Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Waves of immigrant DREAMERS present crisis for Obama, Congress.

(Reuters) - Tens of thousands of children unaccompanied by parents or relatives are flooding across the southern U.S. border illegally, forcing the Obama administration and Congress to grapple with both a humanitarian crisis and a budget dilemma.

An estimated 60,000 such children will pour into the United States this year, according to the administration, up from about 6,000 in 2011. Now, Washington is trying to figure out how to pay for their food, housing and transportation once they are taken into custody.

The flow is expected to grow. The number of unaccompanied, undocumented immigrants who are under 18 will likely double in 2015 to nearly 130,000 and cost U.S. taxpayers $2 billion, up from $868 million this year, according to administration estimates.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0E814T20140528

Scores of undocumented immigrants from Central America have been released at Greyhound Lines Inc. bus stations in Tucson and Phoenix over the past several days after they were flown to Arizona from south Texas, officials acknowledged.

Andy Adame, a spokesman for the Border Patrol in Tucson, confirmed that over the weekend federal officials flew about 400 migrants apprehended in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas to Tucson to be processed. He said the migrants were flown to Arizona because the Border Patrol does not have enough manpower to handle a surge in illegal immigrants in south Texas.

The release has drawn criticism from those on both sides of the immigration issue.

Border enforcement groups are concerned that the migrants will now disappear into the U.S., spurring even more to come illegally.
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...izona/9707503/

Are families just sending all their kids here alone, whats going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Smart move. Send children in troves. Hard to herd 60,000 children. Some are bound to make it through. It gives those kids a chance at a modern life at least.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Children are easier to indoctrinate, children are easier to control. Children have less cultural baggage. Children have weaker family ties. So yes, send us your children, we will make them our own.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    There really should be a line to this. I believe in the dream act. However, I don't believe in this. We should probably give amnesty and citizenship to children who can prove they've been here most of there lives. Say they're 18 and have been here since they were ten. Provide documentation such as school records that can prove they've been here. We cannot sustain the incoming population from Mexico though. There is a reason that we have immigration laws and it's not to be racist. It's so we can control the influx and allow immigrants who come here to know the A. English language. B. constitutional laws. There are American children we can't provide housing to right now. Yet we're suppose to just open up the borders and let the flood come in?

Deleted
    Wait, from 6000 to 60 000 in 3 years? I'm going to have to remain sceptical on that information.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Children are easier to indoctrinate, children are easier to control. Children have less cultural baggage. Children have weaker family ties. So yes, send us your children, we will make them our own.
    They're also great for the dependency ratio when they become tax paying citizens with useful skills. :P
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Wait, from 6000 to 60 000 in 3 years? I'm going to have to remain sceptical on that information.
    Oh by all means. The article is simply trying to make it look like the DREAM act is promoting illegals to send their kids over.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh by all means. The article is simply trying to make it look like the DREAM act is promoting illegals to send their kids over.
    There may be some truth to that however there has been research particularly with the Chinese by Time magazine where women come over to give birth so their kids have automatic citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    They're also great for the dependency ratio when they become tax paying citizens with useful skills. :P
    I'm certain all of them will be great law abiding citizens, considering they already started their move legally.

Oh wait...

15+ Year Old Account
    Tons more people to cast Democrat votes! Aside from you know, them not even being REGISTERED to vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I'm certain all of them will be great law abiding citizens, considering they already started their move legally.

Oh wait...
    You think an (illegal) trek across the border means they fully intend to lead a life of crime, and don't want to come here for better opportunities?

How pedantic of you.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

Oh wait...
    That's intelligent. Determine how a childs future morality and criminal outlook will be based on a decision that was never theirs to make. /FACEPALM.

They say "under 18", so they are not all babies. Just pointing that out, continue.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Just annex mexico already, ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why tighter border security is an important step in dealing with our illegal immigrant problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by fat free chocolate View Post
    Just annex mexico already, ffs.
    No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    This is why tighter border security is an important step in dealing with our illegal immigrant problem.
    You mean like it consistently has, especially since Obama took office?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    No thanks.
    We did not fight for our independence from mexico just for Mexico to become the 51st state! rabble rabble rabble...

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We did not fight for our independence from mexico just for Mexico to become the 51st state! rabble rabble rabble...

Well i think it would be similar to the problems West Germany had when they re-united with Eat germany, or if SK united with NK.

More hassle than its worth

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'm willing to have a heart for the kids who came with the parents without any choice and have only really ever known the U.S. to be their home... What the hell with sending kids over alone. :\ What is this, the new version of putting the baby in the basket and sending down stream with hopes it will find a better life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well i think it would be similar to the problems West Germany had when they re-united with Eat germany, or if SK united with NK.

More hassle than its worth
    Those German problems, they still exist btw. It's still a long way to go.
    But I think you're on the money..
    Speaking of money, on the flip side....
    With Mexico, you get the fucking richest man on Earth as a bonus.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."