Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Here's a great idea for them.

Let Blacksmiths (or a vendor...but I'd prefer bringing needing other people again) be able to hone a dagger or sword into an axe or fist weapon...or (and I've said this since they thought about armor switching stats) just remove Str/Agil/Int from weapons.

I have used Str axes, Str Axes w/ Parry and Int Maces (back before they nerfed caster weapon damage & speed so Shaman couldn't use them) all because no Agil Mace/Axe/Fist dropped.

We have now 10H Protectors kills and 20H Norushen kills....seen the dagger, no lie, 11 times...the fist weapon zip...(the Bow? 6 times...but I hate hunters anyway)

We need 4x fist weapons as we have a monk tank and a me and Enh shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Here's a great idea for them.

Let Blacksmiths (or a vendor...but I'd prefer bringing needing other people again) be able to hone a dagger or sword into an axe or fist weapon...or (and I've said this since they thought about armor switching stats) just remove Str/Agil/Int from weapons.

I have used Str axes, Str Axes w/ Parry and Int Maces (back before they nerfed caster weapon damage & speed so Shaman couldn't use them) all because no Agil Mace/Axe/Fist dropped.

We have now 10H Protectors kills and 20H Norushen kills....seen the dagger, no lie, 11 times...the fist weapon zip...(the Bow? 6 times...but I hate hunters anyway)

We need 4x fist weapons as we have a monk tank and a me and Enh shaman.
    Whilst at first glance this seems okay, there are a few issues with this.

1) From an aesthetics point of view you have an Axe that is actually a sword for example. Not a massive issue because of Transmog, but still strange

2) It removes the point of weapon specializations all together. Why make it more complected by making them have to add a new vendor when by doing this all they are really doing is allowing all classes to use all weapons, so they may as well just do that.

3) Removing Primary Stats from weapons would mean that you would have huge portions of the raid trying to get hold of the same item. 25 Man Raid kills their first Heroic Boss and a Sword drops for example. Instead of only a small portion of the raid rolling for it, suddenly the entire raid does. You would be left with the issue of not seeing an item drop but even worse because now everyone wants it, because you would have one of two scenarios. One, there is a particular weapon that is BiS for a large portion of players because there are only so many stat combinations or Two, they have multiple weapons with the exact same stats just different looks, which cheapens the feel of getting drops, and also leads to issues with unique drops as well as suddenly weapons wouldn't be unique anymore.

Deleted
    We had our time with daggers/fast offhands being used, until they normalised the damage of FT wep - this is going a while back, early Wrath if my memory serves? This change meant that we became better off using slow weapons in the offhand as weapon damage is king (Lava Lash).

I know this is probably known by most, but just clarifying for those saying daggers would be nice to have. Blizzard doesn't tend to reverse past decisions, I especially cannot see this being one that they do flip on. I certainly empathise with the weapons issue, though, since we rarely had our weapons dropping early in tiers, or typically had much in the way of option (obviously there are tiers that are exceptions)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by splinternz View Post
    We had our time with daggers/fast offhands being used, until they normalised the damage of FT wep - this is going a while back, early Wrath if my memory serves? This change meant that we became better off using slow weapons in the offhand as weapon damage is king (Lava Lash).

I know this is probably known by most, but just clarifying for those saying daggers would be nice to have. Blizzard doesn't tend to reverse past decisions, I especially cannot see this being one that they do flip on. I certainly empathise with the weapons issue, though, since we rarely had our weapons dropping early in tiers, or typically had much in the way of option (obviously there are tiers that are exceptions)
    That was when I rolled my first shaman (wotlk), I remember having two super fast daggers with double flametounge weapon, with flurry and the other haste talents it was was incredible poking stuff to death so fast, my characters animations couldn't even keep up.

Blizzard doesn't tend to reverse past decisions, I especially cannot see this being one that they do flip on.
    So furry warriors say hello to you...

Deleted
    The issue with Enhance using Daggers is there will always be a better weapon choice. If they alter the way imbues scale with weapon speed then all it would do would make Daggers the better choice, unless they standardized the weapon speed across all weapon types. The other option would be to put stats on daggers that are good enough to make you want to use them, but then you just end up with the opposite of being forced to use daggers instead of axes/maces. The normalisation of imbue damage is what killed the use of fast weapons, and I'd be surprised to see them alter it in such a way as to bring daggers back.

Deleted
    Yeah, it was T7 when WF/WF was screwing up our MH procs with OH procs and WF/FT with fast OH was also viable...wish they'd bring that back tbh, I'm sick and tired of doing progress bosses with sub-standard weapons. (currently doing paragons and I seriously don't like being the only dps without 2 heroic weapons)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    No thanks to Daggers. Ever.

Agree to craftable weapon though, and I wish they gave us the option to transmog our weapons into swords... you can place them on your back, while axes and maces are stuck dangling by the side of your leg. There's only one good looking axe in the game, and it's the Frost Giant's Cleaver (the axe from Icecrown Citadel) and its other coloured variants that sheathe on your back. It makes me jealous seeing Monks roll around with every goddamn weapon being sheath-able on their back.

If they don't let us transmog into swords, at least give us more axe options...
    This right here I agree esp on Troll I hate how our weps equip to the side of our waist. I am currently using the Bone Warden's Splitter as my mog to match the Dark Shaman Set. Was using Frost Giant's Cleaver up until then.

Also I like most of the dagger designs but I don't think they would go too well with Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    This right here I agree esp on Troll I hate how our weps equip to the side of our waist. I am currently using the Bone Warden's Splitter as my mog to match the Dark Shaman Set. Was using Frost Giant's Cleaver up until then.

Also I like most of the dagger designs but I don't think they would go too well with Shaman.
    I always disliked that about Trolls too. When my Shaman was briefly a troll it caused me to basically spend the entire time with my weapons unsheathed because it bothered me so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I dislike about Trolls is that they can't wear shoes, so I feel almost required to wear a robe to play one.