Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blizzard lied about faster expansions because they know they have no competition.

Probably unpopular - flying should be allowed while leveling, zones should be designed all like Storm Peaks/Icecrown. So tired of them restricting flying as much as they can instead of embracing it and designing with flying in mind. Storm Peaks and Icecrown (since you got flight at 77 in Wrath) were my favorite leveling content ever.

Ironically my unpopular wow opinion is related to what the op posted. I find it interesting and yes a little humorous that people do hold the there is no tolerance for being bad at the game or the general belief the content should be made much harder. Two reasons.....main one is wow truly is not the hardest mmo and its never been ....ever. most recent example ... wildstar.....the normal raid content there is rated harder than most wow heroic content....by ex wow heroic raiders. Secondly I just hate harsh mentalities for non important stuff...unless you are paid to play gaming isnt important. Not like a job that pays the bills or some medical issue getting taken care of. Relax. Also I don't like egos in a game..m.if for no other reason...everyone starts somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    Ironically my unpopular wow opinion is related to what the op posted. I find it interesting and yes a little humorous that people do hold the there is no tolerance for being bad at the game or the general belief the content should be made much harder. Two reasons.....main one is wow truly is not the hardest mmo and its never been ....ever. most recent example ... wildstar.....the normal raid content there is rated harder than most wow heroic content....by ex wow heroic raiders. Secondly I just hate harsh mentalities for non important stuff...unless you are paid to play gaming isnt important. Not like a job that pays the bills or some medical issue getting taken care of. Relax. Also I don't like egos in a game..m.if for no other reason...everyone starts somewhere.
    That's a fail. You didn't state an unpopular opinion.

YOU STATED FACT.

+1 by the way =)

Deleted
    My unpopular opinion:

I actually like LFR to relax from HC raiding ... (*insert confession bear*)

They should stop handing things out to people. Things were much better back in TBC model where only the top 1-5% of players experienced endgame raiding content. Things were a lot more fun when you actually had something to strive for and couldn't just get a set of gear from the most recent tier and plow through things in LFR. Yes, I'm aware heroic is harder and grants more - but once you've been through the content, you've experienced it...with far less hassle than any other setting. So what's the point? Ooh, bigger numbers...yay? This is why they hurt raiding.

They should bring back reagents.

They should bring back spell training at class trainers. And class quests, too.

They should remove LFR/LFG. Or if not, it should specifically be server only so that if you're a little snot, people on your server can act accordingly - bringing back the public justice system that made the community stronger back in the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but I fully believe that the game was dumbed down over time. While yes raiding is harder (heroics) than it used to be in the vanilla/TBC days, that is the -only- difficult thing left. I also think that the whole special snowflake thing being "bad" is dumb. I liked how people stood out for their acomplishments in vanilla. Seeing guys in full tier 1 inspired me to want to raid myself. I thought wow that is sick! I felt this on both ends. It did of course feel cool to get complimented on my gear after I ended up becoming one of the players people looked up to.

I also think that cross community aspects hurt the game more than it helped. I would gladly take longer BG queues for it to have been server wide only again. I also would gladly take no server transfers over having them. I remember when realm forums were filled to the brim with discussions, good and bad. People who knew each other. Posts about what guild killed what boss last. Server first posts etc. I can't tell you who the hell the top guild on my server is now. For horde or alliance. I knew every good guild back in vanilla. Not now. I also miss when leveling was a lot longer. You felt proud when you managed to level up an alt. Which brings me to my next point, I'd take classes having specs that sucked at certain things over today's homogenization ANYDAY. I played a Paladin as my first raiding class. I was shocked to learn that if I wanted to raid I'd have to heal instead of DPS. I however felt unique. I was a very unique class, every class was.

I don't talk about this because I'm always flamed for my opinion. Because how dare I want a game that is challenging in multiple aspects other than heroic raiding.

I don't disagree that overall the game is better now than it was in vanilla. But is it more fun? Not for me at least.

I also laugh when people attack TBC and vanilla especially as being just plain terrible experiences. The game couldn't have been that bad. I mean vanilla WoW had the largest growth of any time period in WoW's history, hitting over 7 mil players in a 2 year period. If the game was so bad, it would not have gotten a quarter of that. I also find it ironic that the more accessible they make the game, the more subs drop. That's for many reasons of course, but I find it funny

Oh and one more unpopular opinion - flying SUCKS and ruined the epic feeling of being out in a world for me.

Edit: One more thing that I hate is the words "rose tinted glasses". I want to slap everyone who says that bullshit. I mean really, we're not so stupid we can't see the difference between nostalgia and enjoyment. These people act like it's just so bloody crazy to enjoy anything from the first 4 years of WoW.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Flying doesn't need to be removed, but toned down so peole can't hop herb to herb / ore to ore. It should be like in pokémon, cast it anywhere and the map would open and you would fly straight to flight points and the game would calculate the quickest route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    i loved cata
    /10characters

I really liked Vashjir and didn't find anything wrong with z axis combat. It felt pretty free and the zone itself is absolutely breathtaking (cuz it's underwater!!!)

Sometimes I wish Blizz could put a secret raid or dungeon somewhere and not tell players about it and see who can find it first just for kicks.

I also think that leveling in vanilla-wrath in vanilla content was waaay more fun BECAUSE it's non-linear, when any challenge or obstacle is taken out and the game essentially nudges you in the correct direction, you don't have to think to level, even without heirlooms. The reward of getting a character there was fun for me, now it absolutely is a chore because it feels like you're wasting time instead of "getting your new main to max level!".
    Last edited by LTCrystallite; 2014-08-08 at 04:54 AM.
    Do not underestimate us.

Field Marshal RagequitTheShaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cata was an amazing expansion, from regular BoT to Heroic DS

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    I'm sorry but I fully believe that the game was dumbed down over time. While yes raiding is harder (heroics) than it used to be in the vanilla/TBC days, that is the -only- difficult thing left. I also think that the whole special snowflake thing being "bad" is dumb. I liked how people stood out for their acomplishments in vanilla. Seeing guys in full tier 1 inspired me to want to raid myself. I thought wow that is sick! I felt this on both ends. It did of course feel cool to get complimented on my gear after I ended up becoming one of the players people looked up to.

I also think that cross community aspects hurt the game more than it helped. I would gladly take longer BG queues for it to have been server wide only again. I also would gladly take no server transfers over having them. I remember when realm forums were filled to the brim with discussions, good and bad. People who knew each other. Posts about what guild killed what boss last. Server first posts etc. I can't tell you who the hell the top guild on my server is now. For horde or alliance. I knew every good guild back in vanilla. Not now. I also miss when leveling was a lot longer. You felt proud when you managed to level up an alt. Which brings me to my next point, I'd take classes having specs that sucked at certain things over today's homogenization ANYDAY. I played a Paladin as my first raiding class. I was shocked to learn that if I wanted to raid I'd have to heal instead of DPS. I however felt unique. I was a very unique class, every class was.

I don't talk about this because I'm always flamed for my opinion. Because how dare I want a game that is challenging in multiple aspects other than heroic raiding.

I don't disagree that overall the game is better now than it was in vanilla. But is it more fun? Not for me at least.

I also laugh when people attack TBC and vanilla especially as being just plain terrible experiences. The game couldn't have been that bad. I mean vanilla WoW had the largest growth of any time period in WoW's history, hitting over 7 mil players in a 2 year period. If the game was so bad, it would not have gotten a quarter of that. I also find it ironic that the more accessible they make the game, the more subs drop. That's for many reasons of course, but I find it funny

Oh and one more unpopular opinion - flying SUCKS and ruined the epic feeling of being out in a world for me.

Edit: One more thing that I hate is the words "rose tinted glasses". I want to slap everyone who says that bullshit. I mean really, we're not so stupid we can't see the difference between nostalgia and enjoyment. These people act like it's just so bloody crazy to enjoy anything from the first 4 years of WoW.
    My unpopular opinion is that I agree with most everything you said.
    Do not underestimate us.

Think wow should focus more on Less content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutora View Post
    1. Any comment about kids in the game is just utterly stupid, during those kids school days we've still seen terrible LFR's/losses in BG's due to PvE gear or ignorance/Tom-Foolery and Jackass-ery all around.
    2. Blizzard had/has no idea wtf to do with Monks.
    3. MoP fit more in the storyline than any other expansion since it deals with the heart of Azeroth's first problem; OLD GODS. Thunder King = Titan stuffs, he was bound to leave MoP and invade with Trolls eventually, we just beat him to the punch.
    4. Arcane Shot needs to scale while leveling huntards, burst of speed.....really?
    5. They're all good expansions, BC just happen to take your expansion virginity so you dubbed it the best. Wotlk just happens to be the time you started and had the most fun, so you dubbed it the best.....see a pattern? They all have had their ups and downs.
    6. Emerald Nightmare expansion cuz why the fuck not?
    So much this. I liked BC during BC, but looking back on it now I know there was better waiting to happen and it did.

I don't like the horde. I feel like the Alliance is an overall better experience, the players on Horde feel more toxic.
    Only play it for friends, and cause belves are cute.

I feel like a traitorous piece of shit every time i have to kill garrosh.
    I hate crz wish it was never implemented.
    I feel that 90% of the paladin population are complete asswipes for some reason, like its a prereq or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Argent Tourney was actually really fun. Ditto for ToC x2

The way they had wrath raiding was absolutely perfect and changing it fucked everything up.

Not sure if all of these are that unpopular, I know some of them are.

• I would have preferred if they added the new talent system as an extension to the old one, instead of replacing it entirely. The Old to improve already existing abilities as well as your character and the New to choose entirely new abilities.
    • I still want High Elves as an Alliance race. (And Ogres for Horde)
    • Heirlooms removed and replaced by an experience boost that is active account wide and can be improved by spending honour/justice points, just like you would when purchasing heirlooms. Should be an option to disable it in the settings meu.
    • I enjoyed Cata and MoP.
    • I also enjoyed Cata Heroics.
    • I like Pandaren as well as Pandaria.
    • I don't think they have taken the Item Squish far enough.
    • I miss Paladin auras.
    • More cast time, less instants.
    • I'd like the world to be more dangerous as you level up.
    • I'd also like group quests to make a return.
    • I actually liked reagents.
    • I dislike no longer having to visit a trainer to learn new abilities.
    • I miss class quests.

And that's about it I guess.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

I like dailies, and I'm kinda saddened we won't have any set daily hubs in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think garrosh is a pretty cool dude.

I hate outland. Every zone is one or two colors.

I think blizz should try to balance the game around 1v1 and 2v2.

I prefer questing over dungeons.

I think twinking is fun, can be nice to take a break from max level.