same goes for your LFR scenario. I don't typically do LFR, but I do run Flex still even though I've not needed anything from it for a very long time. Yeah, I'm number 1 on DPS, so? Are you really SO petty that seeing someone else doing better causes you this much frustration? Hell, I actually did queue for LFR the other night just to test out some reforges I had done, and my DPS helped the group tremendously. Does that offend you?

I honestly think you have some other personal issues you should address if it upsets you that much.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    God forbid people do BG's for fun even though they regularly do arena.
    Then it shouldn't matter if your ilvl gets lowered, now does it?

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue im seeing is lets say im making a new character, im 90, so my options are going timeless isle, getting 496, grind bgs for god knows how long for 522, do arena with 522 gear with a total cap of ~12000 conquest, the gap between a nearly dinged 90 and someone in full pridefull is too big, the game is indeed about character progression but when you go into a BG and feel useless cus you hit like a wet noodle it's hard to find motivation to do bgs and to some extent arena (when you face people in full gear at 1000-1500 rating (how the fuck are people at 1000 rating with full gear?) add bots ontop of that in bgs and i'd rather just afk and get free honor.

I grinded for my full 550 enhance gear and now i'm only 2 pieces away from full 550 elemental gear.

I love going in random bgs just to kill babies like outclassed in his boosted greens and crafted gear. I will then hunt him down over and over again and blow him up every chance I get. I will do my best to make him rage and break his keyboard and hate me. I want him to quit pvping.

that's why I go into random bgs in my 550 gear and I cackle with joy. I even use my flag of ownership to make my point even more harsh.

get over it or quit.