Thread: Prot trinkets

Prot trinkets

I'm curious about prot trinkets
    Askmrrobot tells me discordant chorus is one of my bis trinkets and I'm a little confused.

Currently I'm using it with anzu's cursed plume, is my second bis as per amr
    I also have the libram on vindication which kinda feels a little underwhelming and don't use.

Am I doing it wrong by not using the libram and using the dps trinket instead?

Thanks in advance

Hi there, I don't use AMR - personally i hate stuff like that, i like to test trinkets or get other peoples opinions and then make my own mind up, personally i would say you are doing it wrong if your choice is the Discordant chorus or the Libram - The Chorus is soooo underwhelming it's not funny, Libram is better in every single way.
    I personally switch between Libram and TTT - if you can reliably get libram to proc most of the time, it beats every trinket. The damage and healing is just too overpowered, but again as you start overgearing content you may notice it is a bit unreliable... you can do stuff to force it to proc, but if you don't want the hassle - Just switch it out for another trinket like TTT/BFD/WuE.

The chorus trinket sounded nice at first - i tried it on my paladin, but i found it to be underwhelming for prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricg View Post
    I'm curious about prot trinkets
    ACP for Everything
    LoV for any fight where you get hit hard enough to proc it reliably
    WUE for Tyrant progression
    Mythic TTT for speed kills
    DC/EDH/UH for dps cheesy things

Quote Originally Posted by Proof View Post
    ACP for Everything
    LoV for any fight where you get hit hard enough to proc it reliably
    WUE for Tyrant progression
    Mythic TTT for speed kills
    DC/EDH/UH for dps cheesy things
    Pretty much this, though I will say WUE is great for any fight where you just feel like the boss is raping you. Also, while TTT is good for synching with HA+ring, I don't think it's the best. If I'm not mistaken, Vial of Convulsive Shadows gives more dps than TTT.

Also, there's another trinket combination to consider. Tyrant's Decree + heroic Libram of Vindication makes you basically immortal on fights that you overgear. So if you want a good tab out and afk combination of trinkets, go with that. Concerning raw mitigation on difficult fights WUE and ACP is better.

I've been playing around with other trinkets a lot, and I think Unending Hunger is a little underrated. It's definitely an RNG trinket, but if you get good luck with it, I don't think there's a stronger trinket in the game. The reason for this, is because if you get a proc during its proc, you don't lose your stacks, which makes some really retarded things happen. Got a triple proc last night and it was pretty silly. 50 Seconds of +~1400 strength is pretty ludicrous, not to mention crit is one of our better dps stats, so the passive ain't too shabby if you're going for a more damage focused build.

Also, for Libram, if you can't proc it reliably, consider making cancelaura macros for things like Sacred Shield and other common absorbs. You can also /sit so you get crit if you really really can't proc it.